What about Jelly Bean on Skate???

Guest whashnez

Guest chrisbrew

Can't believe how impatient some people are! Let the man do his work and we will be rewarded with a superb OS on this budget phone. It will happen!

Guest iReece

Can't believe how impatient some people are! Let the man do his work and we will be rewarded with a superb OS on this budget phone. It will happen!

Not impatient. Just wondering if it could be done :)

Guest chrisbrew

Tilal! Pay no attention to the questions. Make your work more quietly. You can find us here.

Couldn't agree more. Edited by chrisbrew

Guest ukgnome

I would suggest that people do a bit if homework.I didn't start posting until I thought I could bring something to this party. Tilal has already stated that even an old Droid can be made to run newer versions.I think it's kinda funny that people are pushing for Justin bieber when most stock phones of this price are still gingerbread.

Are we nearly there yet? No kids, keep looking out the window. Peace to all my Droid brethren!

Guest dandare75

Yeah... lets relax... How many official JB are out there right now?... Lets be serious!! Who ever thought that their ZTE SKATE was even going to have the chance of running ICS??

Chill out friends...

Guest sui785
Yeah... lets relax... How many official JB are out there right now?... Lets be serious!! Who ever thought that their ZTE SKATE was even going to have the chance of running ICS??

Chill out friends...

JB for ZTE Crescent is available.

Guest plegdroid

JB for ZTE Crescent is available.

Daz has released for the crescent, but Daz does stress, not to be treated as a daily driver and it won't work as a phone, so can see why tilal hasn't released for the skate, as usable function is still not working :)

Guest bycrash

Hello Tilal. Look at this page http://maclaw.pl/?p=172 (main maclaw.pl). Them devs try to write own OMX IL drivers (or part) for armv6 (QDSP5) chips and they have some progress. For example they have big achievements in camera progress. May be you can get them source and merge it with your own for ours devices?

Edited by bycrash

Guest bycrash

if i not mistake OMX is API which defines a standardized media components including camera, multimedia layout and etc. if i not mistake the big problem for now (ICS, JB) - software rendering, decoding and other operation instead of gpu acceleration. This guys solve (or not) one part of problem for camera... may be they will write codec for multimedia )

PS sorry for english

Guest tilal6991

With camera at least there is some sort of code from Google.

With the OMX there is NO precedent for it all. Very tricky to write code completely from scratch.

Guest JetKun

Dammit :( there's never going to be project butter because of driver problems right? Qualcomm fault, right??

Edited by JetKun

Guest Josh92

Dammit :( there's never going to be project butter because of driver problems right? Qualcomm fault, right??

Tilal said it's not working at the moment but it's very possible it could work, don't think it's effected in the same way as the issues caused by Qualcomms drivers (or lack of).

Guest creedence

With the OMX there is NO precedent for it all. Very tricky to write code completely from scratch.

Damn it! This is really bad. Just keep calm.

Guest plegdroid

even if jb never comes ,we've still got cm9, which iam still really happy with, embrace what we've got, if jb happens, bonus :D

Guest sasa_gm

Sure, but like my friend said, JB is a perfect ICS. So, not having it on our phones would be a big disappointment

Edited by sasa_gm

Guest iReece

Sure, but like my friend said, JB is a perfect ICS. So, not having it on our phones would be a big disappointment

But then ICS is a perfect gingerbread.

And gingerbread is a perfect froyo.

And froyo is a perefect (whatevercamebeforethisbuticannotremember)

Guest Redstarr1

Keep it together guys :), what tilal says here:

refers to the hardware acceleration problems that also exist on ICS, like laggy HQ Youtube. Right now JB runs poorly on ALL Quallcomm devices, so that includes phones like the HTC One S that are sure to get an official upgrade (or any other phone using a Snapdragon S4 like the LTE versions of SGSIII and HTC One X). When the official upgrades for those phones are released, those drivers could help. Or maybe one of the devs for those devices figures it out by then. Tilal states a few pages back that he's quite confident that Butter will run on the Skate.

It's way too soon to blame Quallcomm for a lack of drivers. The Google devices that already got JB running have a Tegra 3 (Nexus 7), TI Omap something (Galaxy Nexus), Hummingbird (Nexus S) and Tegra 2 chip. None of those have a Quallcomm soc. That's why JB is already working on Tegra 3 based phones, the drivers were already made by Google.

But then ICS is a perfect gingerbread.

And gingerbread is a perfect froyo.

And froyo is a perefect (whatevercamebeforethisbuticannotremember)

Eclair came before froyo, but it wasn't out for very long, back then every few months a new Android version was released. ICS is so different from GB because Google took their time. Your comparison that GB is a perfected Froyo is right, you can barely see the difference, but it's clear by the look of it that ICS is a new chapter in Android-history. JB is more like a new page in that chapter.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest droidbittin

Yea thanks for CM9 its the perfect ICS if i get JB it would be a bonus, iam thinking of buying an ZTE Skate Acqua later anyways, wonder if those cames with JB when they are released?