Best keyboard?

Guest stokietom

Guest cashmerecardi

I really love Swype, I think it's fantastic. Very intuitive (for me) and smooth and fast. No lagging here (I'm running Stock+ custom ROM).

I've used Smartkeyboard pro on my last two phones and really like it but since moving to the Nexus 4 I've been using Swiftkey and I think I'll probably stay with it now, the flow can be a bit hit and miss but the word prediction is great.

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm sticking with Swype. Keep trying others, but always come back to it, and the released non-beta is running solid, stable, fast and reliable.

I'm sticking with Swype. Keep trying others, but always come back to it, and the released non-beta is running solid, stable, fast and reliable.

is swype free, looking for fast keyboard, as i find ics stock a bit slow sometimes?

Guest TangerineTractor

is swype free, looking for fast keyboard, as i find ics stock a bit slow sometimes?

No. It's 65p, but there's a free trial. Try going to Google Play and searching - that's what the rest of us do.

No. It's 65p, but there's a free trial. Try going to Google Play and searching - that's what the rest of us do.

will have a look , is there a free alternative?

Guest TangerineTractor

If you want a different app then yes! People are saying which keyboard they prefer. There are many free alternatives, kii is quite good, but the existence of several paid apps would indicate that there is a market for keyboards with added features or functionality. Most have a free trial, or at the very worst you can purchase, and if you don't like within 15 minutes you can get a refund. You certainly make things a hell of a lot more complicated than they need to be.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Rico_89

Anyone know if you can download the keyboard from CM 10 on google play? I'm pretty sure I've seen the same Jellybean keyboard on the play store but I just can't remember what it was called.

As Swype is on offer for 65p I thought I'd give it a try and I must say I really like it. The swiping seems better than on Swiftkey and the word prediction seems just as good. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the keyboard took so much screen space but after a few tweaks of the hybrid settings in PAC I got it sized down a little and it is spot on now. Well worth 65p IMO.

Guest cashmerecardi

I

will have a look , is there a free alternative?

You can download the beta version for free from the Swype website.

That's what I'm running. I have only noticed one bug (swiping comma to spacebar was bringing up .com instead of comma space) and that seems to be ironed out now. I quite like that I'm testing a beta version and it is very stable. Love it.

ETA but for the sake of 65p I would probably have gone with the official release - it wasn't available when I was looking.

Edited by cashmerecardi

Guest TangerineTractor

In the final version you can remove the voice key and there are more themes. Seems smoother and faster too.

• 11 months later...
Guest xhtml

What's the default gingerbread spell checker for the G300?

It displays more than just 3 words (in the line above the keyboard) on an endless horizontal scroll.

I'd like to be able to use it on Kitkat if possible.