[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest chico2069

@rsrocha

Ó Rocha :) como vais?

Nice to see a fellow PT in these forums :)

Anyways, quick question:

U have tried this new 927, right?

Well, my chinese 926 came with the 3G (HSDPA) connection working out of the box, without needing APN Portugal installed. Can you tell me if, with this new version, is the same?

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Hogweed

After this upgrade everything is fixed with no vodafone bloat my only problem now is everything I write has a red line under it as if I am miss spelling things. Apart from that well happy with this and recon its probably better then the official release as that's probably going to be full of bloat.

Should sort out the red underlines.

Guest Rico_89

To all you guys having problems with the camera, have you tried taping the area to focus? It works a little different to GB now. I actually think it's better than camera360 well in Chinese ICS it was for me anyway.

Guest MiguelPereira

I want so bad to write on huaweis facebook to thank for this "leakage" lol

LOL!

One last question before my upgrade... (damn I'm the perfectionist type!)

How's the Camera (photographs) behaving on this B927? I admit that was pretty good for this type of phone on B888... Would expect, at least, the same on ICS B927...

Thanks!

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest Ellis456q

Any point upgrading from chinese ICS just yet?, I mean ive got the chonese ICS how I want it so far with battery icon mod/new splash screen etc, don't wanna have to re do all that just for a small change if theres any.

Guest kill-9

quick one,

I bought this phone yesterday, has 885.

If I put this ICS update on will it also debrand the phone from voda?

Thanks

Yes, because vodafone branding is included in the firmware. But this will not network unlock your phone btw.

Guest MiguelPereira

Just use lgcamera for taking photos much better app.

I agree on that... but I was curious if Huawei got the job done on this release... :)

Guest Sonny Atwal

Any point upgrading from chinese ICS just yet?, I mean ive got the chonese ICS how I want it so far with battery icon mod/new splash screen etc, don't wanna have to re do all that just for a small change if theres any.

can anyone answer this question with a detailed explanation?

thanks

Guest mr_spatel

Yes, because vodafone branding is included in the firmware. But this will not network unlock your phone btw.

Cool voda software will be gone, ordering unlock code now.

Guest rsrocha

@rsrocha

Ó Rocha :) como vais?

Nice to see a fellow PT in these forums :)

Anyways, quick question:

U have tried this new 927, right?

Well, my chinese 926 came with the 3G (HSDPA) connection working out of the box, without needing APN Portugal installed. Can you tell me if, with this new version, is the same?

Thanks in advance :)

Every rom i tried (B888, B894 and B927) works with 3g apn and mms settings out of the box.

Im using this one since 10 am today and its been great. No slowdowns, no crashes, super stable.

Edited by rsrocha

Guest kill-9

Cool voda software will be gone, ordering unlock code now.

Are you sure that your phone is not already unlocked?

I bought mine from Bouygues telecom, usually selling all their cell phone locked, but mine was unlocked! The seller was quite surprised of this. Check this before ordering a code. :wub: If not, go on ebay, I saw some at 5.5£ (check on this forum)

The stock browser has new feature that was not there in B926, labs switch windows, at least I do not recall seeing it.

Edited by Guest

Guest rsrocha

I agree on that... but I was curious if Huawei got the job done on this release... :)

The camera app is stock ICS. The only thing huawei could have done is to tweak settings in the config files. Have tested the camera and its the same thing as previous versions.

Guest MickJack

Just use lgcamera for taking photos much better app.

I am using lgcamera on 885, was looking to flash AtomicRom until this thread kicked off, looks an easy upgrade for me, but I need the camera to be as good, seen a few disparaging remarks regarding camera in ICS in this thread, I will stick with GB if the camera is better, I will go to ICS if there is only slight differences, I will avoid ICS if the camera is only half sorted, until its OK (not long at this rate).

Edit: warm day yesterday - icecreamsandwch for me, installed 927 no problem (noob here - bet you guessed). Camera is different but not so different, still good and usable, volume control becomes zoom. Slight drop in camcorder settings, see elsewhere, but I can live with that. lgcamera now on ics, looks same as before, settings etc.

Edited by MickJack

Guest MiguelPereira

The camera app is stock ICS. The only thing huawei could have done is to tweak settings in the config files. Have tested the camera and its the same thing as previous versions.

Ok! Great!

Now it's time for:

1. See if my 11 years old boy is bathing correctly after beach (adolescence blues)
  2. Call my 7 years old girl to see how was her afternoon
  3. Change a diaper on my 2 months old.
  4. Walk the dogs.
  5. Prepare kitchen for dinner time
  6. Try not to think on the great :angry: news about my unemployment (hopefully temporary)
  7. Upgrade the Huawei!

If could only upgrade the ROM on this whole country....

:) ONE BIG SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT DEBATE AND HELPFULNESS IN THIS FORUM!!! ^_^

See you all later on!

Guest MickJack

You can always use camera 360 as a replacement, works well.

Sorry to all, i am labouring this point, I also run camera 360 on GB, I am happy with the camera & GB. I have HP Touchpad on ICS but there is no working camera (yet) and I miss the camera............ would love to ICS my G300 and not notice any change in camera functions using lgcamera. perhaps this needs a new thread, but hay yesterday I would not have asked !!

Guest MickJack

If could only upgrade the ROM on this whole country....

:) ONE BIG SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT DEBATE AND HELPFULNESS IN THIS FORUM!!! ^_^

Upgrade ROM for Europe needed :D please........ditto with the special thanks

Guest mr_spatel

Are you sure that your phone is not already unlocked?

I bought mine from Bouygues telecom, usually selling all their cell phone locked, but mine was unlocked! The seller was quite surprised of this. Check this before ordering a code. :wub: If not, go on ebay, I saw some at 5.5£ (check on this forum)

Thanks phone is locked, put an orange sim in there.

Guest rosco-85

Phone is freezing on both middle update and main update! Having to pull battery to start phone back up again. Any suggestions on how to get this installed...?

Guest Rico_89

Phone is freezing on both middle update and main update! Having to pull battery to start phone back up again. Any suggestions on how to get this installed...?

Wait for someone to make CWM install, try Hpez's method here: http://www.modaco.co...7-via-fastboot/ or the very risky downgrade Method that I did but be warned it is terrifying :( .

Edited by Rico_89

Guest rosco-85

Yeah, I'm all up for doing this, but I really want the 'vendor' part of the update as well, since it has the notifiction toggles etc.

Guest 00Mark

but there are 2?

by that i mean C00B926.Part 1 has a Dload & Vendor Files(with Update.app) and C00B926.Part 2 has the same. :wacko:

According to the first post, when they are extracted they should merge. (Use winrar or 7zip or something). Then you will not have duplicates.

Edited by 00Mark