[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest cartwheelbob

How do you free space in system ? I never understood how to do this.

There are various ways. Via terminal emulator or via few different apps with root access. I prefer root uninstaller

Guest surfungus

Hi guys, just tried this rom, great work as always daz!

Tried first with official gaps then a2sd (chris's 220mb partition) and it didnt work. Like Madeye says it seems to have run out of room...

Reflashed using Psych's (cheers dude) trimmed gapps and all seems good!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

3 is down so I'm bored and want to kill some time so I'm going to flash CM10.

Just wondering how you guys get A2SD and the camera to work? It'd nice to know in advance so I save myself some time. I tried looking through the thread but everything seems to be 1 step forward then 2 steps back.

Thanks.

Guest robt77

To get a2sd to work, I flashed the ROM and gapps, delete some of the apks to free some space and then flash the a2sd scripts. In the terminal use command a2sd reinstall and that should be it. Be warned it does reboot phone. I installed camera 360 and it works OK. Though I am sure I saw some people couldn't get it to work

Guest robt77

Does A2SDGUI not work on this ROM yet? I've been using that ever since I flashed my OSF2.

Unfortunately the GUI does not work. Someone said links2sd work but I tried it before and everything started to crash. If you are just moving user apps to the SD partition the terminal command is not to bad.

Guest robt77

Aye but make sure you have deleted some apks first otherwise it won't work. After I had flashed the ROM and gapps I had less than 1 meg free and even though the scripts flashed it didn't actually work

Edited by robt77

Guest cartwheelbob

Aight thank you.

I'll flash the scripts then type 'a2sdreinstall' in the terminal command that should do the job?

u need

'su' then 'a2sd reinstall' as terminal emulator requires superuser access

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Yeah I guessed. It worked but only had 65mb of internal. Not enough for me unfortunately. Flashed back to CM7 for time being.

Thanks.

Guest Liamness

Why would you need any more than that if everything's installed to the SD card?

I just tried installing Mass Effect: Infiltrator (yeah I know, runs like a dog on the phone, so fairly pointless but I like having it), and it says 'could not install on USB or SD card' or something like that. This is after I've installed a2sd, and changed the default install location to the internal memory via adb. Hmm. This happens if I'm reinstalling from a backup, or downloading it from the play store. Hmm.

Guest MadEye Moody

Why would you need any more than that if everything's installed to the SD card?

I just tried installing Mass Effect: Infiltrator (yeah I know, runs like a dog on the phone, so fairly pointless but I like having it), and it says 'could not install on USB or SD card' or something like that. This is after I've installed a2sd, and changed the default install location to the internal memory via adb. Hmm. This happens if I'm reinstalling from a backup, or downloading it from the play store. Hmm.

I think Daz mentioned that he has found what the problem was and has fixed it, but that was after the last release, so lets hope that would be included in the next one. :wub:

Guest Liamness

Oh, I didn't know that was related to the play store! Odd, seeing as I have other paid apps installed... very glad to hear a fix is on the way though.

Bluetooth audio isn't working. I can pair with bluetooth devices, but seemingly no audio is sent. Music just pauses for a sec, then continues to play through the phone's speakers. Anyone else have the same issue?

Guest Frankish

Roms running great only issue so far is button backlights only seem to work on auto brightness. They work at first on manual but then fail and require a reboot. Same issue as on cm9 :-)

Guest Liamness

That's... really strange... I'll look in to it.

Ta, I'll try it with my only other bluetooth device and see if it's just a weird issue with my car.

Guest MadEye Moody

Ta, I'll try it with my only other bluetooth device and see if it's just a weird issue with my car.

Its the same with my Nokia BH-505 stereo BT. It connects and when I open Apollo, it crashes. If I open MX Player and play video, the sound comes through loud speaker. Haven't tried with calls/

Guest Liamness

Just tried it with the belkin receiver I use with my hi-fi to listen to podcasts. It also pairs, but the phone just plays the audio through its speakers. Bluetooth seems to largely work though, sending files from my laptop works, and as I said pairing isn't an issue either.

Guest MadEye Moody

Any having issues with turning off the GPS. The GPS won't turn off, the option works, but there is still the GPS icon in the status bar and also in the notification area, it still says "Location set by GPS"