[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest equiliym

I wanted to check the compass thing but since I've never used I don't know what's wrong with it :-\ I installed compass but don't what problem am I looking for, can someone give me details of the problem?

i think it shows different directions or something, i dunno.. never used it but i know people were bitching about it xd also gz :P

Guest GuyOverThere

hmmm that might be a problem since I don't have an analog compass o: also don't have someone to borrow it.

I used a different libsensors than those of deadlink's, that's why I wanna check.

With compass from catch installed from google play, all I see is the compass, it moves the pointer as I move, a text is above saying (right now) this:

Unknown Address

10º29'46.1" N 66º52'43.0" W

And coordenates from wikimapia for the place I am (the tower I work) shows pretty much the same: 10°29'46"N 66°52'42

Any other details would be appreciated.

The only thing I've noticed is that the compass is very sensitive and the "determining your location" thing takes some time to show the coordenates.

Forgot to add screenshot.

post-984787-0-55217700-1345040213.png

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest noobzone

well i tried to see where should north be by using google maps (if you don't rotate north is up right?) but compass shows east. that was the problem with everybody i guess. 90º swift.

Guest GuyOverThere

well i tried to see where should north be by using google maps (if you don't rotate north is up right?) but compass shows east. that was the problem with everybody i guess. 90º swift.

Ahhhhhh now I understand, in that case, it is broken then :P yeah gonna go with equiliym's plans and put the compass thing in never-gonna-fix bag.

I think I read somewhere that this doesn't happen with 2.2 roms? or it was only in stock that worked? do you know?

Guest equiliym

Ahhhhhh now I understand, in that case, it is broken then :P yeah gonna go with equiliym's plans and put the compass thing in never-gonna-fix bag.

I think I read somewhere that this doesn't happen with 2.2 roms? or it was only in stock that worked? do you know?

my 2.2 teapot rom works perfectly so no, no bugs in 2.2

Guest equiliym

do you have the libsensors used on that rom uploaded somewhere or are those the same used on 2.3 roms?

different, those are for 2.2, i have sensors.default and .goldfish there.. i think i tried it once with 2.3 but cant remember if worked.. attaching, they go in /lib/hw, maybe you'll have a better luck

edit: not flashable btw

sensors.rar

Edited by equiliym

Guest GuyOverThere

I've been searching about the issue, seems blade people also had them (or still, not sure) and not much is known as to what is exactly the cause, so far I've read: cm7 issue, kernel hack to adapt to cm7 commit, kernel hack, libsensors rework, libsensors + kernel rework, daemon issues, needs calibration, light sensors affects proximity sensor...

hmmm yeah... I think is gonna fit perfect in the never-gonna-fix bag lmao still gonna check those sensors you attached, thanks equiliym!

Edit:

No source? :c you're an evil person

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

dont have source, i used it from um.. shuaidi 2.2 prebuilt :( soz

nah no problem :P I'll made a test with those libs as they are, I'll send them via adb or something and see what logcat says regarding amkd2

Guest GuyOverThere

Tested the sensors from 2.2 rom and it doesn't even move the compass :( although I've this all over the place in logcat:

I/Compass ( 1338): Compass onCreate

I/Compass ( 1338): Current Device: mooncake

I/Compass ( 1338): Current SDK: 10

D/dalvikvm( 1338): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 165K, 49% free 2784K/5447K, external 0K/0K, paused 112ms

I/Compass ( 1338): Upgrading Preferences from version 0 to version 3001005.

I/Compass ( 1338): Current Country Code: US

D/dalvikvm( 1338): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 222K, 49% free 2867K/5575K, external 219K/514K, paused 50ms

D/dalvikvm( 1338): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 15K, 49% free 2853K/5575K, external 903K/1073K, paused 148ms

I/Compass ( 1338): Display Buffer Enabled: true

I/Compass ( 1338): Registering Orientation Listener

I/Compass ( 1338): Registering Magnetic Field Listener

I/Compass ( 1338): Requesting GPS Location Updates

I/Compass ( 1338): Adding GPS Status Listener

I/Compass ( 1338): Requesting Network Location Updates

I/Compass ( 1338): Starting AsyncGeocoder thread.

I/Compass ( 1338): Geolocation Status: GPS Provider Enabled = true; Network Provider Enabled = false; GPS Listener Enabled = true;

Also, no calls what so ever to akmd2 so who knows... I also tested renaming sensors.default.so to sensors.mooncake.so and nothing, same thing.

And with the compiled libsensors the only abnormal thing I see with logcat is that /dev/taos doesn't exists D: which is correct, it's nowhere in /dev, not really sure why neither but it isn't created. However, even if it was is possible that it will fail since it uses TAOS_IOCTL and that isn't enabled on the kernel (at least on deadlink's, with vamshi's the compass is also shifted but I can't get a cat from vamshi's kernel config so I don't know if it has taos_ioctl enabled or not.)

Guest equiliym

told you so.. not compatible sadly.. 2.3 was differently coded + modded = cm7

as for taos, i really dunno, never really messed with kernel about that, not to mention libsensors, never tried to edit those.. as deadlink said, maybe something wrong but rom booted xD

Guest GuyOverThere

I've kind of messed with the kernel regarding taos but is a no go, it's defined by drivers/i2c/chips/taos.c and I can compile it but I haven't been able to make a kernel that boots :( (talking about 2.6.32.9 here... with deadlink sources + his config... does compile and doesn't boot!!!) so yeah... never gonna fix bag still the better candidate xD

I guess one could modify somehow libsensors, perhaps abs_x, abs_y or something to compensate for the shift but I don't have the slightless idea how to do that :P

Anyway, only four things are left if I'm ever gonna be able to release update roms for racer owners:

1) I can compile a rom that boots and works fine (with the compass issue of course) but I can't change the kernel!!! it only boots with the kernel used during cyanogen brunch O: if I change it (with flashable deadlink or vamshi kernel) netconnector complains about dsnproxy bla bla bla and hangs the boot. I think this the reason to use netd prebuilt? although dnsproxy is an init.rc setting... I'll check that anyway because is the only thing I can think right now

2) I'm not sure how to make a rom thats support gen1/gen2 phones beyond selecting the correct kernel, base address install and I think libs?

3) I can only make cyanogen barebone kang xD no idea about modding frameworks, UIs and the like :P although haven't really research much about it.

4) I'm very much a noob so I can kill your phone (not that I would want to, is just.. s*** happens during builds xD)

Edit:// grammar, typos, etc..

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest GuyOverThere

I believe so unless I'm missunderstanding the .mk files :P

include $(call all-named-subdir-makefiles, recovery libaudio...

or isn't this what you mean?

Also, regarding recovery, I changed the recovery_kernel (since it was for blade) for recovery_kernel_gen1 (renamed to recover_kernel) from sebastian404 repo :| don't know what's the effect of that to be honest, it was at first just for testing and then it just stuck :-\

Edit://

hmmm this also made me ask, is this the latest recovery repo or are you using a different one?

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

hmmm this also made me ask, is this the latest recovery repo or are you using a different one?

nope, thats for 4014 i think the latest recovery comes from cm git, should be 6.0.1.x or something.. my last build was 6.0.1.0 and i couldnt mount usb, error with ums lun file

Guest GuyOverThere

nope, thats for 4014 i think the latest recovery comes from cm git, should be 6.0.1.x or something.. my last build was 6.0.1.0 and i couldnt mount usb, error with ums lun file

oh crap... xD

So "recovery" isn't needed in the Android.mk of the mooncake files? or is there a way to tell the .mk to compile cm recovery instead of the one in device/zte/mooncake/recovery ?

Edited by GuyOverThere

Guest equiliym

oh crap... xD

So "recovery" isn't needed in the Android.mk of the mooncake files? or is there a way to tell the .mk to compile cm recovery instead of the one in device/zte/mooncake/recovery ?

im not really sure sorry, i just googled how to compile cwm from source and followed it, found it somewhere on xda.. dont have link now since its in my linux box bookmarks and im on windows now

Guest GuyOverThere

im not really sure sorry, i just googled how to compile cwm from source and followed it, found it somewhere on xda.. dont have link now since its in my linux box bookmarks and im on windows now

No biggie, I think I found one that would help me, is from kush so I hope it works :| however, if I do it wrong, could I mess up my current install of cwm? If I understand correctly, I can test with the cmwrecovery.zip without messing up my current recovery right?

Guest equiliym

No biggie, I think I found one that would help me, is from kush so I hope it works :| however, if I do it wrong, could I mess up my current install of cwm? If I understand correctly, I can test with the cmwrecovery.zip without messing up my current recovery right?

that thing dates from 2 years ago.. just download sebastians mooncake files for recovery and fork cwm from cm repo, make edits and build.. as for testing, i just flash it on phone, works, nice, doesnt work, flash old and build again