[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Hans Gruber

One thing I've noticed with B927 is that with B926 in this location I was getting "HSDPA:11" which I believe was HSPA, with B927 I seem to have "HSDPA:9".

Now this could just be atmospherics not giving me as good service as before, or it could be B927 doesn't support HSUPA? Can anyone with more knowledge on the matter than me comment on this?

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest MickJack

I already supplied my Google Drive download link for the Middle File... I've done the register/login, and uploaded publicly to my Drive!

Thanks Miguel, these posts move so fast, downloaded.

Note of others; Middle file now linked from first post, so many thanks also to rsrocha

still struggling to keep up..........

Edited by MickJack

Guest MiguelPereira

I made some sort of guide on the first post. My english is not 100% but i think the guide gives some help.

As always, rsrocha on top and on time! ;)

Any help with English i'm available...

One thing I've noticed with B927 is that with B926 in this location I was getting "HSDPA:11" which I believe was HSPA, with B927 I seem to have "HSDPA:9".

Now this could just be atmospherics not giving me as good service as before, or it could be B927 doesn't support HSUPA? Can anyone with more knowledge on the matter than me comment on this?

So it is, I have HSDPA 9 also and had 11 on B926.

Edited by Guest

Guest timfimjim

I don't have a microSD card reader, so this is what I'm wondering:

After installing the small UPDATE.APP (the middle one), will I still be able to connect to my computer through CWM to replace the middle file with the proper UPDATE.APP?

Why is everyone getting update failed ? You have all came from B926 same as me right ?

Yep, I'm on B296 and it fails, tried it 3 times (internal and sdcard). Deciding now wether to wait for a flashable zip or try the middle update thing.

Guest rsrocha

Estive a ler os posts no androidpt e parece que está tudo cheio de medo de avançar... LOL

Just to report that i am running this rom from about 10am today and it is working without a hiccup. It is super stable. The problems you may found are apps that you install from google play not compatible with ics.

Guest rsrocha

Yep, I'm on B296 and it fails, tried it 3 times (internal and sdcard). Deciding now wether to wait for a flashable zip or try the middle update thing.

You can flash the "middle" update without problems and then update to B927.

Guest kill-9

Hey,

Just to confirm you that it worked for me to do :

B893 -> B927 with the mid update file.

Really, thanks a lot guys, you made my phonehappy!

Guest kill-9

Hey,

Just to confirm you that it worked for me to do :

B893 -> B927 with the mid update file.

Really, thanks a lot guys, you made my phonehappy!

Guest MiguelPereira

Estive a ler os posts no androidpt e parece que está tudo cheio de medo de avançar... LOL

Just to report that i am running this rom from about 10am today and it is working without a hiccup. It is super stable. The problems you may found are apps that you install from google play not compatible with ics.

"Estive a ler os posts no androidpt e parece que está tudo cheio de medo de avançar... LOL"

Translates like this:

"I've been reading the posts concerning this B927 on a Portuguese Android forum and it seems that everyone's afraid to step foward... LOL"

To be honest rsrocha i'm just trying to figure out if:

• There's an easy downgrade to B888 (from B888 to Portuguese Vodafone B884 it's straight forward) in case we need warranty to be activated.
  • How to i get "potterunlock" or the ics equivalent "2D unlock" (and how to get it) to work on B927

Thanks everyone!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest MiguelPereira

after applying the update, do you need to reinstall all your apps?

As like any other Rom Upgrade.. Yes... either one by one or through Titanium BackUp.

Guest HuaweiAscend

so u had 2 Dload folders on ur SD Card then?

or did u just use the use the middle file Update.app & NOT then update.app that was in the proper dload file

1 folder:

dload - use middle file.

Install, then delete the dload folder.

Copy the other dload folder and copy to SD card, then install.

Guest FrankieADZ

for people who were getting "Update failed"; this is how I've done it:

put the middle file(update.app) into a dload file on the root of ur external SD card along with the vendor file

go to storage then upgrade...upgrade...will then take you back to the same ROM you was on.(was on B888)

then replace the update.app with the update.app from the extracted B926 file you downloaded.

do the upgrade process again.

this worked on mine and it was failing too.

Guest putbinoot

OK Here is what I have done.

I am on B888.

Now lets get a couple of things straight first there are 3 files all called update.app one in a dload folder one in a vendor folder and one in a u8815 middle package folder. All of these update.app files will be put in turn inside a folder named dload on the root of the external sd card, you might even have this folder aready if you do back it up to your pc if you want.

My initial update failed.

1 tuned fast boot of so phone shuts down without pulling battery (at least that's what i think it allows)

2 Connect phone look for dload folder in root of external sd card if there open and delete contents if not create it.

3 get the update.app file that's inside the dload folder on your pc and paste it inside the dload folder on the phone sd card.

4 turn of phone

5 start phone holding volume - and volume + then holder power and update will start this process takes a few minutes be patient.

6 if successful phone will boot with ICS .(i was not see item 10)

7 connect phone to pc open dload folder on sd card and delete contents.

8 go into vendor folder on pc and copy update.app and paste into dload folder on phone sd card.

9 follow same procedure to start that update starting form item 5 this update takes seconds. Phone might reboot or give you a screen with a green tick and ok just pull battery put back in and reboot phone and you are away.

10 update failed on me so I took battery out of phone then put back in turned phone on connected to pc and deleted contents of the dload folder on the sd card.

11 copy update.app from the folder u8815 middle package and paste into the empty dload folder on the phone sd card.

12 turn off phone

13 turn on phone as in step 5 and update will work and takes seconds.(changes the value of internal fairy dust to allow main update to happen)

14 after phone has rebooted connect to pc delete contents of dload folder on sd card.

15 copy update.app from dload folder on pc and paste into empty dload folder on phone sd card.

16 start phone as in step 5 and phone will install update, this process takes a few minutes be patient and reboot fill in your details ie gmail account or what ever and you have ICS if you want vendor stuff then continue you will have to add your details in again after vendor update you could maybe mount the sd card without filling that stuff in to save you doing it twice.

17 turn fast boot off.

18 connect phone to pc open dload folder on phone sd card and delete contents.

19 copy update.app from vendor folder on pc and paste into empty dload folder on phone sd card.

20 start phone as in step 5 phone will update with vendor package you will get a screen with a green tick and OK, pull battery put back in and reboot phone you now have ICS with vendor stuff.

job done.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest Rico_89

Looks like I'm stuck on the Chinese version. The progression bar just keeps stopping. Tried the Middle update app and that also just stops.. arrg. I don't get any Failed notification and all that happens is that the progression bar hangs and I have to pull the battery.

Guest FrankieADZ

i took the plunge and did it...after the fails its working :)

just wondering how do i get the vendor file working?

do i put the update.app from the vendor file into the dload file?

will that do it?

Guest rosco-85

Some people are saying to put vendor it dload folder after doing main update and others are saying put vendor in root of sd along with main update...?

Very confusing!

Guest Hans Gruber

Looks like I'm stuck on the Chinese version. The progression bar just keeps stopping. Tried the Middle update app and that also just stops.. arrg. I don't get any Failed notification and all that happens is that the progression bar hangs and I have to pull the battery.

I was having the same problem and the middle file wasn't working either. To get it to work I had to use the downgrade method of zeroing my IMEI, flashing B927 then restoring the IMEI. You don't actually need to downgrade first, just use that 5irom program to flash the IMEI of "0" (remember to backup your original one first) then flash from there.

Guest Rico_89

I was having the same problem and the middle file wasn't working either. To get it to work I had to use the downgrade method of zeroing my IMEI, flashing B927 then restoring the IMEI. You don't actually need to downgrade first, just use that 5irom program to flash the IMEI of "0" (remember to backup your original one first) then flash from there.

Thanks.. Hmm might have to do that but I really don't want to lol , that downgrade thread scares me :( .