HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest FrankieADZ

It wouldn't surprise me, they certainly seem more interested in the OTA updates.

well at least it if they do crack it they means it gives people the option to try the Official release without the fear or being "locked in" :)

always better imo to have too much choice than none at all ;)

Guest wrtease

thanks for the link got it.so whats the way to do it .got sdk .what about from the begining .whats first then second .i will learn my mistakes from others .please

Guest rafaelkaiz

rafaelkaiz: i am sick too :-) but sorry, i cannot help you, because i now cannot try make upgrade again. Did you try my file with B926 and upgrade from menu? SDcard update?

Just a bit: i upgrade from original China Unicom ROM B892 from here: http://boorow.com/Re...– Firmware List

Update failed, hyper-sh.. phone :S

Guest rafaelkaiz

Update failed, hyper-sh.. phone :S

It's amazing:

My version: B895 (Whether you install a ROM B892, leaves no update)

ICS version: B926

DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Guest anything-but

Easy answer is that if you can't make sense,stick with what you know. Atomicmod is more than sufficant for the G300. :)

Guest anything-but

Drop me a pm m8 with yr msn/mail addy wrtease. I'll help you out when I'm Home later.

Edited by anything-but

Guest moo0

hey,

i'm new here, sorry for my noobish questions :) it's my first android phone.

I updatet from B888 to B926, is it correct that there are no google apps included or is there someting wrong with my update? (maybe that wasn't the smartest idea since i have no clue what i'm doing)

I tried to install the Google Apps (like framework, gmail, playstore etc.) from sd-card,

most of the installations failed exept gmail and playstore but they won't work either. Gmail crashes after 2 sec and playsore just says "server error".

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english

moo0

Guest Simon O

hey,

i'm new here, sorry for my noobish questions :) it's my first android phone.

I updatet from B888 to B926, is it correct that there are no google apps included or is there someting wrong with my update? (maybe that wasn't the smartest idea since i have no clue what i'm doing)

I tried to install the Google Apps (like framework, gmail, playstore etc.) from sd-card,

most of the installations failed exept gmail and playstore but they won't work either. Gmail crashes after 2 sec and playsore just says "server error".

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english

moo0

How exactly did you try to install Google Apps? Did you open the apps from the SD to install them? As that is wrong. What you need to do is unlock the bootloader then install a custom recovery image, then flash a gapps package such as the one for Cyanogenmod 9. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Latest_Version/Google_Apps

Guest djuroue

I flashed this Chinese ICS, and i am amazed how it is fast! Dont have time for rooting, unlocking bootloader etc right now ... It works twice as fast as this CM9 beta on the forum!

Guest FrankieADZ

Hmmm...so on that note then, someone translate that bootloader and root stuff into more simple methods please ;) lol

Guest FrankieADZ

Does anyone know when official vodafone(eu) ics will be released?

could be any time now, dunno they said Q3....i thought maybe later this month

Guest LMariachi

I tried USB copying, and it is very fast. On that CM9 version, it was way too slow !

Djuroue from what version to what version did you updated? B888 --> B892?

(Tried Force Updating by VolUp+VolDown+Power Button reverting B895 to B888: Update failed. :( )

Edited by LMariachi