[ROM][ZTE Skate] MoKeeOS v1.10 - CM7.2 - Android 2.3.7 (06/08/2012)

Guest C3C0

Guest Franck Black

Hello Great Ceco, you have some trick to optimize battery??

there a way to take screen and leave 3 only on the desktop?

Thanks

Edited by Franck Black

Guest MrDetonator

Took a look. It's not a good idea to install themes on SD using native a2sd. Simply because they are needed by the system all the time. System tries to unmount SD when you plug enable mass storage but is not able to do it.

ntsenseBattery-1 unmount attempt 1 failed (Device or resource busy)

07-22 06:29:02.130   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process system_server (2103) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.140   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.android.systemui (2189) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.180   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.miui.home (3067) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.180   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.mokeetek.su (3231) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.180   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.gannicus.android.memorycleaner (3241) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process android.process.acore (3263) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.android.settings (3274) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.cyanogenmod.stats (3284) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.google.android.apps.uploader (3303) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process com.android.vending (3319) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

07-22 06:29:02.190   211   241 E ProcessKiller: Process android.process.media (3364) has open file /mnt/asec/com.nhnt11.theme.ntsenseBattery-1/pkg.apk

System in order to turn on mass storage kills essential processes so the SD can be unmounted and thus kills itself.

Keep themes on internal memory or use link2sd or similar way to link them on SD ext partition.

Now it works. Thanks for the advise!

Guest MrDetonator

Not the resolution, the bitrate. The picture quality/sound bitrate is about 40-50% higher from my tests. That doesn't mean 50% better in appearance, but it is better nonetheless.

Possibly, but I heard about resolution 800x600. Can we ask him?

Guest gavin.19

Possibly, but I heard about resolution 800x600. Can we ask him?

I'm sure if you post in the AtomicMod thread then I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Guest donk165

Has anyone had the Chinese pop up ads appearing? They are all advertising games from the play store, ill screenshot one when I next get one

Never had any. Are you using the version from the first post + hotfixes from the second?

What about your installed apps? Are you sure none of them could be causing it?

Guest utternoob

I would say it's ads. Worst culprits are LeTang developers, who put ads in notification draw. It happened to me, so I ignored their apps and It's fine now

Super rom Ceco....Len ak by sa ti dalo v dalsom update by si mohol kus zvysit citlivost mikrofonu ak sa da, lebo ako som dal tuto rom ludia mi zacali hovorit ze ma slabo pocuju....

Hello Great Ceco, you have some trick to optimize battery??

there a way to take screen and leave 3 only on the desktop?

Thanks

To optimize battery general rules apply:

1) Keep you brightness as low as possible (auto brighness is OK in most cases)

2) Use 2G network mode if you don't need 3G strictly

3) Set your wifi to turn off when device in sleep mode (I think it's the default behaviour)

4) Don't install/use apps that are not coded well and prevent the device from entering sleep mode

(use betterbatterystats from XDA forum to track any misbehaving apps)

Homescreens: default launcher settings are quite restricted and it is not possible to change the number of homescreens.

If you need more control over your launcher, install better one from play store. I recommend LauncherPro

Super rom Ceco....Len ak by sa ti dalo v dalsom update by si mohol kus zvysit citlivost mikrofonu ak sa da, lebo ako som dal tuto rom ludia mi zacali hovorit ze ma slabo pocuju....

This is a well known problem of Skate. If dust gets in the mic hole, people start to hear you badly. There is a thread somewhere with guide

on how to clean the mic hole. Try searching for it.

Heads up!

Looks like new version of Mokee is out at mfunz.com !

ZTE V880 v1.10.409 - (07-23)

Can't download :( Looks like it asks for some registration but I am not able to decode the chinese chars :)

Mirror please!

Edited by C3C0

Guest Verhaaltjes

Just another question ... For v0.3 C3C0 made an adapted LatinIME that included Dutch dictionaries. Will this one also work when flashed on v1.10 or do I need a specific one for v1.10? (in the second case ...)

Guest klacirtg

Wow, I am waiting for the good news (and the ROM) excitely :)

Found valid login and password on the net :lol: downloading

20 minutes left

Downloaded :)

First impressions

This looks like a small update with bug fixes and some improvements.

- reboot when sliding to see call log on lockscreen on missed call I fixed previously has been fixed

- lockscreen ring now with nice animation

- lockscreen vibrations removed ( looks like they got ispired by my mod :lol: )

- this one is nice: widgets in status bar now configurable

- better layout of menu items in settings - looks like I don't have to reorganize them anymore, I am quite satisfied with how they are organized by default

- Launcher stayed the same - but I will replace it with launcher pro this time (after bad experience with default one many people have)

- performance: looks to be comparable to previous release

- percentage battery style now works (I don't like it though... Will port the 0.3 one again)

Guest Verhaaltjes

First impressions

This looks like a small update with bug fixes and some improvements.

- reboot when sliding to see call log on lockscreen on missed call I fixed previously has been fixed

- lockscreen ring now with nice animation

- lockscreen vibrations removed ( looks like they got ispired by my mod :lol: )

- this one is nice: widgets in status bar now configurable

- better layout of menu items in settings - looks like I don't have to reorganize them anymore, I am quite satisfied with how they are organized by default

- Launcher stayed the same - but I will replace it with launcher pro this time (after bad experience with default one many people have)

- performance: looks to be comparable to previous release

- percentage battery style now works (I don't like it though... Will port the 0.3 one again)

Sounds quite nice indeed. Will you release it as a hotfix, or will we require a complete new install again with all the wipes?

Guest Verhaaltjes

It will be possible to upgrade I think. But give me some time.

Still lot of work to do (languages, etc)

That would be great. Take your time - v1.10 is running smoothly, so we can wait a while :)