HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest Dazzozo

The vendor update doesn't contain much itself. I think it tells the updater to extract a little more from the dload update.

Guest FrankieADZ

The vendor update doesn't contain much itself. I think it tells the updater to extract a little more from the dload update.

does it have a different boot image?*if you install the Vendor update.

Guest Pondlife

Ok can definitely say vendor files are not a good thing, Lots and lots of apps

And it didn't remove the initial boot logo either for that matter. And the second one it adds has a nice musical accompaniment.

Has a better notification pull down at least.

Edited by Pondlife

Guest PeaceMaker_H

How do we get rid of the 4 way lock screen back to a basic swipe to unlock on this?

Just deactivate the huawei apk.. you can do it trough the original app manager..

You will get the ICS lock screen but you can´t change the shortcuts :S

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest PeaceMaker_H

What`s the filename i`m looking for? I`m in titanium backup and not sure if i have the correct one.

My phone is in Portuguese so it should be something like " 2D unlocker" has a green lock icon

Guest droiddruid

I deleted PotterUnlock.apk thinking my lockscreen would revert to default android version. Instead I don't have any lock screen just an immediate prompt for pin. Thoughts anyone?

Guest Dazzozo

Right, seeing how much this has come up:

Changing lock screen shortcuts is a CM9 addition.

Some of you need to brush up on your custom ROM knowledge. :P

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Right, seeing how much this has come up:

Changing lock screen shortcuts is a CM9 addition.

Some of you need to brush up on your custom ROM knowledge. :P

And now Stock huawei does it too on ICS... ^_^

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I deleted PotterUnlock.apk thinking my lockscreen would revert to default android version. Instead I don't have any lock screen just an immediate prompt for pin. Thoughts anyone?

Don´t delete it, just freeze it or deactivate trough stock app manager

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Oh, I thought we were referring to AOSP.

that I didn´t know.. since I only tried CM9, I tough changing the lock sceen shortcuts was a general option in ICS..

But it´s very nice implemented in CM9, seems completely stock

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest Dazzozo

that I didn´t know.. since I only tried CM9, I tough changing the lock sceen shortcuts was a general option in ICS..

But it´s very nice implemented in CM9, seems completely stock

They're trying to stick to Google's design specification and I think they're doing it pretty well.

Guest tillaz

try rebooting and wiping dalvik cache,

if that dose not work try changing this in the build.prop

ro.config.hw_lockscreen=true
[/CODE] to
[CODE]
ro.config.hw_lockscreen=false

Guest droiddruid

Still the same. Perhaps its working as intended because when I look at lock screen settings I see

*None

*2D Unlock (I put this back in)

*Pattern

*Pin (Currently selected)

*Password

I just thought I would end up with some slide to unlock affair which didn't happen.

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Still the same. Perhaps its working as intended because when I look at lock screen settings I see

*None

*2D Unlock (I put this back in)

*Pattern

*Pin (Currently selected)

*Password

I just thought I would end up with some slide to unlock affair which didn't happen.

That´s normal,

But when you freeze the lockscreen apk, you will get the original ICS unlocker...

not the slide to unlock, that´s gingerbread stuff ;)

Guest Hpez

How do we get rid of the 4 way lock screen back to a basic swipe to unlock on this?

The easiest way to disable the 4 way lock screen is to go to Settings > Apps > All and click on 2d unlock then just press the disable button. This turns it off and gives you the default ICS lockscreen - no need for freezing or uninstalling.

Guest Hpez

been looking at the apps in my rebuild of the ics rom...

what's the point in the HwWiFiHotspot.apk? this is built into android by default :huh:

anyone want to test this boot.img, iv enabled init.d support

http://www.solidfile...m/d/d66ad6f02b/

revert mod

http://www.solidfile...m/d/f47ca398d2/

I'll give it a go for you in a few mins, just making a nandroid.

Edit: boot.img flashed fine via TWRP and the system has booted up as normal. Anything you need my to test while I have it flashed?

Edited by Hpez

Guest Asghar_UK

Can anyone please uploaded a copy of stk.apk from the rom. I can no longer get a data connection only wifi. Can' remember if it was straight after deleting that file or not.

Going into access point names in system settings causes an error and force closes do I cannot add a new apn

Guest Hpez

Can anyone please uploaded a copy of stk.apk from the rom. I can no longer get a data connection only wifi. Can' remember if it was straight after deleting that file or not.

Going into access point names in system settings causes an error and force closes do I cannot add a new apn

Here you go, mate.

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/H3F4S0C6J8