[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Hello guys, sorry because i never said thank you because you helped me to Flash my phone and now it works, Thanks Equilym and GuyOverThere that was awesome.

The only Rom i got working was a racer boy one, and the lock screen it's weird behaving and games crash often. I was wondering if you could tell me about one Rom wich it's good enough for games, i tried optimized Temple Run to ARM11 (armV6) but it crashes, just like Agent Dash.

Also i wanna know why my phone does not work well with the Equilym Roms, i tried all of them, and on every one my camera app crashes and shows the message "the device could't connect to the camera" i must clear that i always delete the cache before installing a new Rom.

Thank you again for all the help, because of you guys i resurrected my phone :)

It seems there are several different camera models on the Racer phones. Jut like yours, mine does not work with vamshi's kernel, but it does work with deadlink's, as it seems to have the required drivers.

But even with deadlink's kernel, the camera works at 2MP instead of 3.2MP, and the image quality is not very good. Only with the original (stock) ROM did the camera work at 3.2MP.

You can find the DL link for deadlink's kernel in the first post of this thread.

Edited by Glock24

Guest GuyOverThere

Hello guys, sorry because i never said thank you because you helped me to Flash my phone and now it works, Thanks Equilym and GuyOverThere that was awesome.

The only Rom i got working was a racer boy one, and the lock screen it's weird behaving and games crash often. I was wondering if you could tell me about one Rom wich it's good enough for games, i tried optimized Temple Run to ARM11 (armV6) but it crashes, just like Agent Dash.

Also i wanna know why my phone does not work well with the Equilym Roms, i tried all of them, and on every one my camera app crashes and shows the message "the device could't connect to the camera" i must clear that i always delete the cache before installing a new Rom.

Thank you again for all the help, because of you guys i resurrected my phone

I don't remember where (here at modaco or youtube or some place on the net) I read that for gaming one of the best roms was the lewa ones (there is one of those here made or ported by racerboy), you could check that one and see if it offers improvements for games

Regarding camera, haven't noticed the 3.2/2MP thing with deadlink's kernel, perphaps my camera isn't affected since I can use vamshi's or deadlink's kernels and it always work, I guess I have one of the lucky models but yes, as Glock24 said, deadlink's board file defines more camera devices than vamshi's, might worth checking.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

there are few camera models ie racer variants, i think brazil and not sure which ones have a different hardware camera so the drivers are different.. as for 3.2MP issue, i really dont see the difference on stock and custom rom regarding it, not sure how you even compare.. it has a crappy lense so pictures are crap any way you turn it lol

Guest GuyOverThere

lol yeah that's true, damn lense T_T also yes, brazil is definitely one with different hardware, not sure which is which though :-\ deadlink defines 3: MT9T11X, MT9D115 and MT9D113. MT9D115 and MT9D113 seems to be 2.0 MP and MT9T11X 3.1 MP:

#ifdef CONFIG_MT9T11X

/*

* Commented by zhang.shengjie, ZTE_MSM_CAMERA_ZHSHJ_001

* Refer to drivers/media/video/msm/mt9t11x.c

* For MT9T111: 3.1Mp, 1/4-Inch System-On-A-Chip (SOC) CMOS Digital Image Sensor

* For MT9T112: 3.1Mp, 1/4-Inch System-On-A-Chip (SOC) CMOS Digital Image Sensor

* Attention: I2C device is initialized in sensor's driver if "CONFIG_SENSOR_ADAPTER"

* is defined

*/

#ifdef CONFIG_MT9D115

/*

* add by ZTE_CAMERA_LIJING_20100629 for MT9D115-2.0Mp-FF-Socket

* Attention: I2C device is initialized in sensor's driver if "CONFIG_SENSOR_ADAPTER"

* is defined

*/

#ifdef CONFIG_MT9D113

/*

* add by ZTE_CAMERA_LIJING_20100902 for MT9D113-2.0Mp-FF-Socket

* is defined

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

Equiliym could solve my problem i am trying to fix the issue of stock dialer force close on mokee 1.10 ..i don't want to use 3rd party dialer...

dump logcat, see what error your dialer shows when you try to open it, decompile phone.apk and fix error, compile, sign, push to phone

probably twelvekeydialer.xml in phone.apk if i remember correctly but might be mistaking

ZTE Racer in brazil have a 2.0 camera :/

The gen is set while in menuconfig, you go to System type -> MSM Board Selection, there you should see a prompt called ZTE Mooncake GEN with two possible options: Gen1 and Gen2, Gen1 is selected by default.

As far as msm_ts goes, I'm not gonna lie, is a pain in the ass because a huge lack of documentation so there's not much I can't tell you about it (I don't know it myself) strictly to "editing" you use any text editor. What I can tell you however is that msm_ts.c is based on a very general msm_ts.c from vamshi's sources, however is not vamshi's driver (he didn't put it in his github, don't know why) and it doesn't have perfect calibration. I have a driver with "perfect" calibration (where you touch that's where the point is marked) but due to sensitivity issues or some weird IRQ thing it has many ghost clicks so I haven't upload it, I'm still trying to fix that.

Regarding camera, the models supported are defined in arch/arm/mach-msm/board-mooncake.c I don't know what you have so I can't say much, however board-mooncake.c is based on deadlink's sources which is the one I found to have more devices supported.

So just build ? And touch calibration is good ?And i cannot put deadlinks touch calibration ? :(

Edited by Kyrii

Guest GuyOverThere

ZTE Racer in brazil have a 2.0 camera :/

So just build ?

Pretty much just build, yeah (using the defconfig specified on github, the make calls and all that).

Touch calibration good?
I really really think that if you're interested on calibration you better stick with current kernels (vamshi or deadlink), the msm_ts.c in my github repo isn't the most stable yet, sometimes is jumpy and needs calibration improvements. Also, in some devices can be worse than others it seems.

And i cannot put deadlinks touch calibration ?

To do that you'll need to change board-mooncake.c and what changes to make depends on what version of deadlink's msm_ts.c driver you use; he posted several, all different, there's one where he uses stock values from tslib (pointercal file on stock roms) for axis X and Y and this will require you to set max_x:329 and max_y:239 on board-mooncake, other version uses offsets he got from Tigex and that will require max_x:850 and max_y:900 or something like that, similar to the ones vamshi used in his versions of board-mooncake. Also, there's a version of deadlink's driver with multi-touch-like hacks which requires you to messing with virtualkeys.msm-touchscreen, you also need to define the correct values for the keypad to work (home, menu, back keys) and either change synaptics-i2c-rmi.c or msm_ts.c to report evbit events for home, menu and back keys.

Yeah, I know, all this quirks are a pain and the reason why msm_ts.c sucks xD

Edited by GuyOverThere

Yeah, I will build it in the weekend :/

And touch calibration changes, can you give-me the documentation ? And the deadlink's msm_ts.c too ?

So, I will test the Racerboy Rom #257, this rom the camera works, a good touch , have VAMSHI kernel (i think) and have Smartassv2. That's what i want

I will download and catch the boot.img, zip, format boot and install, will it work ? :/

Edited by Kyrii

Guest GuyOverThere

And touch calibration changes, can you give-me the documentation ?

There's none, that's precisely the problem with calibration and other things related to zte kernel

And the deadlink's msm_ts.c too ?

You can grab two made by him from his repo, msm_ts.c is a pretty generic version without the default virtualkeys implementation and msm_ts_racer.c is a modified version but nothing big, the other ones are in posts in this forums, don't have them at hand right now, check his posts and you'll find them.

I will download and catch the boot.img, zip, format boot and install, will it work ? :/

Not sure I understand what you mean, if you're talking about getting the boot.img from racerboy's #257 rom and using that boot.img in other roms, yes you can. If you mean compiling your kernel, creating a boot.img and flashing it in racerboy's #257 then you can do that as well.

Not sure I understand what you mean, if you're talking about getting the boot.img from racerboy's #257 rom and using that boot.img in other roms, yes you can. If you mean compiling your kernel, creating a boot.img and flashing it in racerboy's #257 then you can do that as well.

Yes, i will catch Racerboy 257 rom, catch the noot.img in the zip, rezip and format boot and flash

I think it will work and my racer will be complete

Catch the boot.img failed , can you check what kernel this rom uses ? Rom 257 v2 by Racerboy (http://bit.ly/SUT9B0 )

I cannot wipe my racer today

Edited by Kyrii

Guest GuyOverThere

Yes, i will catch Racerboy 257 rom, catch the noot.img in the zip, rezip and format boot and flash

I think it will work and my racer will be complete

Catch the boot.img failed , can you check what kernel this rom uses ? Rom 257 v2 by Racerboy (http://bit.ly/SUT9B0 )

I cannot wipe my racer today

It uses vamshi's version #7 or something like that. How did the extract failed? What errors did you have? It should'nt be problematic, with 7zip or winrar you open the rom, extract boot.img file then open the other rom you want to put the boot.img file in, remove the boot.img from that rom and add the boot.img you extracted from racerboy's rom

Guest Rahulsingh190

Guyoverthere you said that we dont have ics libs for our racer & zte is never gonna release it...but we dont even had gb libs from zte for our phone...but we have gb running on our phone....& zte blade libs with essential modification may workm isn't it...........i may be wrong

I don't remember where (here at modaco or youtube or some place on the net) I read that for gaming one of the best roms was the lewa ones (there is one of those here made or ported by racerboy), you could check that one and see if it offers improvements for games.

Regarding camera, haven't noticed the 3.2/2MP thing with deadlink's kernel, perphaps my camera isn't affected since I can use vamshi's or deadlink's kernels and it always work, I guess I have one of the lucky models but yes, as Glock24 said, deadlink's board file defines more camera devices than vamshi's, might worth checking.

Thank you GuyOverThere, i noticed the same issue with the camera now it's 2MP only; i'll search for the Lewa Rom i just hope it doesn't have the same issue with the unlock screen =/

Guest GuyOverThere

Guyoverthere you said that we dont have ics libs for our racer & zte is never gonna release it...but we dont even had gb libs from zte for our phone...but we have gb running on our phone....& zte blade libs with essential modification may workm isn't it...........i may be wrong

Dude... just drop it already xD if you want ICS buy another phone :P

Nah jokes apart, I'm not sure what the history with 2.3 was (I didn't have this phone when all that happen), I think that someone got blade working with 2.3, then someone had the idea of using the work from blade to have 2.3 running on racer (using blade libs perphaps) and then deadlink's put his racer file sources available and we got 2.3 like any other (you can compile, modify and what not)

From what I've read, with ICS the process was trying to use blade libs (since hardware is almost identical) and in some cases the current CM7 sources to make the libs work in ICS but this process failed, what worked taking 2.1 and 2.2 phones to 2.3 didn't work this time, the latest tests with ICS with ported or modified libs had the phone able to boot and that's it, RIL wasn't working (meaning no Cell Network, no 3g, etc...), sound not working, wifi not working, bluetooth not working... just boots. Then there was a touchscreen issue, nobody really sure where the problem came from, some though it was kernel related (msm_ts needs modification, new qualcomm drivers require genlock which isn't available in 2.6.32.9...) some also though that perphaps it was something else, libinput or the like... anyway, of all the things not working on ICS you had to add up the touchscreen.

Now, something you should understand is this: with 2.3 (and early ICS tests) there were Chinese people working on kernel, libs, etc; there were also the Russians, Indians, quite a few here at modaco tilal, racerboy, tigex, rickywatt, equilyim, t0mmb13... all this people was thinkering and hacking away... and now THERE'S NO ONE! xD well equilyim is still around and racerboy makes appearances now and then but that's it, this basically means there's a huge lack of personal and knowledge to test, debug, modify, compile, port.... add all this up and you have less than 10 persons who owns this phone from which only 2 at most can do any kind of thinkering with sources, compilation, and the like and from those 2 I'm counting me in which is worse because I'm not a developer!!!!!! xD

Equilyim might give you more insight on how 2.3 came to racer and what went wrong with ICS since all I've gattered have been the product of spending countless hours reading through a lot of posts in different forums, googlegroups logs, mail list and google searches so I might be wrong in a few things.

So things like why we had libraries for 2.3, qualcomm released TS drivers and the like don't matter much, the possibility to getting ICS on Racer is slim to none.

Guy i found this ROM in Reacerboy's ROMs threat, it's the Lewa but i'm not sure, cause surfing in his website i found a different version o.O

Could you please tell me what's the right one?

This it's racerboy uploads

And this it's the Link he provided in the bottom at his post like a signature

I'm not sure about one to choose, but this far, nothing to say else thanks, my phone it's coming slowly to life again :)

Edited by senupe

Guest GuyOverThere

Guy i found this ROM in Reacerboy's ROMs threat, it's the Lewa but i'm not sure, cause surfing in his website i found a different version o.O

Could you please tell me what's the right one?

This it's racerboy uploads

And this it's the Link he provided in the bottom at his post like a signature

I'm not sure about one to choose, but this far, nothing to say else thanks, my phone it's coming slowly to life again

Get the second one, raceroms isn't updated to several of the latest roms (lewa being one of them)

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest Rahulsingh190

I updated the racerboys lewa with the latest official version of blade..but swapper is getting force close..rest all is good..how can I solve this equiliym..I don't have knowledge about decompiling & compiling apk files..

It uses vamshi's version #7 or something like that. How did the extract failed? What errors did you have? It should'nt be problematic, with 7zip or winrar you open the rom, extract boot.img file then open the other rom you want to put the boot.img file in, remove the boot.img from that rom and add the boot.img you extracted from racerboy's rom

Okay

I will do it '-'

If i use the last rom by equilyim , i just format boot , right ?

The gen is set while in menuconfig, you go to System type -> MSM Board Selection, there you should see a prompt called ZTE Mooncake GEN with two possible options: Gen1 and Gen2, Gen1 is selected by default.

As far as msm_ts goes, I'm not gonna lie, is a pain in the ass because a huge lack of documentation so there's not much I can't tell you about it (I don't know it myself) strictly to "editing" you use any text editor. What I can tell you however is that msm_ts.c is based on a very general msm_ts.c from vamshi's sources, however is not vamshi's driver (he didn't put it in his github, don't know why) and it doesn't have perfect calibration. I have a driver with "perfect" calibration (where you touch that's where the point is marked) but due to sensitivity issues or some weird IRQ thing it has many ghost clicks so I haven't upload it, I'm still trying to fix that.

Regarding camera, the models supported are defined in arch/arm/mach-msm/board-mooncake.c I don't know what you have so I can't say much, however board-mooncake.c is based on deadlink's sources which is the one I found to have more devices supported.

I get this error when i compile the code in the third pass:

scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig

CHK	 include/linux/version.h

SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm

make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' está atualizado.

CHK	 include/linux/utsrelease.h

CC	 scripts/mod/empty.o

cc1: erro: unrecognized command line option ‘-mlittle-endian’

cc1: erro: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-thumb-interwork’

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: unknown ABI (aapcs-linux) for -mabi= switch

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: bad value (armv5t) for -march= switch

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: bad value (strongarm) for -mtune= switch

make[2]: ** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Erro 1

make[1]: ** [scripts/mod] Erro 2

make: ** [scripts] Erro 2

Erro= Error

Edited by Kyrii

Guest GuyOverThere

I get this error when i compile the code in the third pass:

scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/arm/Kconfig

CHK	 include/linux/version.h

SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm

make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' está atualizado.

CHK	 include/linux/utsrelease.h

CC	 scripts/mod/empty.o

cc1: erro: unrecognized command line option ‘-mlittle-endian’

cc1: erro: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-thumb-interwork’

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: unknown ABI (aapcs-linux) for -mabi= switch

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: bad value (armv5t) for -march= switch

scripts/mod/empty.c:1:0: erro: bad value (strongarm) for -mtune= switch

make[2]: ** [scripts/mod/empty.o] Erro 1

make[1]: ** [scripts/mod] Erro 2

make: ** [scripts] Erro 2

Erro= Error

You're not using $YOUR_ARM_EABI_CC as it is written right? because that's what it looks like and it's wrong, as it's stated in cyanogenmods compile guide, the CROSS_COMPILE parameter you pass to make has to point to some arm compiler, in case you have cyanogenmod sources that would be where_you_put_the_sources/prebuilt/linux_x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.x/bin/arm-eabi- (where "x" is a minor version, like 4.4.3 or 4.4.0), if you use the optional eabi then it will be wherever you decompressed it and have the required arm-eabi-gcc, arm-eabi-c++, arm-eabi-g++, etc...

So, $YOUR_ARM_EABI_CC is to be interpreted as, for example, CROSS_COMPILE=/home/me/some-arm-cross-compiler-files/arm-eabi-

You're not using $YOUR_ARM_EABI_CC as it is written right? because that's what it looks like and it's wrong, as it's stated in cyanogenmods compile guide, the CROSS_COMPILE parameter you pass to make has to point to some arm compiler, in case you have cyanogenmod sources that would be where_you_put_the_sources/prebuilt/linux_x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.x/bin/arm-eabi- (where "x" is a minor version, like 4.4.3 or 4.4.0), if you use the optional eabi then it will be wherever you decompressed it and have the required arm-eabi-gcc, arm-eabi-c++, arm-eabi-g++, etc...

So, $YOUR_ARM_EABI_CC is to be interpreted as, for example, CROSS_COMPILE=/home/me/some-arm-cross-compiler-files/arm-eabi-

Yes '-'

How can i do it ? do you have a command ?

Guest GuyOverThere

Yes '-'

How can i do it ? do you have a command ?

Do I have a command for what?? O.o

Since this appears to be the first time you're building a kernel I suggest you to read this and this

From the first link, if you don't have cyanogenmod sources use the ARM EABI Toolchain (Optional) or clone the prebuilt gcc as stated in the second link.

Guest senupe

Hello guys, ahhh sorry for being annoying but i'm having trouble again ._.

I installed Lewa ROM because i wanted to test the performance in games, when it booted up i wanted to test the camera, (because the only ROM properly recognizing it it's RacerBoy one) i followed the instructions about installed Deadlinks Kernel because it got the proper driver, but then the phone just hangs on eternal loop and the only way to restore it i'ts installing the ROM all over again =/

Please help, i don't know what to do now =S

PD: I know i'm a noobie (sorry, i study a health related carrer so i know nothing about programming and can't help you very much in the threat =/)

I made

to show you what happens. Edited by senupe