[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Well today i had a S3 on my Hand, i pulled out my ZTE and put them side by side, then i opened the facebook messenger app in both phones, waited for it to start(S3 was faster), then i pressed home in both phones and surprisingly ZTE Blade was faster then S3 to go to the launcher. (S3 was in stock and ZTE was in Jelly Bean) This shows the Jelly Bean difference!!!

Guest Hayden3430

Hope that the camera gets fixed soon

Fingers crossed :) Im just happy with the progress that has been so far.

Thanks Konstat

Edited by Hayden3430

Guest frake65

Hello,

I'm just curious to know, if anybody else did see the following behavior: after some hours without activity the internet connection appears to be broken. The physical connection is still alive - at least the "G" symbol is visible and WIFI can be enabled and disabled, but several different applications tell me they can't connect to the internet - only rebooting the device seems to solve the issue.

If it's not the ROM that is causing this, one possible candidate for not closing its connections might be K9 mail, which is the only application I know of to check for new mail...

Sorry, I didn't get a logcat of the issue, yet - any other ideas or solutions?

Guest labbe-
Well today i had a S3 on my Hand, i pulled out my ZTE and put them side by side, then i opened the facebook messenger app in both phones, waited for it to start(S3 was faster), then i pressed home in both phones and surprisingly ZTE Blade was faster then S3 to go to the launcher. (S3 was in stock and ZTE was in Jelly Bean) This shows the Jelly Bean difference!!!

wait till you try s3 with official cm10 ;)

i just purchased a zte blade for my secondary phone for 40€ (for partys and factory job so i wont wreck my s3), and this rom seems to be the obvious choice. ive run jelly bean for a week now and there is no way im going back to ics, im even willing to sacrifice the camera for that

so once i figure out how to root the blade you'll get one more tester in the mix ^^

Guest mELIANTE

That's not the jb difference. S3 lags when home button is pressed.

Guest mELIANTE

That's not the jb difference. S3 lags when home button is pressed.

Guest staud

To all involved devs, do you think the camera fix is a big thing and will still take a lot of time? Or is there only a little step missing?

I can't wait to use JB but I love my camera :)

Guest jimsie

anybody got S2E or mount2sd working?? It is the only missing thing apart from cam to completely switch from GB / ICS !! :)

The flickering is much less after selecting colour band and blur effect fix in surface improvement

Don't have a flickering problem, S2E works ok on the Burstlam rom. Seems to be good overall :)

Guest vNa5h

To all involved devs, do you think the camera fix is a big thing and will still take a lot of time? Or is there only a little step missing?

I can't wait to use JB but I love my camera :)

Maybe wait for LG optimus guys to figure some thing out like last time...

Guest staud

Maybe wait for LG optimus guys to figure some thing out like last time...

okay... waiting is pain :blink: ;)

Is for day use ?

I haven't tested it myself, but I'd suggest you read the "what's working/what's not yet working" list and decide it for yourself. I personally don't want to relinquish the camera but others would...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way question to all JB testers:

How's your experience on JB with the Google contact pictures sync? Does it work flawlessly? No downsizing anymore when syncing as Google had announced?

Edited by staud

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

For everyone, i use airdroid, when i accessed airdroid in Jelly Bean it was working, then i accessed web.airdroid.com for QR Code (i forgot i was using Jelly Bean that time), pressed the button camera in airdroid and it appeared preview and the camera was working!!! the qr code didnt read of course but i remember then that i was using Jelly Bean. I was surprised it works, but then it failed and i had to restart then phone for it to work again...

Guest ufizo

Does it work flawlessly? No downsizing anymore when syncing as Google had announced?

When did google promise such a thing?

Can you provide links?

Guest TehStalker

For everyone, i use airdroid, when i accessed airdroid in Jelly Bean it was working, then i accessed web.airdroid.com for QR Code (i forgot i was using Jelly Bean that time), pressed the button camera in airdroid and it appeared preview and the camera was working!!! the qr code didnt read of course but i remember then that i was using Jelly Bean. I was surprised it works, but then it failed and i had to restart then phone for it to work again...

Great, then we know for certain that a working camera can eventually be hacked together.

Guest staud

When did google promise such a thing?

Can you provide links?

When releasing Jelly Bean. At least that's how I understand the following things:

"The People app now (...) displays higher res photos (720x720) on certain devices. High res photos set on Google accounts will be backed up and synced across devices."

- from the official Jelly Bean feature website (scroll to "People")

Guest ufizo

When releasing Jelly Bean. At least that's how I understand the following things:

"The People app now (...) displays higher res photos (720x720) on certain devices. High res photos set on Google accounts will be backed up and synced across devices."

- from the official Jelly Bean feature website (scroll to "People")

The problem is not with the people app, the problem is with gmail contacts,.. which actually is used to sync all the contact information with.

ICS had 256x256, now it is 720x720?

Well, it doesn't matter, as long as it is synced with 96x96 pics (gmail).

What this means is,.. that Yes, you can have HiRes images assigned with your contacts,.. but they become low res, when,.. say you wipe, reflash and sync your contacts with google.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109941711245243963357/posts/PwRx3SHNbjR

Edited by ufizo

Guest staud

ufizo, you are not completely correct. The announcement doesn't just say that 720p pictures are possible in JB, it also promises that they will be backed up and synced.

And, by the way, I don't agree with you saying "it doesn't matter, as long as it is synced with 96x96": Let me quote a guy on G+: "And if you sync images from your Gmail contacts. Then you stretch 96 puny pixels across 720 pixels of screen real estate. Even my MOM can figure out that it's a bad idea."

Apart from the official JB announcement I've done some research about this issue to find out what's really going on:

A number of JB users report that the contact picture issue was fixed. They say that after a factory reset their photos were synced back in hi-res.

Others say it's not in the least fixed:

"Running JB on the Gnex and pictures still look like crap."

"This is still not fixed in Jelly Bean."

Maybe the truth is somewhere in between? This is what another G+ user posted:

"This issue is nowhere near solved. Yes it's true that JB store the contact pics as hi-res, but it's stored "somewhere" else, not on the phone, but not on Google Contacts (at least on Google Contacts UI and API interface). (...) So it's only work on JB, and JB only."

See also www.androidpolice.com/2012/07/02/jelly-bean-bumps-contact-photos-to-hi-res-720x720-but-google-sync-continues-to-clobber-it-with-low-res-mush/

From my point of view the reports conflict each other. So in the end, after all my research, I still don't know if this is fixed on JB. <_<

Edited by staud

Guest ufizo

Yes, I was wrong. I missed some new developments. The JB about page indeed says: 'High res photos set on Google accounts will be backed up and synced across devices'.

Guess I should test it out with this ROM.

Will report back soon.