HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, guys, don't use this update.app, and don't use that restore method. There's too much uncertainty at the moment and it all seems very scarily catered towards the Chinese U8818. Wait it out, there will be a better solution.

Guest Left_hand

Yeah, guys, don't use this update.app, and don't use that restore method. There's too much uncertainty at the moment and it all seems very scarily catered towards the Chinese U8818. Wait it out, there will be a better solution.

Dazzozo,the solution will be ? What about CM9? Edited by Left_hand

Guest Dazzozo

Dazzozo,the solution will be ?

there will be a better solution.

will be a better solution.

I am not going to predict the future.

Edit: What about CM9?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

what do you mean what about CM9?

He edited his post saying that, I'm not sure what he meant by it. CM9 will get updates based on this ICS release, I don't know what more there is for me to say.

Edit: most of these updates are taking place on my personal GitHub. I will pull them to ICS4G300 if all is well.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Left_hand

He edited his post saying that, I'm not sure what he meant by it. CM9 will get updates based on this ICS release, I don't know what more there is for me to say.

sorry for my English,I mean is the B926 helpful for the ICS that you release?

Guest Dazzozo

sorry for my English,I mean is the B926 helpful for the ICS that you release?

Yes. I advise people do not upgrade to B926 directly, though. I'm taking appropriate bits out of B926 for CM9 purposes.

Guest Left_hand

Yes. I advise people do not upgrade to B926 directly, though. I'm taking appropriate bits out of B926 for CM9 purposes.

nice work!! hope you will success soon~~

Guest Dazzozo

Oh wow, the Huawei launcher isn't bad in B926. It's pretty much the stock ICS one with theming and app drawer rearranging. Seems a little quicker too.

Guest Dazzozo

I could try and merge B926 and CM9 so it is B926 software (launcher, lockscreen, etc.) but runs like CM9, if anyone's interested. It would be a way to see what B926 looks like without permanently transforming your device. :P

Guest runlevel5

I could try and merge B926 and CM9 so it is B926 software (launcher, lockscreen, etc.) but runs like CM9, if anyone's interested. It would be a way to see what B926 looks like without permanently transforming your device. :P

I would be interested. Many thanks for your continued efforts.

Guest Left_hand

wow,could you release it?

Guest Dazzozo

I'm trying to simplify the build process a little bit first. At the moment we have to make some hacks to the CM source which isn't pleasant.

Guest Rico_89

As I understand it, this is the 'official' ICS update for the chinese market. However, there are no google apps etc because it is for the chinese market. There will be an official ICS update for the UK at some stage in the near (hopefully) future but this will probably also have a locked bootloader.

So basically, DON'T install this update yet because you won't be able to go back. If you want to improve your phone now then I would recommend installing Pauls modified B888 rom which will improve the touchscreen and capacitive button responsiveness, get rid of the Vodafone bloateware and just make the phone slicker.

Then, wait until we have a fully working ICS release that can be installed through CWM without a locked bootloader etc.

Thanks for the reply.

I was planning on rooting my phone but only after I installed the official UK ICS, but your advice seems more flexible seeing as I'll have more control over my phone.

Thx again.

Guest weckl

There is Doc document inside. Here's the google translation of the instruction DOC file:

Official Unicom version tutorial brush Overseas Edition recovery [not perfect]

Yesterday IMEI file sharing by the Friends of the machine, not tested due to travel back test a bit, even successful brush back to the official China Unicom version

The method is not possession, share

(1) recovery of the first screen

The first download [Xiao Feng of the ROM forum machine lovers say only in the ROM of Xiao Feng can modify the first screen.

Portal: [Xiao Feng] a pure speed of U8818 bones package 5.13 officially released ~

Following Unicom screen file to download:

Hidden in this post

oemlogo.zip (12.26 KB, Downloads: 25)

You must extract

Xiao Feng's ROM (U8818-Bones-5.13.zip) open with 7z or RAR

Turn into \ U8818-Bones-5.13.zip \ cust \ unicom \ cn \ logo \

Xiao Feng Unicom, the first screen file into the ROM

Well, turn off Xiao Feng ROM, Xiao Feng of the ROM on the SD card, go to Brush, Brush into the system to reboot, can already see the first screen of the Unicom version

(2) backup IMEI

The installation 5irom toolbox, open back up after the machine IMEI back up into the SD card using RE 5irom this folder into the folder named imeibackup copied to another location (or connected to the computer, imeibackup folder copied to the computer) PS: is not perfect is this one, because the phone has been brush Overseas Edition, with overseas information has been backed up IMEI

(3) to restore the Friends of the machine to share and not to brush the overseas edition of the IMEI spare parts

Download:

Hidden in this post

5irom.zip (6.08 MB, Downloads: 60)

(Provided by the Friends of the machine stone 0413)

IMEI spare parts file sharing by extracting Friends of the machine, enter the 5irom \ imeibackup \ directory. To 5.img, 10.img 11.img three files, copied to the SD card root directory 5irom \ imeibackup \ overwrite the original with 5irom toolbox backup imei file, and then open 5irom toolbox, choose to restore the IMEI After the restore is complete, well, you can shut down to brush the official firmware.

(4) recover their machine IMEI

The official China Unicom firmware version is now brush on, the tragedy is IMEI lost.

Brush in G major REC, then ROOT

Install 5irom toolbox into the RE File Manager, locate your backup to another location in the second step of imeiback \ 10.img this 10.img copied to the SD card root directory 5irom \ imeiback \ under, open 5irom toolbox Select IMEI restore, restart the phone. Well, the IMEI of the machine has been restored. But not perfect * # * # 2846579 # * # * restore the information back to the U8815

5 This approach is able to brush Unicom version of the official, the official new firmware, we need to scratch to do it again. Look forward to master the perfect solution