[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest fr0do
I'm currently on the 888 Rom, I've stick both the dload and vender folders on the root of my external SD card, but...

When i go to Settings/Storage/Software Upgrade, I choose SD Card Upgrade, confirm and then Upgrade, after this the phone just reboots, doesn't try to install anything?

I'm stumped, any ideas what to try next?

You run the upgrade by holding down both volume buttuns whilst powering on.

Guest Ratkat

You run the upgrade by holding down both volume buttuns whilst powering on.

I have tried that, the whole screen just goes a dark pinky colour and nothing happens

Edited by Ratkat

Guest bumps

That means you have not got the correct file structure on the sd card. You need to have dload file with uppdate.app inside in the root of the sd card

Edited by bumps

Guest putbinoot

I'm currently on the 888 Rom, I've stick both the dload and vender folders on the root of my external SD card, but...

When i go to Settings/Storage/Software Upgrade, I choose SD Card Upgrade, confirm and then Upgrade, after this the phone just reboots, doesn't try to install anything?

I'm stumped, any ideas what to try next?

if you had an original dload folder in the root of your card did you delete it before putting this one in if not make sure you only have one and it only has the update.app file in it. You don't need the vendor folder on the sd card it's the contents of the vendor folder you need which is another file called update.app which after you have updated you go back into the dload folder on the card delete the contents then paste in the update.app file that was in the vendor folder and do the update procedure all over again.

If it fails to update the first time, ie stops half way through you need the update.app file that is in the Middle package folder.

full version below

OK Here is what I have done.

I am on B888.

Now lets get a couple of things straight first there are 3 files all called update.app one in a dload folder one in a vendor folder and one in a u8815 middle package folder. All of these update.app files will be put in turn inside a folder named dload on the root of the external sd card, you might even have this folder aready if you do back it up to your pc if you want.

My initial update failed.

1 tuned fast boot off so phone shuts down without pulling battery (at least that's what i think it allows).

2 Connect phone look for dload folder in root of external sd card, if there open and delete contents if not there create dload folder.

3 get the update.app file that's inside the dload folder on your pc and paste it inside the dload folder on the phone sd card.

4 turn of phone

5 start phone holding volume - and volume + then holder power and update will start this process takes a few minutes be patient.

6 if successful phone will boot with ICS .(i was not see item 10)

7 connect phone to pc open dload folder on sd card and delete contents.

8 go into vendor folder on pc and copy update.app and paste into dload folder on phone sd card.

9 follow same procedure to start that update starting form item 5 this update takes seconds. Phone might reboot or give you a screen with a green tick and ok just pull battery put back in and reboot phone and you are away.

10 update failed on me so I took battery out of phone then put back in turned phone on connected to pc and deleted contents of the dload folder on the sd card.

11 copy update.app from the folder u8815 middle package and paste into the empty dload folder on the phone sd card.

12 turn off phone

13 turn on phone as in step 5 and update will work and takes seconds.(changes the value of internal fairy dust to allow main update to happen)

14 after phone has rebooted connect to pc delete contents of dload folder on sd card.

15 copy update.app from dload folder on pc and paste into empty dload folder on phone sd card.

16 start phone as in step 5 and phone will install update, this process takes a few minutes be patient and skip through the sign up stuff and you have ICS, if you want vendor stuff then continue.

17 turn fast boot off.

18 connect phone to pc open dload folder on phone sd card and delete contents.

19 copy update.app from vendor folder on pc and paste into empty dload folder on phone sd card.

20 start phone as in step 5 phone will update with vendor package you will get a screen with a green tick and OK, pull battery put back in and reboot phone you now have ICS with vendor stuff.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest Ratkat

That means you have not got the correct file structure on the sd card. You need to have dload file with uppdate.app inside in the root of the sd card

It is in the Root, have just wiped the SD card and just put dload folder in it, same result, reboots phone when you try to update or pink screen if you do hold volume buttons and power up.

Guest putbinoot

It is in the Root, have just wiped the SD card and just put dload folder in it, same result, reboots phone when you try to update or pink screen if you do hold volume buttons and power up.

if you are on 888 you have to do the middle file update.app first read post above. Start at item 10. Edited by putbinoot

Guest Ratkat

if you are on 888 you have to do the middle file update.app first read post above.

I've tried that already with the same result, I'm wondering it it had anything to to the with Paul O'briens Super Recovery? do I need a different recovery on it ?

I am assuming that if I'm on the modaco B888, then the boot loader is unlocked?

Guest fr0do

No this is a new baseband.

My money is on you not having the files extracted to the right place. Sorry.

Edited by fr0do

Guest Ratkat

Pink screen = a mistake/error, maybe the files are corrupt if you are certain they are in right place.

Ok, I removed my SD Card and put the update on the internal SD, instead. Updated straight away with no errors.

So must have been an issue with my SD card.

Thanks for your help guys

I'm a newbie and still on B886/un-rooted. I want to upgrade to ICS/B927 but reading through some of the problems people have had I'm reluctant to move. Has anyone else up upgraded from B886? and used the in built Huawei 'All Backup'. I'd appreciate details of experiences people have had.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, it has helped me make up my mind. My phone is stable on B886, apart from not being able to download protected (paid for) apps from Google Play, a problem which others have when on 'non-official' ROM’s. I’m going to wait a bit longer to see if a cleaner "official" non-Vodofone version comes out.

Edited by Guest

Guest rosco-85

If you're talking about using the Huawei 'All Backup' to restore your Contacts, Texts etc. Then I did that when I went from B888 (GB) to B926 (ICS) and it worked just fine for me. However, I had to use the 'App Installer' to re-install all my Apps, as the Huawei backup did not like the change of O.S.

People on here will probably tell you that it's better to use Titanium Backup instead, but I can't say cause I've not tried this App yet...

Edited by rosco-85

Guest rosco-85

I'd have thought so, Most folk have managed to come from B885/B888 without encountering many issues.

I myself have encountered problems though, but I was coming from B926 (Chinese ICS).

Just make sure you read through this topic from start to finish so get you get a good idea of what you need to do.

Either that or you can wait for the Vodafone version, which is due very soon. Although I imagine that'll be full of Vodafone Bloatware.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/huawei-g300-updating-to-ics-after-long-test-says-vodafone-50008642/

Guest paulus22

Clearly the answer appears to be YES. However, then you have to reinstall the apps - and the Market does not recognise this phone, so possible problems there without further mods to the phone. Then you have a dictionary problem which highlights virtually every word - again fixed by further modding. All problems have a solution - but maybe not for the noob! Maybe a cleaner "official" version (not Vodaphone) may be out soon - so weigh up if you want to wait a little first.

Guest paulus22

Don't forget Vodaphones 3 month exclusive is now up! So this phone may now be offered to any carrier and may be made available branding free and unlocked. In which case that is the ROM we really want. 927 just appears too buggy.

Guest MiguelPereira

Don't forget Vodaphones 3 month exclusive is now up! So this phone may now be offered to any carrier and may be made available branding free and unlocked. In which case that is the ROM we really want. 927 just appears too buggy.

I guess in a couple of weeks we'll get that "perfect" ICS Unbranded Rom (hopefully with Play Store and Camcorder video resolution issues solved).

Honestly I've stepped down to B888 again.

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest dragpyre

I guess in a couple of weeks we'll get that "perfect" ICS Unbranded Rom (hopefully with Play Store and Camcorder video resolution issues solved).

Honestly I've stepped down to B888 again.

Clearly the answer appears to be YES. However, then you have to reinstall the apps - and the Market does not recognise this phone, so possible problems there without further mods to the phone. Then you have a dictionary problem which highlights virtually every word - again fixed by further modding. All problems have a solution - but maybe not for the noob! Maybe a cleaner "official" version (not Vodaphone) may be out soon - so weigh up if you want to wait a little first.

What are you lot on about?

Screenshot_2012_07_18_11_35_51.pngScreenshot_2012_07_18_11_36_08.png

Edited by dragpyre

Guest Sonny Atwal

there is a solution for every problem and now all of these solutions have been made extremely simple one click versions. meaning any noob should be able to do them.

although i do not know why anyone would upgrade to B927 from B926 especially when they already have B926 set up with all the fixes.

I am personally now waiting for ICS Atmoic Mod by Tillaz, which should be released very soon by the looks of things and should be compatible with both B926 and B927, therefore I have no reason to go to B927.

In fact downgrading is harder to do than all of these fixes

Guest Rico_89

although i do not know why anyone would upgrade to B927 from B926 especially when they already have B926 set up with all the fixes.

A few reasons; The new boot animation is really cool ;) , all Google apps pre installed and no bloatware so it feels more complete IMO. However for me it's the fact that it's the latest one out and if something can be installed then I want to know how to do it. If you're going to start down the road of installing roms then you might as well install anything that interests you as long as it won't lock up your system or harm it in anyway.

Guest dragpyre

there is a solution for every problem and now all of these solutions have been made extremely simple one click versions. meaning any noob should be able to do them.

I am personally now waiting for ICS Atmoic Mod by Tillaz, which should be released very soon by the looks of things and should be compatible with both B926 and B927, therefore I have no reason to go to B927.

In fact downgrading is harder to do than all of these fixes

The only fix I've had to apply is the dictionary fix, I've encountered no bugs, Google Play works and picks up my phone model, videos and camera shots work, live wallpapers work, the UI is smooth and looks good.

I don't see how everyone has encountered problems with all the ROMs that have come out. I have had zero issues ever, aside from the dictionary on B927

Guest HuaweiAscend

What are you lot on about?

Screenshot_2012_07_18_11_35_51.pngScreenshot_2012_07_18_11_36_08.png

Download:

ITV Player

Natwest Mobile Banking

Barclays Mobile Banking

Barclays Pingit

You'll find they're not visible on the Play store in this build.

Guest dragpyre

Download:

ITV Player

Natwest Mobile Banking

Barclays Mobile Banking

Barclays Pingit

You'll find they're not visible on the Play store in this build.

Screenshot_2012_07_18_12_36_57.png

Do I have to install the rest?