HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest andy.hyde4

Why doesn't everyone just wait like a week till the devs have decided what to do and then let them give you a rom that doesn't lock your bootloader!!

Guest djuroue

Dazzozo has a perfectly usable CM9 rom out. No camera or Bluetooth but its OK for a daily user.

You are right. I use his ICS, and it works very good! As you say, no bt or camera, but everything else what i use everyday, works! And battery can last up to 3 days !! :)

Guest michal.siman

Hi michal,

what languages included in this ROM (more specifically arabic) ? am like you not bothered about installing custom ROMs so the only question I have would be..

If I install this ROM will I be able to install the official UK version from Huawei (my guess would be yes as it's from Huawei but just wanted to check) :)

Guest wrtease

hi michal have you ever used odin3 its the software samsung use for mobiles and tablets it might help you to get back to stock roms .anyway does the camera work okay in your ics and camcorder.

Guest wrtease

not tried but have had a couple of tablets and both used simular software and i could change the images and stuff.the n7000 uses odin to update the firmweare so maybe this could help change the way to go back to stock.

post-833729-0-79223900-1341258454_thumb.

Edited by wrtease

Guest wrtease

okay i would like to do as youve done then i will try my best to do what i can i dont mind as bought mine out of cash gen very cheaply so its a play toy for me .can you help.

Guest michal.siman

I have one problem with my rooted B926 - i have setup some music from SD card as ringtone, and after connect SD card as USB flash and unconnect from the computer, all ringtones is on default. Phone dont remember setup ringtone after SD card connect to computer. I thik it is some small think, around access right. Any idea please?

Guest runlevel5

create a folder called dload on the root of your sdcard, copy the update.app file into the dload folder.

power off

power on again holding BOTH volume up and volume down keys.

it will update automatically.

you're done.

Guest runlevel5

think Michal used the unofficial, the official one uses same method of flashing ics, however, afaik, nobody has yet flashed the official and reported here. I'd also avoid flashing the update.app in the vendor folder on the official as I suspect you will end up with unicom bloat..

Guest wrtease

okay will do the offical one .and report back. tried the offical it fails .will try michal s one now

Edited by wrtease

Guest runlevel5

I do too, just the locked bootloader is putting me off. at least it's rootable so that's a start. went through the locked bootloader thing on my wildfire, luckily the unrevoked team managed an S-OFF exploit at beta so happy days. would be interested in your benchmark results when you've had a good look around.

Guest wrtease

well testing camera and works and camcorder.potable wifi tethering working.wifi okay.it s even got a app installer so going for it.more to follow impressed so far

Guest runlevel5

michal explains a few posts back how to root and gapps. I imagine it's the same for the official. afaik, the script for unpacking the update.app is the only one in the public domain.a repacking script may exist but isn't public yet...