[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

Synced with repos. I get that we don't need these 2 hacks

Fix bionic  -  Before line 138 add "#undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX" in bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h

Disable fraunhofer AAC  -  Edit both frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacenc/Android.mk and frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec/Android.mk, comment out AAC_LIBRARY = fraunhofer (with #)
But do we still need this?
Disable srec UNIX stuff  -  Delete external/srec/audio/AudioIn/UNIX/src/Android.mk[/code]

Guest Rattonboy

I don't think cachesdreset moves any app to sd-ext. It just moves (actually removes the original and on reboot is created in sd-ext) the dalvik cache.

I wrote that and it moved all my apps to the sd partition, i don't recall doing anything else for them to move.

Guest Dazzozo

Synced with repos. I get that we don't need these 2 hacks

Fix bionic  -  Before line 138 add "#undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX" in bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h
Disable fraunhofer AAC - Edit both frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacenc/Android.mk and frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec/Android.mk, comment out AAC_LIBRARY = fraunhofer (with #)[/CODE] But do we still need this?
[CODE]Disable srec UNIX stuff - Delete external/srec/audio/AudioIn/UNIX/src/Android.mk

I'm not building from the CM manifest anymore, so I'm not sure.

Guest MadEye Moody

is there an alternative way?

Edit : It compiles ok, copying to phone now

Edit2 : Won't boot. deleting UNIX/src/Android.mk. compiling again

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest the_crevis

with the latest build has anyone else got problems with the video playback e.g. no video but there is sound. Want to know if its just me.

Yeah I have :/

Guest Dazzozo

Is this like an addition to cm repos or should i start the download from scratch?

You can probably switch the manifest to the CFX one, most of the repos are still sourced from CM.

There's probably a better way to do it but I just edited something in the .repo folder.

Guest MadEye Moody

You can probably switch the manifest to the CFX one, most of the repos are still sourced from CM.

There's probably a better way to do it but I just edited something in the .repo folder.

eh.... need a little more help. should i edit the whole .repo/manifest.xml and remove local_manifest.xml, or remove everything from local_manifest.xml and add CFX?

Guest tilal6991

Right

cd .repo/manifests

git remote set-url origin git://github.com/ColdFusionX/android.git

git reset --hard origin/jellybean

cd ../../

repo sync -j16

Guest MadEye Moody

Right

cd .repo/manifests

cd ../../

repo sync -j16

thanks

Edit : Are the changes in project kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27(remove -Werror \) and arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade2_p736e_defconfig(CONFIG_KSM=y) required or should i do git checkout on that as well?

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

thanks

Edit : Are the changes in project kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27(remove -Werror \) and arch/arm/configs/cyanogen_blade2_p736e_defconfig(CONFIG_KSM=y) required or should i do git checkout on that as well?

If you've switched to the CFX kernel that's not necessary. The kernel there requires no edits.

Guest robt77

I was under the impression that the camera works in this with external apps. However the phone reboots when I try to open Camera ICS.

Camera 360 works with this Rom

Guest razzmataz1478
Right

cd .repo/manifests

cd ../../

repo sync -j16

And this is the easy way to change projects in default.xml without editing manually?

Guest rymate1234

DT A2SD appears to be working for me. Just the zip from the cm thread.

It does? Last time I tried it, I got a segmentation fault or something!

Guest MadEye Moody

It does? Last time I tried it, I got a segmentation fault or something!

it seg faults because the installation of the scripts is incomplete. free up some space in /system and flash a2sd again