[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Rattonboy

I'm also having an issue with google play whenever i go on it it says "server error" i have already made an account with google. One other thing a flashed the gapps package Dazzozo put up, the installing bar in CWM fills up to about 4/6 then instantly says installation complete yet i think it hasn't installed some packages. Probably why google play doesn't work. oh also i have the latest build.

Guest MadEye Moody

@people having gapps trouble

can you open the terminal emulator app and type

df[/CODE]

and post the output

df is to find out the space used/free in each partition. we are looking for the values about /system partition

Guest chris231

Have created a TPT that will take the rom and gapps without trimming.

BUT there is little to no room for apps due to the size of the data partition.

290mb system, 20mb cache, 130mb data

after the rom and gapps install 279mb is used on system and 100mb used on data, so this leaves a little room to breathe

I could cut the cache to 10mb maybe to give a little extra on the data.....? (see how you go and let me know)

anyway here it is.

http://rollestonpark.myzen.co.uk/crescent/290-20-130-SF2/

usual get outs apply....

I have tested seems OK.

Guest welshrage

hmmm good build and fast... except titanium backup seems to freeze when restoring and also nothing will move to sd card, a2sd works with dalvik on ext partition

Guest MadEye Moody

Here is a screenshot of the results.

Your /system partition is full. it doesn't have the space to install gapps

You can try to delete some files like ROMManager.apk, VideoEditor.apk, CMWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, Galaxy4.apk, HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk, etc from /system/app

Since you don't have a filemanger, you'll have to do this using the terminal emulator itself (or you could try to install a filemenager apk using adb)

Terminal emulator instrutions

Accept super user permission when asked. The commands are

su

cd /system/app

rm RomManager.apk

rm VideoEditor.apk

rm CMWallpapers.apk

rm MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

su command asks for super user permissions (super user ~= Administrator)

cd command takes us to the /system/app folder

rm command is to remove the file

Edit : After all this install gapps again through CWM

For a list of files that I remove are in the zip_trimmer.sh script in my signature.

Note : In the script file, I don't remove the files that have a '#' at the begining of the line

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Rattonboy

Your /system partition is full. it doesn't have the space to install gapps

You can try to delete some files like ROMManager.apk, VideoEditor.apk, CMWallpapers.apk, MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk, Galaxy4.apk, HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk, etc from /system/app

Since you don't have a filemanger, you'll have to do this using the terminal emulator itself (or you could try to install a filemenager apk using adb)

Terminal emulator instrutions

Accept super user permission when asked. The commands are

su

cd /system/app

rm RomManager.apk

rm VideoEditor.apk

rm CMWallpapers.apk

rm MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk

su command asks for super user permissions (super user ~= Administrator)

cd command takes us to the /system/app folder

rm command is to remove the file

Edit : After all this install gapps again through CWM

For a list of files that I remove are in the zip_trimmer.sh script in my signature.

Note : In the script file, I don't remove the files that have a '#' at the begining of the line

Ok used the root explorer from superuser and deleted apps that i won't use. Just flashed it and the bar still stops in the same place however i do have google play store now. i used to manually install google play store from the gapps zip probably why i got the error in the first place.

Guest Rattonboy

Ok used the root explorer from superuser and deleted apps that i won't use. Just flashed it and the bar still stops in the same place however i do have google play store now. i used to manually install google play store from the gapps zip probably why i got the error in the first place.

The problem with the play store has gone now. when i made the account it would crash just before i could accept the terms and conditions of the play store. Thank you MadEye Moody for you assistance.

Guest MadEye Moody

The paid app issue with the play store seems to have fixed after some time, anyway I'm not seeing any updates available for swiftkey

Guest MadEye Moody

Have created a TPT that will take the rom and gapps without trimming.

BUT there is little to no room for apps due to the size of the data partition.

290mb system, 20mb cache, 130mb data

after the rom and gapps install 279mb is used on system and 100mb used on data, so this leaves a little room to breathe

I could cut the cache to 10mb maybe to give a little extra on the data.....? (see how you go and let me know)

anyway here it is.

http://rollestonpark...290-20-130-SF2/

usual get outs apply....

I have tested seems OK.

Is there a way to just mount the sdcard ext partition as /data ?

Guest Dazzozo

There's a lot of discovery work going on at the moment and we have some situations where things look Nexus 7 smooth, but there's a lot of complications.

I feel I should back up this claim.

http://crescent.theb.../hwcomposer.zip

Flashable "addon". Only flash this if you know what you're doing blah blah standard disclaimer.

This contains a separately built hwcomposer.msm7x27.so and liboverlay.so. Points of interest:

• Disable HW overlays unchecked - launcher incredibly smooth, though a lot of visual corruption. Nexus 7 smooth, in fact.
  • Disable HW overlays checked - everything a bit smoother, not as smooth as the launcher with it unchecked.

The visual corruption is a copybit issue and it's probably the current focus (if there is one).

Meanwhile, some pretty depressing news was broken earlier. Not that we didn't know it already, but it's now final. https://plus.google....sts/MRnnvs3oFUF

Guest Rattonboy

Ok i finally have google play store working, however i am getting another error "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card" This has nothing to do with the paid app issue as i tried to download a free app.

Guest razzmataz1478

Is hardware decoding only problem or is there anything else?

They clearly don't want to support older hardware, either. We can only watch LQ videos and that's it. I don't see the problem they have.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

The problem is most likely that they're never gonna get support from the manufacturers themselves and they'll never be able to get a fully working rom so they're onto a loser straight away. Basically we're never gonna get a fully working phone past gingerbread, last ZTE phone I get to be honest.

Guest Dazzozo

It's not a ZTE problem. They have never and still have nothing to do with this.

The only thing they messed up is the releasing of the BCM4330 driver, which is something we no longer have any problems with.

Guest Rattonboy

Is this less stable than cm9? Just wondering what I should go for between the two.

It is pretty stable it has never spontaneously restarted on me, though check the changelog to see what works on this ROM and see if it is worthy to switch to this ROM. I did because it was JELLY BEAN!