[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest Rico_89

Is it possible to edit build.prop without adb, eg using any on-phone tools?

If you're rooted then you can use a file manager that has root access to edit the build.prop, I use "Root Explorer".

Guest feckineejit

Went back to Atomicmod, as i cant get rooted, have no problems rooting atomicmod, and it seems a bit slow scrolling on web pages. Was a few good points to having this rom, but Atomicmod wins for now :)

Guest FrankieADZ

Went back to Atomicmod, as i cant get rooted, have no problems rooting atomicmod, and it seems a bit slow scrolling on web pages. Was a few good points to having this rom, but Atomicmod wins for now :)

did u try the unlockboot.exe that was used to unlock/root B926?

Guest MiguelPereira

Unlockbootloader.exe should be the only way people are rooting, as far as i know the gingerbread root paul made does not work with ics.

Yes... I found out the hard-way!... tried so many times with the other method... would get to CMW but no root whatsoever! :blink:

As I had in B926, my default storage (sd card) self-changes randomly ¬¬

This is my number one pet hate with the ICS ROMs and it really really bugs me :angry: *deep breath*

I am seriously hoping that Tillaz, Paul and Dazzozo will fix this major annoyance in their future releases.

Guest dbbloke

anyone know how to get the dictionary / suggested words working? I tried selecting which options seemed obvious but no lock, seems to put up the strangest suggestions for my typing.

Guest Hogweed

This is my number one pet hate with the ICS ROMs and it really really bugs me :angry: *deep breath*

I am seriously hoping that Tillaz, Paul and Dazzozo will fix this major annoyance in their future releases.

Should be possible to run a script on boot. In GB ROM shell commands

pm getInstallLocation

pm setInstallLocation

will get and set the current default install location. 2 is normally the SD card (and is in G300 GB ROMs).

It may be pm get-install-location (and corresponding set on ICS). Could someone check. I haven't upgraded to ICS yet myself. Just typing the shell command pm should give you the valid options.

Edited by Hogweed

In the screenshot I have changed to external_sd, by default it is set to internal.

post-796032-0-20798800-1342535126_thumb.

Guest luismiyu

In the screenshot I have changed to external_sd, by default it is set to internal.

It doesn't work, just edited and changed on reboot :(

It doesn't work, just edited and changed on reboot :(

I just done a reboot, check the screenshot ;) maybe you did not save before exiting.

post-796032-0-89884900-1342538219_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest luismiyu

I just done a reboot, check the screenshot ;) maybe you did not save before exiting.

I'll retry, but I'm sure I saved :P

EDIT: system/build.prop is saved properly but it doesn't work on reboot.

Edited by luismiyu

Guest Andymac1969

iS B927 faster than B926? key question?

I cannot say I notice any difference, but the main advantage is it's a non Asian ROM, nothing Chinese on it, no bloat ware, just a nice clean ICS ROM

Hmm, still seems to change at random even with that setting changed. Double checked it is set, rebooted a few times and it still gets changed to internal.

Hmm, still seems to change at random even with that setting changed. Double checked it is set, rebooted a few times and it still gets changed to internal.

I rebooted twice and it was still set to external :lol: Oh do you mean it changes in settings, or do you mean the build.prop changes back to internal ? Is this a problem with ics or is it just with our ics I wonder.

Edited by Guest

I mean the settings > Storage > default settings change randomly. The build.prop still stays external_sd but seem to be ignored.

That is where I was confused :lol: I thought what was being said was build.prop changed back. There are a few other build.prop entries related to internal sd card, I will have a play about see if I can get some result.