How to recover IMEI number????

Guest Tec_Fil

Guest Tec_Fil

After the upgrade to B926 ICS rom I lost my mount system in the device and i was forced to do a downgrade to stock rom, B882. The downgrade was successfull but i have lost my IMEI number and now I can´t use the device becausa SIM card isn´t recognised.

How can i recover my IMEI number in the device?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

After the upgrade to B926 ICS rom I lost my mount system in the device and i was forced to do a downgrade to stock rom, B882. The downgrade was successfull but i have lost my IMEI number and now I can´t use the device becausa SIM card isn´t recognised.

how did you downgrade? as only release my explaination of chinese method a few minutes ago?

Guest Tec_Fil

isn´t possible create a file with the IMEI number present in the phone documents and save it in the directory of the IMEI file?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I´ve do it by CWM with stock rom B882 from vodafoneUK

So you upgraded to ICS 4.0.3 via official method? then tried to restore a cwm of b882? yes?

do not destroy, mod or edit your cwm backup - if u lose this u will be totally unable to do anything

dont try to mod imei number - Its illegal in uk but also always nearly ends in failure - hence you need a copy of imei backed up before you play!

5iromtoolbox.apk will do this

so if on dialer you type *#06# you get imei 0 correct?

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Hpez

From a thread on XDA:

After so many chinese roms testing my roms making custom roms..installing beta roms...and any kind of rom...i lost my IMEI so after i try everything i send it to service so im without phone and its easter holidays here on greece...You will find many posts here who to backup your IMEI but i will make this one so if a Admin can make it sticky so noone will have any more problems...

Caution if you havent took your IMEI backup do it and keep your backup like a treasure..you can't flash your IMEI if you loose it and you have to go to service to change your board!!

1)Download 5iromtoolbox: http://pikachukaki.googlecode.com/fi...omV1.0.4.2.apk

2)Open the app

3)Press backup IMEI

4)Connect your phone with USB cable and go to your pc

5)Open your sd card through windows explorer or whatever you use

6)Seek the folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/

7)Copy the imeibackup folder to your pc to a folder that you will not by accident format ^_^

8)You are ok...now you can make whatever you like...

To restore your IMEI

1)Take your imeibackup folder from your pc

2)Paste it on your sd card on folder /sdcard/5irom/imeibackup/

3)Open the 5iromtoolbox

4)Press Restore IMEI and restart your phone!!

Just take it..is very important so you will not have to send your phone to service!!H

Hope i help!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1591997

It might be wise to get a sticky up advising people to backup their IMEI before doing anything else. Sadly, a little too late for Tec_Fil. :(

Guest Dazzozo

If you just tried to restore a CWM backup of B882, that's probably just caused by the baseband difference. If you flash B926 again it should be fixed.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

If you just tried to restore a CWM backup of B882, that's probably just caused by the baseband difference. If you flash B926 again it should be fixed.

yes should do but only if you use the official method of chinese ICS via dload folder method DO NOT TRY MY DOWNGRADE METHOD IT WILL kill phone if imei is already zero

Guest Gary_J_Wright

not a downgrade as such but a failed attempt to restore via CWM, hope you fixed it when you updated to ics again?

Guest Tec_Fil

my imei don´t appear. When i use *#06# i just see "IMEI" in the screen.

If i try the update again to the chinese B926 by dload folder i recover my imei?

Guest FrankieADZ

Wow, you are very lucky. Make a backup and then go buy yourself a lottery ticket. :P

yeah...and buy me one too...thats some luck :)

Guest seraphim2017

You do realise that your IMEI number is written on the side of the box and on the phone under the battery don't you? (well, mine was, and has been for every phone I've owned!) Couldn't you just use that to restore it by typing it in somehow?

Edited by seraphim2017