[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

just adding the toolbox.apk would enable them,

its the code huawei have added to systemUI.apk to show toolbox.apk that's a problem for me,

removing it is rather hard in .smali formate lol

Yeah I know it is not a matter of adding toolbox :lol: I just thought you could use this build as your base, and thought as they are enabled it would make for easier hacking for you, but then they are not configurable so you probably have no use for them.

@dazzozo, I was on B926 and upgraded no problem, was you also on B926 ?

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Yeah I know it is not a matter of adding toolbox laugh.png I just thought you could use this build as your base, and thought as they are enabled it would make for easier hacking for you, but then they are not configurable so you probably have no use for them.

yeah, im not a fan of those widgets, lol there not even in the right place... there in the notification part :huh:

Guest tillaz

Just after I switch ROM, it's fine if I do it on B927 itself.

have you checked permissions for

system / bin / logcat

in the new rom ?

yeah, im not a fan of those widgets, lol there not even in the right place... there in the notification part :huh:

Yeah I noticed that, cannot do nothing right can they, oh and what a suprise, turn to landscape and they go supersize, did not even bother to fix that.

Guest Dazzozo

have you checked permissions for

system / bin / logcat

in the new rom ?

Yep, it's /dev/log still missing that's the issue I think.

Guest MiguelPereira

Is it failing due to bootloader version check Andy? this bootloader version number may not be. in the list as it doesn't officially exist yet on the u8815 so its looking for an older version bootloader, sees you have the latest bootloader already so sees no need to update.

Hi again!

After seeing this post/question I went back to the page where rsrocha found the Rom originally.

There it says:

Note: If the upgrade process to run a screen and then press the 'Update failure', now calm. Download the file attached to this article on 'U8815 package.zip middle', unzip, copy the file 'UPDATE.APP' folder 'dload' on the memory card (note that there is only one file 'UPDATE.APP' only offline). Then proceed to machine finish update this file. Once completed, then back in Step 3 is OK to continue performing.

Is this Middle Package some sort of "update.app" that paves the way to avoid bootloader check errors, making it possible to upgrade after without any problems/issues?

Anyone tried it yet?

Guest FrankieADZ

Wont this affect the ICS ROMS currently in production?

Like yours Tillaz?

and Paul's Ir1

as they use B926

*If you install this 1 and not B926?

Guest fr0do
@ Jikobutsu, how did you install this? I have been through the settings> software> update, but the pink bar gets 1/3 way across then just stops

Andrew

Aren't you supposed to do this booting with both volume keys pressed??

Guest tillaz

Wont this affect the ICS ROMS currently in production?

Like yours Tillaz?

and Paul's Ir1

as they use B926

*If you install this 1 and not B926?

no, its exactly the same apart from apps

Guest FrankieADZ

Aren't you supposed to do this booting with both volume keys pressed??

also...which file do u download?

i see 2 of them C00B927.Part 1 and C00b927. part 2

Guest tillaz

also...which file do u download?

i see 2 of them C00B927.Part 1 and C00b927. part 2

both, then double click part 1 to extract them as a whole archive

Guest anything-but

Blimey,looks like i missed all the fun last night! So,does the rom contain all the google stuff or is that on the vendor folder?

Guest Andymac1969

Blimey,looks like i missed all the fun last night! So,does the rom contain all the google stuff or is that on the vendor folder?

All the Google Apps are included in the ROM

Guest Hans Gruber

I'm updating from 926 and my pink bar seems to have stalled at 9mm (yes I have a ruler out! :P ). Is pulling the battery going to brick it?

Guest FrankieADZ

both, then double click part 1 to extract them as a whole archive

but there are 2?

by that i mean C00B926.Part 1 has a Dload & Vendor Files(with Update.app) and C00B926.Part 2 has the same. :wacko:

Guest anything-but

I'm updating from 926 and my pink bar seems to have stalled at 9mm (yes I have a ruler out! :P ). Is pulling the battery going to brick it?

Just tried mine and it did the same,pulled the battery and just booted back into 926 fine. Will have to try again tonight as work calls!

Guest tillaz

but there are 2?

by that i mean C00B926.Part 1 has a Dload & Vendor Files(with Update.app) and C00B926.Part 2 has the same. wacko.png

they are the same files, its just that the archive has been split into two parts (normally because of upload size limits)

you cant extract part1 without part2, what you see inside them are the same thing

Guest Hans Gruber

Just tried mine and it did the same,pulled the battery and just booted back into 926 fine. Will have to try again tonight as work calls!

I've just tried twice more an every time it stops at the same place. Maybe it will need a downgrade before working.

OK tried downgrading to b885 first, then flashing but it's still stalling at 9mm. Can't like my phone for some reason.

What firmwares are people successfully upgrading to b927 from?

Edited by Hans Gruber