[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest OuahOuah

There's nowhere to go with it really. All I can do is tweak things and keep in sync with CM.

Unhappily, there are few bugs, even if not annoying :

- GPS status still "looking at signal", even after stopping GPS use

- Need to re enable paid keyboard after a reboot then select it again (not after every reboot but I'd say every 2 or 3 reboot)

I also have a problem with Tapatalk app : if I try to move from SD to phone it fail, if I try to update from PlayStore it tells me "not enough space" and I knw that if I uninstall it, I will never be able to reinstall it :(.

Except the two first problems, this ROM is cool :)

Don't know it CM10 is updated with other new features though...

Guest dimi89

Just flashed this rom for testing and also flashed darkthremor script and i am wandering how to enable apps to install on 2nd partition i created on my SD card ? Link2 sd isnt working so i must use terminal but i dont know command line...Anyone can help ?

Guest robt77

Just flashed this rom for testing and also flashed darkthremor script and i am wandering how to enable apps to install on 2nd partition i created on my SD card ? Link2 sd isnt working so i must use terminal but i dont know command line...Anyone can help ?

Type this into the terminal

su

allow the super user request from terminal emulator then type

a2sd reinstall

it will run then re boot your phone and hey presto :)

Edited by robt77

Guest domenico lamberti

I just made a phone call on this ROM, and the screen went black - needed a battery pull.

calibrate the proximity sensor in the settings

Guest dimi89

@robt thank you for help.As far as I can tell cm10 is great just if anyone have fix for laggy camera or for YouTube. Tryed downloading other camera app but results are same and every time I start video on yt my phone restart.Anyone know some app that can just play youtube songs without video ?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Please read the rest of the thread, there will never be a fix for the laggy camera or the youtube app, because the hardware acceleration does not work properly because there's no drivers. This phone has reached it's end of life.

Guest dimi89

@Psycho yes i know about youtube but didnt know about camera and i dont understand why is camera working normally on cm9 and not on cm10 ? ICS and JB are not so different .. i think ... Also i was wandering is there any program that can stream youtube just like songs not like video ?

Guest NinjehKitteh

Is anyone else having problems with the Google Search box on the home screen?

Whenever I start it up I get nothing and it FCs

-Ninjeh.

Guest glossywhite

Please read the rest of the thread, there will never be a fix for the laggy camera or the youtube app, because the hardware acceleration does not work properly because there's no drivers. This phone has reached it's end of life.

The drivers *could* be released, if they wanted to. A fool says "never" - you don't know, any more than anyone else knows. You could state "unlikely", but to say "never" means you have to have a flannel on hand... in case of needing to wipe egg from one's face ;) hehe.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well, since Qualcomm made this statement about releasing OpenMax drivers for Armv6 :

Unfortunately we are not able to support video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL libs for Qualcomm’s QDSP5 on MSM7x27. The architecture of MSM7x27 cannot support OpenMax video codecs for ARMv6 OMX IL on QDSP5 running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).

You're welcome to wait until they change their mind, although I think we'll see colonies on the sun before then. Excuse me, I've got to wipe some egg off my face apparently.

Maclaw said they'd try to make something but that was back in June and nothing came after that so I wouldn't hold out much hope for that either.

Not quite sure why you would think no-one had tried to find out about it.

Source

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

The drivers *could* be released, if they wanted to. A fool says "never" - you don't know, any more than anyone else knows. You could state "unlikely", but to say "never" means you have to have a flannel on hand... in case of needing to wipe egg from one's face ;) hehe.

Except it is never. Qualcomm has EOL'd the chips. AKA "we are not supporting these and they don't exist now". Adreno is a separate entity and that's why there were ICS drivers.

Guest srdevil

Dear All,

I've been reading on the forums for a while and since yesterday I've installed this custom rom. I'm very pleased with this compared to my Fish'nChips 7, it looks better and is running quite smooth. However I do have some questions.

screenshot2012101218272.png

I've clicked the Blue Google logo and followed the wizard. However when I want to open it today a white screen appears that will automatically close withing a second. Is there a way to solve this?

It also lookslike wifi connection is always on, even if I've changed the settings from wifi -> advanced -> turn wifi off when screen is on standby. Is there a solution to solve this because It's not that good for my battery =)

Thanks in advantage!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Is there anyway to fix the blurred notification icon? I've found a ZIP file in another thread on XDA for the Galaxy Ace so I was wondering if that would work. I haven't got CM10 flashed at the moment so I can't test myself but;

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1911478

Scroll to the 2nd post.

Just tried it, don't bother, won't boot after applying it, it just sits on the boot animation

Guest reedo_17

Will this rom be getting 4.1.2?

Oh and also this may be noobish but how do i set up internal2external sd for this rom? I could on the xperia themed rom.

Edited by reedo_17

Guest KonstaT

Is there anyway to fix the blurred notification icon?

You can fix notification blur by adding these lines to your /system/build.prop:

debug.enabletr=false
debug.hwui.render_dirty_regions=false
[/CODE]

Guest reedo_17

You can fix notification blur by adding these lines to your /system/build.prop:

debug.enabletr=false

debug.hwui.render_dirty_regions=false

Thanks for the help KonstaT, I love your roms for the blade any chance of you getting a ZTE Crescent? i would love your rom support for this phone :)

Edited by reedo_17