[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest equiliym

green, by default, racer has no multitouch support, that is just a ts driver hacked in kernel, deadlinks kernel has it and thats pretty much all we can get about it.. and thanks for that apk, ill take a look at it later

Guest Harsh37

hey equilym!!!!!!!!! In this rom Screen rotation animation does not work properly....!!!!!........Means dat it rotates but it has green screen coming before the rotation.....!!!!! i rebooted the phone but titz d same....!!!!!!! could u plz check it out.......bcoz i like those effects very much....!!!! nd bydaway rom is awesome....!!!!!!!

Guest equiliym

hey equilym!!!!!!!!! In this rom Screen rotation animation does not work properly....!!!!!........Means dat it rotates but it has green screen coming before the rotation.....!!!!! i rebooted the phone but titz d same....!!!!!!! could u plz check it out.......bcoz i like those effects very much....!!!! nd bydaway rom is awesome....!!!!!!!

that shouldnt be happening, that was the issue with old egl drivers.. can you please tell me what variant of zte racer do you have?

Guest GuyOverThere

that shouldnt be happening, that was the issue with old egl drivers.. can you please tell me what variant of zte racer do you have?

Hmmm... that actually sounds like an issue with latest racerboy's rom I think? never happen to me with the roms on this post though, if I remember correctly, the issue was solved (kinda) changing animation settings of adw launcher because that it didn't happen if I used other launcher.

Edit: change wording.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

Hmmm... that actually sounds like an issue with latest racerboy's rom I think? never happen to me with the roms on this post though, if I remember correctly, the issue was solved (kinda) changing animation settings of adw launcher because that it didn't happen if I used other launcher.

im not sure if its related to adw settings or egl driver, i know i use different egl drivers from racerboy but i still never had that issue before :s

Guest GuyOverThere

im not sure if its related to adw settings or egl driver, i know i use different egl drivers from racerboy but i still never had that issue before :s

I had but again, with racerboy's latest, that rc1 rom I believe

Guest equiliym

im not really sure what effect that is but you should try with different egl drivers, i tried racerboys rom that guyoverthere said and it had green glitchs when rotating, i used my egl drivers and they were gone.. i dont know why you have that with my egl but try using different anyway

Guest GuyOverThere

any one answer me,x we have 256mb ram but shows only 162mb.

yeah, that's normal as far as I know, some memory is reserved by the system and thus hidden

Edit: Add content

This is from zte's faq:

For android handset, when you check the handset memory via task manager, you will find that the usable memory is only about 160M while the standard memory is 256M, which caused many users can’t understand. In fact, one reason for this problem is that the RAM is distributed to a fixed area of radio and boot manager before the operating system get started. When the operating system runs, it can only detect the usable memory, besides, for preset software in handset, running programs also occupies the used space part, which is different according to actual situation.

The above description is the main cause for RAM is not corresponded with standard, which make the users confused.

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest senupe

Guys i just installed 20120729 ROM and now i can't boot up into ClockworkMod, i've tried RecoveryManager and then Installing all sebastian404 versions of clockworkmod, but nothing happens, now i'm stucked at that ROM and can't even erase cache cause camera deosn't work on my phone either, Please help me.

Guest GuyOverThere

Guys i just installed 20120729 ROM and now i can't boot up into ClockworkMod, i've tried RecoveryManager and then Installing all sebastian404 versions of clockworkmod, but nothing happens, now i'm stucked at that ROM and can't even erase cache cause camera deosn't work on my phone either, Please help me.

Uh... wat?

How exactly did you install 20120729? I have that rom as well and didn't give me problems, but even if something goes wrong during install it shouldn't damage clockwork mod, I've tested a lot roms, even very experimental ones cooked by myself and while many didn't boot, clockworkmod still worked everytime. Also, don't understand that part about being unable to clear cache because camera isn't working???

Anyhow, I've seen cases where for whatever reason you can't enter clockworkmod with the conventional method (volume down + power button) but instead have to use volume down + power button + call button (or end call button, don't remember) but even if that doesn't work, assuming that you can still use the phone (you said you're stucked on the rom, not sure if that means you can "use it") you could long press the power button, the menu appears, select reboot, then check reboot recovery and then ok to reboot.

Failing all that all I can think off is to use fastboot or adb to install clockworkmod again.

Just in case, afaik the latest clockworkmod version working on racer is 4.0.1.5

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

racer or racer2..? people keep installing cwm and roms on racer2 lately and messing up their devices

Guest senupe

Uh... wat?

How exactly did you install 20120729? I have that rom as well and didn't give me problems, but even if something goes wrong during install it shouldn't damage clockwork mod, I've tested a lot roms, even very experimental ones cooked by myself and while many didn't boot, clockworkmod still worked everytime. Also, don't understand that part about being unable to clear cache because camera isn't working???

Anyhow, I've seen cases where for whatever reason you can't enter clockworkmod with the conventional method (volume down + power button) but instead have to use volume down + power button + call button (or end call button, don't remember) but even if that doesn't work, assuming that you can still use the phone (you said you're stucked on the rom, not sure if that means you can "use it") you could long press the power button, the menu appears, select reboot, then check reboot recovery and then ok to reboot.

Failing all that all I can think off is to use fastboot or adb to install clockworkmod again.

Just in case, afaik the latest clockworkmod version working on racer is 4.0.1.5

Sorry for not being explanative, The Rom boots normaly on my phone and it's usable but some stuff doesn't work, like Wi-Fi and the Camera, but that's it, everything else it's working greatly and i really thankyou the fact of the improved kernel cause the stock one it's a pain.

The clockworkmod for some reason doesn't boot anymore don't know why, i tried every single (gen1 and gen2) .img on the sebastioan404 post. And i would be very apreciated if anyone can helpme.

PD: I have the ZTE Racer I, yes, the one with the resistive touchscreen 162Mb RAM and 600MHz processor :)

Also haven't tried pressing the call button, i'll do it and then post again, thanks a lot to all :D

Guest GuyOverThere

Sorry for not being explanative, The Rom boots normaly on my phone and it's usable but some stuff doesn't work, like Wi-Fi and the Camera, but that's it, everything else it's working greatly and i really thankyou the fact of the improved kernel cause the stock one it's a pain.

The clockworkmod for some reason doesn't boot anymore don't know why, i tried every single (gen1 and gen2) .img on the sebastioan404 post. And i would be very apreciated if anyone can helpme.

PD: I have the ZTE Racer I, yes, the one with the resistive touchscreen 162Mb RAM and 600MHz processor :)

Also haven't tried pressing the call button, i'll do it and then post again, thanks a lot to all :D

Few questions

- Did you full-wipe before installing the rom?

- What exactly happens when using vol down + power button? It just start the rom normally?

- Just because moore's law exists, does the volume down button works while using the rom?

A word of caution: never put recovery images, roms and what not that are meant for racer2

Finally, the best you should do is to install clockworkmod using fastboot, I'll leave you this link with instructions (download the one called: recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-mooncake-gen1.img), in case you need info setting up fastboot take a look at this post.

Good luck

Edit:// Typos...

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

i could compile you the latest cwm for racer.. buggy but if you want to try.. i tried it myself, usb mount not working and a bit oversized but it alright lol.. as for latest nightly, i am really really lazy to test and release it.. not like it has any changes, only added support for galaxy fit so nothing new..

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

racer does have 256mb ram, it shows around 160mb as free for usage and reserves around 90 for system thus getting it fully to 256mb..

and ARM11 games do work, enable swap for better performance

also latest nightly reupping, will be done in 15 mins on first post

Guest equiliym

what's has been fixed in new release ....

you have changelog link in first post (CM7 Changelog can be seen here)

whats new in this release:

I12a3f02d cyanogen: Add Samsung Galaxy Fit (GT-S5670) to vendor setup (MERGED) Teguh Sobirin CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen gingerbread Aug 1

Does the compass issue still present?

yep, that issue is in all 2.3.x roms.. if anyone can fix sensor libs it would also fix compass issues i guess

Edited by equiliym