Bootloader Unlock for ICS 4.0.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest Jekle

Guest FrankieADZ

yes, if you update your baseband (flash official ics update) you should use the ril from the ics update on cm9.

ril is found in the lib folder of a rom.zip

Ah

thanks for that :D

dont think we'll be able to go bk down to gingerbread then?so update to ICS then say flash ur ROM if u dont get on with it?

* oh ok be nice if someone could confirm whether or not it would work :wacko:

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest anything-but

Gapps flashed fine via cwm. Google account setup and just installing my fav apps. Nice job in finding that info jekle. :)

Guest Hpez

Bah, I bit the bullet. Update installed, rooted, bootloader unlocked and re-flashed TeamWin recovery. I've booted in to ICS once and all looks good - currently making a nandroid before I start pulling unwanted stuff out.

Woot!

Guest Jekle

Gapps flashed fine via cwm. Google account setup and just installing my fav apps. Nice job in finding that info jekle. :)

:P

Guest popetole

woooo cwm if you could you do a recovery for those who have problems because of the 2.3.6 version B895 error Update Failed ics oficial

Guest rafaelkaiz

woooo cwm if you could you do a recovery for those who have problems because of the 2.3.6 version B895 error Update Failed ics oficial

good idea!

Guest anything-but

But you have to update to 926 to update your baseband,so flashing a cwm recovery wouldn`t help. :( *i think*.

Guest naghtan

clockworkmod recoveryclockworkmod recoveryclockworkmod recoveryclockworkmod recovery

OK!

Here's what I did, and what happened...

• Flashed ICS from the official download from the Huawei site (dload dir) - OK!
  • Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
  • Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
  • Verified root - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
  • Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!

That's what I call a success! :)

Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added! :)

P

Which clockworkmod recovery did you installed? I follow your steps... and even if I dont know if the program(unlockbootloader.exe) it is say all it is ok in chinese.. or telling me I'm a mot****ing...

I try to install the recovery but it fails...

any sugestion?

thanks

Guest Hpez

Anyone know if 'fastboot flash splash1 xxx.img' works on a g300? I am loving ICS but would like to change the splash logo from this chinese carrier logo if possible.

Guest popetole

sd/ClockworkMod/beckup (beckup) folder copy it to your computer desktop beckup then compress the folder zipped or rar then you should write in a server to download us, mediafire

Guest pOcHa

For those with B895 that can't upgrade to ICS - I warned you in a couple of topics not to install it, it was just a beta test version and not even a demo - the last stable, stock and official english rom was B894...

Guest Dazzozo

For those with B895 that can't upgrade to ICS - I warned you in a couple of topics not to install it, it was just a beta test version and not even a demo - the last stable, stock and official english rom was B894...

What's the point of this post exactly? You warned, okay, leave it at that.

Guest Simon O

What's the point of this post exactly? You warned, okay, leave it at that.

Because people keep asking how to downgrade?

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I will try to flash it from B894 to see if it works.

(although now I am using CM9 ;), the last official was B894)

Guest popetole

many people did not know about your news but still can with CWM, I later learn of your news

I ask you for the warning

Guest rafaelkaiz

I think I have a problem, a serious problem. I use B895, that means I can never go back to 4.0.3 ICS officer, I'm stuck. (b895, was a beta, which ultimately did not come out!) :o

Guest PeaceMaker_H

I think I have a problem, a serious problem. I use B895, that means I can never go back to 4.0.3 ICS officer, I'm stuck. (b895, was a beta, which ultimately did not come out!) :o

Yes you can... eventually.. !

Think positive, yesterday we had ICS at a palms reach and didn´t upgraded cause of locked BL,

Today it´s solved!, it will be the same for your situation!

Edit: Just confirmed B894 cannot be upgraded also...

Edited by PeaceMaker_H

Guest tillaz

I think I have a problem, a serious problem. I use B895, that means I can never go back to 4.0.3 ICS officer, I'm stuck. (b895, was a beta, which ultimately did not come out!) ohmy.png

have you tried editing the build.prop to say its on b894 or b888... to trick it into the update?

Guest rafaelkaiz

have you tried editing the build.prop to say its on b894 or b888... to trick it into the update?

That does not work, it must be something internal.

I ran the b895 Update.app of 2 weeks, I was wearing a rom any (b888), and will not let me update

Currently and installed a Vodafone UK ROM (b882, without Update.app)

And still no update made ​​me B892 :(