What about Jelly Bean on Skate???

Guest whashnez

Guest razzmataz1478

It's booted but TS doesn't work - as before when on ICS. Stay tuned for progress.

Will you github your changes soon please? :)

Edit: creating the branch might help first llol :P

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest iReece

@lalit

you may want to create a progress thread so you don't get half a million pm's + loads of other threads getting clogged up my people asking for updates on your progress...

People should know better than to ask for an eta.

But the way, got an info?

;)

(sarcasm, before anybody jumps on my throat)

Guest tilal6991

@Raz

None of the changes I made to compile are to do with the device config lol.

As for progress - consider this the progress thread lol.

TS now works - working on the upside down display.

Guest iReece

@Raz

Any idea of a first release? Or is there too much to fix yet?

Guest Mtman1

Any idea of a first release? Or is there too much to fix yet?

I think that people would like the screen to be the right way round first ;)

Guest Josh92

I'm still tuned,what now? :)

Stay as you are?` Make a cup of tea maybe? Who knows how long it'll be before we have anything, could be days or even weeks. Tilal's said he'll update us when he has someone worth saying.

Guest banemitre66

Stay as you are?` Make a cup of tea maybe? Who knows how long it'll be before we have anything, could be days or even weeks. Tilal's said he'll update us when he has someone worth saying.

Let say that tea is a beer and I'm in. :D

Guest Josh92

Let say that tea is a beer and I'm in. :D

Fair enough! XD Can't wait for JB, just being able to delete emails from notification tray is enough of a deal for me the amount of times I open the app just to do that. Yet alone everything else.

Guest banemitre66

Fair enough! XD Can't wait for JB, just being able to delete emails from notification tray is enough of a deal for me the amount of times I open the app just to do that. Yet alone everything else.

I agree,but don't know about u but if I wouldn't fallow up so many posts here on modaco I probably wouldn't need it,lol.

Guest Josh92

I agree,but don't know about u but if I wouldn't fallow up so many posts here on modaco I probably wouldn't need it,lol.

lol I don't follow anything on here via email. ;)

Guest razzmataz1478

@Raz

:P

Guest omegavesko

Woo. Weird though, the Skate always seemed to have a problem with the display being upside down. Both on stock and CFX, ddms shows the screen upside down.

Guest hugobosslives

Woo. Weird though, the Skate always seemed to have a problem with the display being upside down. Both on stock and CFX, ddms shows the screen upside down.

yer in a lot of zte phones the screen is mounted upside down by the factory. the manufacturer can easily flip it via software.

Guest iReece

yer in a lot of zte phones the screen is mounted upside down by the factory. the manufacturer can easily flip it via software.

Why. Just because they're Chinese and such... :/

Anyway, can't WAIT for jelly bean, looking forward to notifications, project butter etc.

But, I've been wondering, since we're armv6, and the phones designed for jelly bean is above armv6, I suppose most of the features will only work best with that as well... But, we will see.

Guest hugobosslives

Anyway, can't WAIT for jelly bean, looking forward to notifications, project butter etc.

But, I've been wondering, since we're armv6, and the phones designed for jelly bean is above armv6, I suppose most of the features will only work best with that as well... But, we will see.

bit racist mate.....

nah think its to do with manufacturing costs and such. and the design of the phone. i.e connections at one end etc

Guest iReece

bit racist mate.....

nah think its to do with manufacturing costs and such. and the design of the phone. i.e connections at one end etc

Lolwut, I'm tots racist now ;)

Well, I don't see how putting the screen upside down saves on manufacturing costs -.-' it's just a damned display...

Guest omegavesko

Well, most phones designed for ICS aren't ARMv6 either, but we still have a fully functional cm9.

Guest iReece

Well, most phones designed for ICS aren't ARMv6 either, but we still have a fully functional cm9.

Well. Define 'fully functioning'

Because, the only reason that was smooth was because it came with full hw acceleration, I believe. Which is a good thing :)

This one comes with loads of new features. Let's see if we can get them all (minus face unlock, Obvs.)

Guest zukriaksah

@Raz

Is this related to one of the common line in build.prop for skate:

ro.sf.hwrotation=180

Can we fix that upside down problem using this line?