[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest dragpyre

Nope.... unlockbootloader.exe just starts, and when I click root it sais no device found....

Tried also on W7-64bit and XP same problem...

So maybe it is not OS problem....

Also tried with G300_Handset_WinDriver, no luck either.....

You need to go to (on your G300) settings, developer options, enable USB debugging.

I made exactly the same mistake.

Guest zex_rad

Just managed to ROOT... YEEEEE

For some reason I was trying to use UNLOCKBOOTLOADER while in bootloader mode....

For all Noobs like ME, when applying unlockbootloader .... DO NOT!!! Put your device in bootloader mode

Just turn ON phone regularly connect it to USB....

If using W7 you might need driver, If in DevManager you get yellow triangle, just use G300_Handset_WinDriver http://flibblesan.co...t_WinDriver.exe

Edited by zex_rad

Guest kyan31

Hi, I loaded this rom yesterday. Everything seems to be ok though Titanium backup wouldn't load my apps & data. I have noticed that the calendar isn't working correctly. At first when I went into setting it kept crashing. Now if I set a reminder it doesn't work. Anyone else experience this. Thanks.

In settings, you need to go to storage, and then set default storage to SD card. After this, titanium backup will see all your apps. I am not sure about your calender issue though.

Guest jgbyr

In settings, you need to go to storage, and then set default storage to SD card. After this, titanium backup will see all your apps. I am not sure about your calender issue though.

Thanks, got titanium backup working. Still cannot get the calendar working though.

Guest kashmiri

Reporting that I just upgraded from B892 (latest official Vodaphone UK) to B927 ICS. The phone was brand new, nearly out of the box - Vodafone online shop + SIM unlock off eBay. Note the phone upgraded automatically to B892 when started for the first time.

The process went extremely smoothly:

1. Installed the middle package;
  2. Rooted the phone using Paul's method (http://www.modaco.co...s-mac-and-linux) - Windows 7 installs all drivers automatically so no problems here;
  3. Backed IMEI using 5irom;
  4. Installed B927 from CD card (using Settings -> Storage -> Upgrade).

Installation took some 4-5 minutes, no errors whatsoever. Phone wiped data and cache partitions and looked as if restarting a few times on the first boot. But IMEI was preserved - no need to restore :)

The system now seems to be working absolutely smoothly: the awful low volume bug disappeared with the update, and the Vodafone stock facebook app no longer freezes. Also, this package includes perhaps every single language that Android has been translated into - stark contrast to the 5 or 6 languages of the Vodafone firmware.

On the downside - as with all ICS releases - the Contacts app no longer syncs facebook contacts. Will try HaxSync. UPDATE: both HaxSync and Facebook Contact Sync do the job.

Still, everything else works fine, interface seems sleeker, touch buttons are finally more sensitive now - and I am very glad I decided to upgrade. Thanks folks for all the testing and instructions here, you are incredible!

Edited by kashmiri

Guest schkinx

Thought i'd live dangerously :P

so i just upgraded from B892 , did a complete wipe first , copied to sd card , installed by way of volume up + volume down + power .

so far so good , IMEI remained intact .. now lets see what the little fella can do :)

Guest kashmiri

Help!!!! ........I tried both ways and it doesnt work...any other solutions?

could you be slightly more specific?

Edited by kashmiri

Guest mack_

could you be slightly more specific?

I tried the original update.app and the middle package... to no avail...just stopped about 1/3 way through

Guest rsrocha

For a more smoother experience concerning battery and memory, be sure from time to time close unused apps: keep pressing the home button and the swipe to any side the apps you dont use.

Guest rsrocha

And please be sure to install the vendor update after the main one. This ics rom was designed to work with the vendor update installed as any other rom from huawei.

Guest droiddruid

I find ICS running fine without having installed the vendor update. What improvements can I expect, were I to install the vendor update over stock ICS?

Guest kashmiri

I tried the original update.app and the middle package... to no avail...just stopped about 1/3 way through

• update.app from the "middle package" has to go first: put it in the dload folder on the microSD card and then start the phone with volume up + volume down pressed. System should execute the update automatically without prompting. At least mine did (was rooted but this might not have played a role).
  • you can follow the same procedure with the main update.app. Else, you can run it through Settings -> Storage menu.

At what stage do you encounter a problem?

Guest mack_
  • update.app from the "middle package" has to go first: put it in the dload folder on the microSD card and then start the phone with volume up + volume down pressed. System should execute the update automatically without prompting. At least mine did (was rooted but this might not have played a role).
  • you can follow the same procedure with the main update.app. Else, you can run it through Settings -> Storage menu.

At what stage do you encounter a problem?

Thanks anyway ...i flashed the zip file for B927 and everything is fine now

Guest PACOSH

If you are using ICS you should be able to take a screenshot without using any app - by pressing Vol. down and the Power button at the same time and hold them for 1-2 seconds....doesnt work for me with b927.. anyone can confirm this?

Guest kashmiri

If you are using ICS you should be able to take a screenshot without using any app - by pressing Vol. down and the Power button at the same time and hold them for 1-2 seconds....doesnt work for me with b927.. anyone can confirm this?

Works here with B927 without problems (thanks for letting me know about the feature anyway).

Guest Colossae3.23

Would be good to make this thread sticky. Any idea how?

I think only the moderators can do that. I guess email one of them to ask? I think awarner might be a good one to start with.

Guest GaryM30

When someone here gets hired by Huawei they'll let you know. ;)

It's not as if it's irreversible, though.

We will take that as a "Don't Know" then shall we.

'cos I was just thinking the exact same thing, and rather hoped one of the more experienced modders would know the answer.