[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Andymac1969

Is there any easy way of getting the APPS that worked in B926 working that no longer work with B927?

Both these APPS worked no problem with B926

Andrew

post-407498-0-76063200-1342443875_thumb.

post-407498-0-32880500-1342443895_thumb.

Guest FrankieADZ

well i just tried that vendor thingy after and it keeps sending me into clockworkmod. :wacko: *where u replace the update.app with the dload file,*

didnt work.

keeps sending me into clockworkMod recovery.

just hope reflashing the B926 works. :(

Thanks.. Hmm might have to do that but I really don't want to lol , that downgrade thread scares me :( .

The only benefit of using the UPDATE.APP method is that it updates the baseband to 2030. If you have B926 installed you already have this baseband, so just sit tight and wait for someone to upload a flashable .zip. Once we have this zip all those on B926 should be able update to B927 via CWM without need of flashing the UPDATE.APP.

Guest punjabi

Just a quick question.... how do we get root working again after this update...?

Could someone please post an easy way to do this...?

(I'm upgrading from B888) :D

Guest HuaweiAscend

Just a quick question.... how do we get root working again after this update...?

Could someone please post an easy way to do this...?

(I'm upgrading from B888) :D

Same way as before, I believe.

Guest FrankieADZ

i've noticed 1 thing about this update. the 1st update I did it has an the word "Android" as its boot logo & was generally like stock update..launcher etc....then on this 2nd update i did it had an the huawei clamshell...and now the launcher is the Huawei UI & now i have the toggles on the notification bar.

Odd :wacko:

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest putbinoot

well i just tried that vendor thingy after and it keeps sending me into clockworkmod. :wacko: *where u replace the update.app with the dload file,*

didnt work.

keeps sending me into clockworkMod recovery.

just hope reflashing the B926 works. :(

did you delete the contents of the dload folder on the sd card after the initial update. You should just delete the contents then past in the update.app file from the vendor folder and do the same restart method you did for the update.

i've noticed 1 thing about this update. the 1st update I did it has an the word "Android" as its boot logo & was generally like stock update..launcher etc....then on this 2nd update i did it had an the huawei clamshell...and now the launcher is the Huawei UI & now i have the toggles on the notification bar.

lol thats what the vendor is for

Guest HuaweiAscend

That's the vendor update.

Guest FrankieADZ

did you delete the contents of the dload folder on the sd card after the initial update. You should just delete the contents then past in the update.app file from the vendor folder and do the same restart method you did for the update.

its fixed now :)

lol thats what the vendor is for

it didnt do it on my first update :lol:

so if u dont want Huawei UI & all that dont install the vendor then.

Also...does your mods work on this ICS?

Guest Hogweed

Is there any easy way of getting the APPS that worked in B926 working that no longer work with B927?

Both these APPS worked no problem with B926

Andrew

On other devices, it has frequently been reported that checking LCD density is 320 (maybe different for the G300? LCD Density is set at 240 in GB ROMs - I haven't tried any ICS updates yet) and/or clearing Google Play data can fix this. Worth a try?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi again!

• Are there any news on on if this B927 retains the "2dUnlock" feature/apk?
  • If not, has anyone managed to get it out of the B926 Rom?
  • Any news/feedback on how to reverse to B888 or Stock B884 for warranty purposes, if needed.

Thanks everyone!

Guest Andymac1969

Hi again!

• Are there any news on on if this B927 retains the "2dUnlock" feature/apk?
  • If not, has anyone managed to get it out of the B926 Rom?
  • Any news/feedback on how to reverse to B888 or Stock B884 for warranty purposes, if needed.

Thanks everyone!

Install the potterunlock.apk that I put in my previous post to you, and low and behold there it is :blink:

post-407498-0-59714900-1342445815_thumb.

Guest Rico_89

The only benefit of using the UPDATE.APP method is that it updates the baseband to 2030. If you have B926 installed you already have this baseband, so just sit tight and wait for someone to upload a flashable .zip. Once we have this zip all those on B926 should be able update to B927 via CWM without need of flashing the UPDATE.APP.

Yeah Think I'll wait as well, IMEI = 0 is just a bit too risky for me.

Guest FrankieADZ

phone doesnt seem to want to download anything when I tried to intall an app from the Play Store on the PC.. :wacko:

*nevermind....silly settings werent set right lol :)

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest MiguelPereira

Install the potterunlock.apk that I put in my previous post to you, and low and behold there it is :blink:

YEAH!!!

Thanks!!!!

I'll upgrade this afternoon...

Anyone knows on how to revert to B888 or Stock Vodafone B884 from this B927. Will it be the IMEI to Zero and Backup it up after?

Guest putbinoot

phone doesnt seem to want to download anything when I tried to intall an app from the Play Store on the PC.. :wacko:

Working fine for me through phone or through pc, have you put apn back in for your network so you have data enabled.

Guest FrankieADZ

Working fine for me through phone or through pc, have you put apn back in for your network so you have data enabled.

google serivces bit was unticked. i didnt do it, so must do it from the start.

Guest Evil Disco Guy

Used the middle file and then installed B927 perfectly fine. Vendor didn't flash first time around so moved the update.app into dload folder. Everything seems good so far, had to use the dictionary fix as with B926 though as everything was underlined red.

Edited by Evil Disco Guy

Guest Gary_J_Wright

the update.app in the u8818 middle package seems to allow downgrading to b882 just testing its installed its if it boots fine.....

Guest rsrocha

the update.app in the u8818 middle package seems to allow downgrading to b882 just testing its installed its if it boots fine.....

Just as i thought... the middle package update.app is bootloader bypass and i was thinking if it allowed to downgrade also. It seems that we have a positive answer.

Guest FrankieADZ

and the imei is all fine?

thats great stuff then :D.

u should do a thread or something as you found this out :)

Nice 1 Gary :D

Guest putbinoot

Is it just me or is the standard camera app now crap, it focuses and just as it takes the photo it seems to jump forward to un focus as it takes picture.