[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest domenico lamberti

looking forward to the next update, ive installed every update seeing as i cant use my SF2 as a daily driver anyway, so stability doesnt bother me

Guest Dazzozo

Right, as much as I'd like to keep things "pure", it's just not going to work on the ZTE devices. The internal storage is just too low, so future builds will be my "own special blend", if you will, of ColdFusionX and CyanogenMod 10.

CFX is basically something that has been worked on for a little while now by tilal6991, and it used to be the distribution of CM9 for the ZTE Skate and Blade. With CM's recent announcement that it's not supporting the MSM7227 SoC, its goal has shifted towards providing support for the ZTE devices.

With this, the device repo structure has changed, including the addition of an msm7x27-common repo for the common shared components in the Crescent and Skate. The device repos under the ColdFusionX organisation account only contain the device specific things.

As for the changes I'm personally going to be making to it, there's a couple of things I'm going to be removing, and a few things I'm going to be adding back in that are removed from CFX itself.

Hopefully it should result in some more user-friendly and ideal builds for you guys where you don't have to play around with the zip to get something usable.

I'll start building them in a mo, got some changes to push for the Crescent first.

Guest domenico lamberti

looking forward to the new build, shame about CM dropping MSM7227 but, realisticly, it is an ancient chipset that should have died out a while ago,but hey im surprised you've gotten this far ( no ffence) and that it's still this awesome

Guest Rattonboy

I have a weird issue i flashed gapps but i can't see the play store but it is installed but i can't seem to see it in app drawer or in "manage apps".

Guest welshrage

got some weird s*** going on wi my phone... happened on cm9 and still same on cm10... music,video and picture files wont show up in corresponding apps like apollo (or any other music app),or gallery ... yet they are visible on file expert and file manager and every other file explorer app and even when connected via pc... have tried renaming folders,even moving files around in folders... have tried unmounting sd card,leaving out overnight and then remounting it and it still the same.... any ideas???

Guest Degurney

got some weird s*** going on wi my phone... happened on cm9 and still same on cm10... music,video and picture files wont show up in corresponding apps like apollo (or any other music app),or gallery ... yet they are visible on file expert and file manager and every other file explorer app and even when connected via pc... have tried renaming folders,even moving files around in folders... have tried unmounting sd card,leaving out overnight and then remounting it and it still the same.... any ideas???

Do you have any .nomedia files in the directories?? Check the dirs where the music etc aren't showing up..

Guest Dazzozo

Right, sorry about that, I had my head stuck up some horrible RIL issue for another device and was determined to do nothing but fix that until I fixed it.

Back to some long overdue builds. :P

Guest welshrage

nah mate i've checked all directories and there aint no .nomedia files anywhere... i've tried formatting my sd card but that aint even helped... man this got me pickled

Guest cartwheelbob

Right, sorry about that, I had my head stuck up some horrible RIL issue for another device and was determined to do nothing but fix that until I fixed it.

Back to some long overdue builds. :P

Good man. We all itching for the next build ;)

Guest madjandle

First off, thanks for the fantastic work youve done making this ROM!!

Sorry if this a stupid question, still very new to the whole situation on installing ROMs.

I have installed google play store as it wasnt in the app package of the ROM, but the app fails to load, it starts but vanishes immediately afterwards.

Shows as running in the app manager, but fails to work.

Is there something Im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance....

Edited by madjandle

Guest AmbushReality
First off, thanks for the fantastic work youve done making this ROM!!

Sorry if this a stupid question, still very new to the whole situation on installing ROMs.

I have installed google play store as it wasnt in the app package of the ROM, but the app fails to load, it starts but vanishes immediately afterwards.

Shows as running in the app manager, but fails to work.

Is there something Im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance....

This will probably be due to the large size of the ROM, try uninstalling some system apps

Guest madjandle

This will probably be due to the large size of the ROM, try uninstalling some system apps

Thanks for the advice Ambush.

I am unable to uninstall any of the system apps, I only have the option to force stop or clear data.

what is the easiest and best way to install to the phone from windows?, im not sure if what I managed has worked very well.

Guest MadEye Moody

No one seems to read the OP

THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO WON'T WHINE ABOUT BROKEN FUNCTIONALITY AND CAN USE ADB.

@madjandle

use adb shell and go to /system/app/

use rm command to remove some apk files

Guest chris231

probably find your system partition is too small. Do you know what size it is?

If it is too small, then either flash a TPT with a larger size, or mod the rom zip file, by removeing some of the stuff you don't use.

Has been discussed earlier in this thread.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm about to unlock my phone so I may test out CM10 tonight.

Does the camera work?

Not with the stock camera app. A workaround currently is to use something like CameraICS.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I use CameraICS as my default anyway. I'll download the ROM now and I'll check it out. Is it suitable for daily use? (Calls, texts, social networking, camera and WIFI) And does the MXPlayer work around for watching recorded videos work on CM10?

Sorry for the questions

Guest Dazzozo

A lot has changed since the current build.

I'd say it's suitable, though I don't class camera as daily use. I really wouldn't count on camera (and Camera ICS) for this build, it's only just beginning to be looked at.

This update was mostly centered around display.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Ah okay thanks, I'll stick to CM9 until the camera is suitable for daily use. Thanks for the reply and good luck with the roms