[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

What should I do? I have my Windows fixed again, and my Ubuntu is finally working flawlessly.

-Ninjeh.

tried the chown thingy that fixed mine?

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

I would've released builds today but my internet was kinda dead. I had to tether through my phone to get a reliable (but bad) connection.

Edit: However... surfaceflinger is working again.

I would release this but there's no point as it's already stale, I'll do fresh builds tomorrow.

Guest b4da55

So how would I go about getting a tpt for jellybean on tmv. Tpt helper won't let me choose make my own and even if it did I wouldn't know what sizes I'd need

Thx in advance

Guest Dazzozo

TPT Helper seems a little buggered. Not working on the SF2 either.

I'm planning on creating similar TPTs to what is recommended right now for CM10 in the Skate forum. I'll work on it after I've migrated to the goo.im buildbot.

Guest MadEye Moody

Tried to compile with changes in the doc. It gave me something about system image being too large. I'll get home and post the actual error.

Guest MadEye Moody

Yeah, you're right at the end. Did you grab this change? https://github.com/D...d13bda23e58dfd6

If yes it's probably overflown again... *sigh*

I synced just before making the changes, so that should have been pulled.

I think I have

commit 06ef1d1095d545d4c13a997d0d13bda23e58dfd6

Author: Daz Jones <[s][email protected][/s]>

Date:   Sat Jul 21 20:46:37 2012 +0100

lol did we seriously just overflow system

While compiling, I noticed it was compiling extra/v8 . Is this for ARMv8? can we omit it?

Guest MadEye Moody

222MB doesn't seem to be enough

Error:

Install system fs image: out/target/product/blade2/system.img

out/target/product/blade2/system.img+out/target/product/blade2/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p maxsize=237625344 blocksize=135168 total=249505490 reserve=2433024

error: out/target/product/blade2/system.img+out/target/product/blade2/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p too large (249505490 > [240058368 - 2433024])

make: *** [out/target/product/blade2/system.img] Error 1

make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/blade2/system.img'

Guest MadEye Moody

ARMv8 pretty much doesn't exist yet.

I'm assuming you mean external/v8. V8 is the JavaScript engine.

sorry, my bad :(

Guest Dazzozo

222MB doesn't seem to be enough

Error:

Install system fs image: out/target/product/blade2/system.img
out/target/product/blade2/system.img+out/target/product/blade2/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p maxsize=237625344 blocksize=135168 total=249505490 reserve=2433024
error: out/target/product/blade2/system.img+out/target/product/blade2/obj/PACKAGING/recovery_patch_intermediates/recovery_from_boot.p too large (249505490 > [240058368 - 2433024])
make: *** [out/target/product/blade2/system.img] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file `out/target/product/blade2/system.img'
[/CODE]

Bump the system image size in BoardConfig.mk in the same way I did and it'll be satisfied.

Guest MadEye Moody

Bump the system image size in BoardConfig.mk in the same way I did and it'll be satisfied.

Yup made it F0 = 240

Will delete the apps that are not used.

Guest MadEye Moody

Running releasetool...

/home/renjith/android/source/cm10/out/target/product/blade2/cm_blade2-ota-user.renjith.zip doesn't exist!

make: *** [bacon] Error 1

There is a

/home/renjith/android/source/cm10/out/target/product/blade2/cm_blade2-ota-eng.renjith.zip which has a 234MB system

Is this file ready to be flashed?

Guest Dazzozo

Running releasetool...
/home/renjith/android/source/cm10/out/target/product/blade2/cm_blade2-ota-user.renjith.zip doesn't exist!
make: *** [bacon] Error 1
[/CODE]

There is a

[i]/home/renjith/android/source/cm10/out/target/product/blade2/cm_blade2-ota-[/i][u][b]eng[/b][/u][i].renjith.zip[/i] which has a 234MB system

Is this file ready to be flashed?

What build variant are you trying to build for?

Guest MadEye Moody

What build variant are you trying to build for?

eh... user

$ brunch cm_blade2-user

Yesterday I got a lot more errors for userdebug, thats why I went for user. Will try with userdebug

Guest Dazzozo

eh... user

$ brunch cm_blade2-user

Yesterday I got a lot more errors for userdebug, thats why I went for user. Will try with userdebug

I actually suggest eng at the moment as CM10 is early, hence engineering. If you get a boot loop you have an insecure boot.img with root, etc.

Guest MadEye Moody

Sorry for the confusion.

compiled in userdebug with 191.2MB system in the zip. So there is not an issue with the size

Guest MadEye Moody

The build that i compiles earlier is not booting. The boot animation won't end. Any troubleshooting tips?

Tried formatting system,boot,cache,sdext, etc.. no use

Edited by MadEye Moody