[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Andymac1969

Yes I always change play store as my lcd density is always 208(the lowest you can go on ics without messing up the circle on notification pulldown)

I use lcd density modder pro which downloads a hacked market apk which replicates 240dpi. I have no app incompatibility problems.

Is the Greater Anglia or Virgin Trains app ok for you?

Guest Andymac1969

Could the default density have changed in B927. It is 240 in GB. Could someone with root check what are the values in B826 and B827? Does changing to 240 make a difference if not already 240?

It is set at 240 in B927

Ok it seems there are market problems with B927? I cannot see the two apps above nor can I see for example, es file explorer, even after going back to 240dpi ? The only es visible is 1.5 cupcake :lol: and es was one of the apps that showed incompatible on gingerbread if you changed density, so something going on here.

Edited by Guest

Guest Andymac1969

Ok it seems there are market problems with B927? I cannot see the two apps above nor can I see for example, es file explorer, even after going back to 240dpi ? The only es visible is 1.5 cupcake :lol:

Major problem then :( I have es file explorer installed no problem lol

Edited by Andymac1969

Major problem then :( I have es file explorer installed no problem lol

I can install it from backups, but not visible in market, and I mean not visible even when installed.

Edited by Guest

Guest Hogweed

Maybe, just maybe Google have to throw a switch? Today is probably the first day they have seen G300 (U8815)/ICS/B927 combination hit their servers in any quantity. Perhaps they need to authenticate this possibility? But I'm just guessing here...

One way to test this is for someone to edit build.prop to emulate B926/U8818 and see if that change alone enables the missing apps.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Andymac1969

Maybe, just maybe Google have to throw a switch? Today is probably the first day they have seen G300 (U8815)/ICS/B927 hit their servers in any quantity. Perhaps they need to authenticate? But I'm just guessing at possibilities.

One way to test this is for someone to edit build.prop to emulate B926/U8818 and see if that change alone enables the missing apps.

Done that, failed

Guest HuaweiAscend

I can see it on the market, this is bizarre!!!

Another question - sorry.

Do you have to be rooted to take screenshots?

Guest Andymac1969

Another question - sorry.

Do you have to be rooted to take screenshots?

No, hold volume down key and power at the same time for about 1 second

Guest Sonny Atwal

Any point upgrading from chinese ICS just yet?, I mean ive got the chonese ICS how I want it so far with battery icon mod/new splash screen etc, don't wanna have to re do all that just for a small change if theres any.

can anyone please answer this in detail?

Guest Andymac1969

Maybe, but B926 I will have to head back to if I cannot install those two apps, as it has all my travel tickets on, and I don't want to carry two phones about ^_^

Guest bladebuddy

Can you download the Natwest and Barclays mobile banking apps?

A natwest stock broker apparently is downloading if you mean that one?

Guest HuaweiAscend

A natwest stock broker apparently is downloading if you mean that one?

It's not that one, it's just called Natwest Mobile Banking.

Guest HuaweiAscend

There's clearly an issue between this and B926, in terms of Google Play.

Hopefully someone will either work it out, or find B928!

Guest Rico_89

Is there any other way to get these apps, like just downloading the apk from an alternative site? Or maybe Titanium backup?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest bladebuddy
Is there any other way to get these apps, like just downloading the apk from an alternative site? Or maybe Titanium backup?

Its worth a shot, if you have a backup of your sd card on your pc and the app your after was stored on it you can try copy a paste to sd card and see if it installs. Done this before. All the apps I had on t.b have installed o.k but it does seem like there's some issues.

Edit as fix as been found.

Edited by bladebuddy