[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Yeah, downloaded the keyboard yesterday. Didn't even bother to install when I saw it has an ARMv7 lib. It also seems that it's a proprietary Google app so they probably won't open source it via AOSP.

If you follow the link posted few posts up, it explains why the preview doesn't work.

Preview is working on my Blade:

img1960copier.jpg

Capture, also. But once the panorama generated, there is no way to find it.

Preview is working on my Blade:

Capture, also. But once the panorama generated, there is no way to find it.

I think he was talking about the 4.2 camera mate, yours is the 4.1 camera.

I have quite the problem. When I turn on mobile data my phone goes crazy - it used 60 MB in 10 minutes the other day, 45 today in an hour. The phone was supposed to be idle. The data usage menu states that the Android OS itself used 277 MB of data as background data this month and I have no idea if this is a jellybean bug or one of my apps cause this.

My problem is not with the amount of data it uses but it also drained my battery from 80 to 11 in an hour.

Only my google and twitter accounts are allowed to sync and I don't think twitter really syncs much. Only Google+ and Calendar synced today.

Can anything be done with this?

Guest pit1981

I have quite the problem. When I turn on mobile data my phone goes crazy - it used 60 MB in 10 minutes the other day, 45 today in an hour. The phone was supposed to be idle. The data usage menu states that the Android OS itself used 277 MB of data as background data this month and I have no idea if this is a jellybean bug or one of my apps cause this.

My problem is not with the amount of data it uses but it also drained my battery from 80 to 11 in an hour.

Only my google and twitter accounts are allowed to sync and I don't think twitter really syncs much. Only Google+ and Calendar synced today.

Try to disable "Back up my data" in "Backup & restore" - that should save some MB and battery.

Do you have a custom wallpaper set? Some month ago I had the same issue and discovered from a logcat that the backup process was trying to upload my custom wallpaper all the time, but the upload always failed.

Do you have a custom wallpaper set? Some month ago I had the same issue and discovered from a logcat that the backup process was trying to upload my custom wallpaper all the time, but the upload always failed.

Whoa, is that possible? I have a live wallpaper in which I have one of my photos set as the actual background. That would be quite problematic to back up.

But still, I haven't had this issue earlier, it started with the 28.10. build. I'm not even sure if the data is upload or download, it's displayed as an aggregate traffic.

Guest The Guvnor

Yea, will be the 'Backup my data' in the settings. Happened to me too a few months back.

It will say turning it off will delete all data on the google servers, but I have wiped and flashed ROMs since, and my contacts and calender etc always restore.

I see that backup is started over and over.

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.calendar

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.browser

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.vending

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of android

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.providers.userdictionary

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.inputmethod.latin

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.sharedstoragebackup

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.google.android.gm

D/BackupManagerService( 412): Now staging backup of com.android.providers.settings

but then:

I/PerformBackupTask( 412): Backup pass finished.

Exceptions are only raised by Launcher7 (God, that app SPAMS!). I don't see anything bad except that backup seems to run (or at least check) a lot of times. I'll check it using mobile data instead of wifi later.

Yea, will be the 'Backup my data' in the settings. Happened to me too a few months back.

It will say turning it off will delete all data on the google servers, but I have wiped and flashed ROMs since, and my contacts and calender etc always restore.

Okie then, I shall do that. Thank you all.

Edited by shezar

Guest jonmac73

What does it actually backup then ?

I thought the main contacts / calendar / gmail were all just synced from Google cloud as standard

And I backup my apps data manually via Titanium Backup (although TBH nothing major so not end of world if lost some of it)

Edited by jonmac73

Just installed this, seems really good. One thing though, I tried Google Now via the Voice Search app, but no cards ever come up, it only does a regular google search. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest judas1977

@up

That is a wild guess, but i think you should run google search (normal, not voice) once, because, after a short introduction there is question, if you want to use google now.

After that google now is enabled (or not, if you reject it)

@up

That is a wild guess, but i think you should run google search (normal, not voice) once, because, after a short introduction there is question, if you want to use google now.

After that google now is enabled (or not, if you reject it)

Hmm... that's not it... I think I have Now enabled, and the cards are enabled in the settings, too.

Guest jventura

I have been experimenting with a patch for mms in cm10 (to enable automatic retrieve), and I noticed in the logcat that everytime I connected data on (not the mms, but the "default" apn), a process called PicasaSyncSomething jumped right in. It was the only one I could see to access the net.. Maybe you have things in Picasa, and that PicasaSyncSomething is the bad guy? :)

Edited by jventura

Oo, now I got an interesting issue. Rebooted the phone while connected to my pc via usb. On reboot, doesn't show the sim unlock screen. When pressing 'home' anywhere, it just refreshes the current screen. On subsequent reboots, always skips the sim unlock screen. Any way to get to that screen? The notifications area is empty.

PS. I also have the 'custom ringtones/notifications not showing up' issue, and media scans do not seem to work properly, at least not regarding audio. No .nomedia files anywhere.

Edit: oh, right. Removing the lockscreen made the sim unlock screen pop up. Neato.

Edited by udrkd

Guest Ricardo Mota

I upgraded from the previous CM10 version, where I was using Link2SD (I'm not sure whether it has anything to do with my problem...). Now my internal storage is full (so full I can't receive text messages...), although all the apps are on the ext partition. I believe there is lots of trash on the internal storage, but I have no idea on how to clean it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Guest Dolfy_Dlima

Have installed CM10 and can say that it works great....

Had issues with Clock not working ( Alarm Issue) but "searched" and found the solution.

Disabled & Enabled it.... Works great since...

Thanks Konsta for the ROM......Works a GEM...!!!

Adolf D

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version coming from cm-10-20120927 (didn't wipe as I think it's not necessary from cm10 to cm10). After upgrading, I reinstalled all my apps (previously backed up with Titanium).

I'm now surprised to see I only have 35MB free when I know I had more than 100MB free prior to the upgrade with the exact same apps.

S2E has been reinstalled (through Titanium as well) and it shows 62MB on the sd_ext partition, but I'm not sure if those are not old data, prior to my upgrade.

Can someone help me ? Did I miss some steps ? Maybe I should have reformatted the sd_ext partition some way prior de reinstalling S2E ?

Thanks

Guest semenfun82

Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version coming from cm-10-20120927 (didn't wipe as I think it's not necessary from cm10 to cm10). After upgrading, I reinstalled all my apps (previously backed up with Titanium).

I'm now surprised to see I only have 35MB free when I know I had more than 100MB free prior to the upgrade with the exact same apps.

S2E has been reinstalled (through Titanium as well) and it shows 62MB on the sd_ext partition, but I'm not sure if those are not old data, prior to my upgrade.

Can someone help me ? Did I miss some steps ? Maybe I should have reformatted the sd_ext partition some way prior de reinstalling S2E ?

Thanks

Are you blind.?

The latest is cm-10-20121028 !

Are you blind.?

The latest is cm-10-20121028 !

I said I upgraded from cm-10-20120927 to the latest (cm-10-20121028).

Anyway, that doesn't help answering my question !

Run the following commands and post the content of "C:\logfile.txt".

adb root

adb wait-for-device

adb shell "du -m -d 1 /sd-ext" > C:\logfile.txt

adb shell "cat /proc/partitions" >> C:\logfile.txt

adb shell "mount | grep /dev/block/mmcblk0p" >> C:\logfile.txt

Edited by XeS0r