[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest BLu3HaZe

It breaks the signature and CWM refuses to flash it in my experience. You can give it a try if you don't like fastboot? I've heard you need a "zip signer" to make flashable zips, never made one myself though.

Guest Rattonboy

Personnaly I used a TPT with 200 user 220 system 20 cache and only 178 are used on system so you can use a TPT with 200 system 220 user...

I've had a tpt with system 220 data 200 cache 20 but i had very little room how did you get that amount of space used in system as i used to have only 2mb free and i deleted loads of system apps.

Guest plewis1981

Hi Guy's I had a major system crash the other day. I had flashed CM10 and all was running perfectly until I got the notification my battery had reached 14% when my phone went dead, when I tried pressing the power button the phone just vibrated reapetedly. So I tried plugging in the charger to see if that was the issue but still no joy, so I then tried plugging it into my laptop, the red lED came on so I left it for a wile and eventually managed to reboot, so I booted to recovery and reflashed CM9 and now have no problem booting :)

I was speaking to a colleague about this and he said he had heard that the JB s/code was having issues with battery's.

Does this sound plausible and if so could this potentially damage my phone as I really want to be running CM10 but don't want to brick myphone.

Any input or advice would be very much appreciated.

Guest soulasass1n

nah thats not a software issue as ive had the same issue with ICS. if you try to power on and the phone just vibrates repeatedly it means the phone has insufficient battery to trigger a bootup

Guest OuahOuah

How do you calibrate battery ?

Another question : when I was with stock/FNC, in gmail app, clicking on a wav/mp3 attach file on email bring up the audio player but now, it says "no app for this type of file" (french sentence so I translate by myself, I don't know the english message)...

How can I associate audio files to, I don"t know, MXPlayer or Appolo ?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

CM10 updated again...

20120904:
  • Browser: fix force close when using the text selector in text fields
  • Fix random system reboot issues caused by the frameworks
  • Calculate the correct height of notification status bar height for tablets
  • Fix battery percentage in notification bar for tablets
  • Fix force close in launcher when rotating

[Source : RootzWiki]

I have an error too, I use SlideIt keyboard and it keeps going back to the default keyboard after restarting. It's great to be able to use my paid apps tho!

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Liamness

Warning- the alarm doesn't seem to work! Doesn't make any sound, only vibrates. So don't rely on this to get you out of bed! Not a complaint, after all you shouldn't 'rely' on a test build to do anything.

Also, I'm finding battery life pretty bad on this build. After calibration, I left the device in my bag at 31 percent, then a few hours later it was dead, despite doing nothing in the meantime. Going back to CM9 for now.

Guest plewis1981

Alarm is working fine for me Liamness are you using an .MP3 or .ogg tone as I use .MP3 but I can't use .MP3 as a notification as when I try to select it there is no around the same happens when I receive a text the phone just vibrates, but it dose work when I receive an email.

Still a GRATE ROM though thanks Diaz.

Guest windy_miller

got some weird s*** going on wi my phone... happened on cm9 and still same on cm10... music,video and picture files wont show up in corresponding apps like apollo (or any other music app),or gallery ... yet they are visible on file expert and file manager and every other file explorer app and even when connected via pc... have tried renaming folders,even moving files around in folders... have tried unmounting sd card,leaving out overnight and then remounting it and it still the same.... any ideas???

I had the same problem with Fish and Chips recently. No music would appear, no matter where I put it.

In the end I fixed it by going to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Media Storage->Clear Data then reboot. Once its rebooted, you may notice that Gallery and Music are completely empty, but give it a few minutes and everything should re-appear (though I make no guarantee, so do so at your own risk).

Also, this was on a Gingerbread ROM, so may not be applicable to Jellybean.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest plewis1981

Hi Guy's

I changed my CPU setting this afternoon and when I rebooted my phone could not finds ext3, TE said no ext3 partition found, so I booted to cwm and clicked mount /sd-ext, when I rebooted TE said that there is a ext partition but its not mounted but may be ext4.

Is there any way to get ext3 back as phone was running lovely before this.

Also browser keeps stopping (had to wright this post 4 times lol)

Edited by plewis1981