[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

Is it as smooth as burstlams?

On a scale from 1 to 346 how smooth is Burstlams rom? This is like 284, maybe 285 but i'm not entirely sure.

Guest vNa5h

On a scale from 1 to 346 how smooth is Burstlams rom? This is like 284, maybe 285 but i'm not entirely sure.

what king of scale is that

346 :S ?!

Guest Akash P

Very smart scale indeed :-P

Guest Snap.IT

Very smart scale indeed :-P

Best scale there is, all in favor of making it a standard scale for people too lazy to test roms say aye.

Guest ElrOnDPT

It's the perfect scale for anyone too lazy to try a rom and see for himself.

21771353.jpg

Why can't you just say something meaningful with useful information instead of just annoying people who come here looking for information on this fine fine rom?

Guest Snap.IT

21771353.jpg

Why can't you just say something meaningful with useful information instead of just annoying people who come here looking for information on this fine fine rom?

My deepest apologies if i hurt your sensitivities regarding this but i surely cannot speak for how others use their phones and how the rom will perform with the things they use it for?

Or rather... let's keep this thread on topic and stop wasting time with people not willing to even try it out for themselves.

Guest Snap.IT

well, i think the 22 release is smoother than the 25, don't you think? but like a huge difference

I disagree entirely, this release is much smoother than the previous one.

I don't use much standard stuff, i like opera, some like dophin, you may like some other stuff, i don't really care about the drawer apps flipping real fast because i have everything in folders on my app bar.

This is all entirely subjective and the only way to see how it works for you is to try it out, someone who uses a gps app every single day will get the impression that whatever rom gets the fastest lock is the fastest rom, someone else just likes to watch transitions in home or drawer and will be horrified when they lag even if the app starts and works faster.

Some idiots will overclock to a higher degree and use performance as their governor and for them any rom that disagrees with that is a bad rom.

it's so individual that you actually have to try it yourself to know what you think about it, besides, it's either worth the time to try it or it isn't, if it isn't, don't because the incessant whining when you do will go unheard but it's still annoying.

Guest FranciscoMSM

I disagree entirely, this release is much smoother than the previous one.

I don't use much standard stuff, i like opera, some like dophin, you may like some other stuff, i don't really care about the drawer apps flipping real fast because i have everything in folders on my app bar.

This is all entirely subjective and the only way to see how it works for you is to try it out, someone who uses a gps app every single day will get the impression that whatever rom gets the fastest lock is the fastest rom, someone else just likes to watch transitions in home or drawer and will be horrified when they lag even if the app starts and works faster.

Some idiots will overclock to a higher degree and use performance as their governor and for them any rom that disagrees with that is a bad rom.

it's so individual that you actually have to try it yourself to know what you think about it, besides, it's either worth the time to try it or it isn't, if it isn't, don't because the incessant whining when you do will go unheard but it's still annoying.

i said that because I tried de 22 release and than the 25 release, and i note that the notification bar is really more slow when you pull down, don´t you note that?

Guest Snap.IT

i said that because I tried de 22 release and than the 25 release, and i note that the notification bar is really more slow when you pull down, don´t you note that?

OK, i'm sure that is important to you so use GB instead.

SERIOUSLY, if it's working, good, if it isn't and it's mentioned as not working, it's not working, if it's mentioned as working and you try some app on top of it and it's not working, then it IS working without your app.

What KonstaT needs is tips on how to fix things, not incessent whining about how a VERY new rom isn't as fast as a rom that is older.

Personally, i'll test this one but i'll be running the ICS version on my daily phone.

Guest Snap.IT

I'm not criticizing, i justed ask

Wait until it's something you can ask for, at this point in time, if you get it to boot, that's good enough and you can ask for nothing more.

The "release early, release often" scheme requires testers that report back on things that are important.

Not fancying the pretty colours or such isn't important.

Guest Felsch

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<project name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_blade" path="device/zte/blade" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" path="vendor/zte" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="KonstaT/zte-kernel-msm7x27" path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27" revision="jellybean" />

</manifest>

I have a question,

Here at project name, there is stated "KonstaT/everythingElse". Does that needs to begin with KonstaT ? Or can I change it to something I want, like for i.e. potato ?

Guest KonstaT

Tried to use the modified gapps from tilal to get Google Now to work, but it didn't work. Might be because I didn't reflash and format.

On another note, I was annoyed by my lack of space in /data so I decided to use sd-ext, and it seems to work without problems on this ROM.

I use Mounts2SD for this, it was an easy and quick installation and now I have over 1gb to install apps on.

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that S2E isn't JB compatible yet so I tried this. I copied the Mounts2SD script to /data/local/userinit.d/ instead, so it is preserved during ROM updates (/system/etc/init.d/ gets overwritten). Seems to do it's job, but I haven't found any way to configure it yet. :P Quite bad if you wan't to switch to something else...

I use the page http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#blade/cm10/next to follow the changelog of roms Cyanogen, you believe that is correct information is released daily?, and not published anything CM7, or CM9, and CM10 is published, only the changes common to all cell phones. What I mean is that if TomG or HCDRJacob (We were giving official support) have ended up leaving the development to the blade, at first if he read that TomG worked in CM9, but it seems that neither is it .

Yeah, that seems accurate. You can also use this gerrit link to see merged commits. There is/was/will be no official CM9/CM10 builds for Blade.

I'm pretty sure Tom G has been working on CM10. He released his CM9 sources rather late too. There is no obligation for him to release anything until he feels like it.

Hi, I installed yesterday - it's excellent for an early build. I installed with some fairly conservative TPT values (196MB System, 8MB Cache). What are reasonable (small) values for system? I ask before installing todays' update.

ps: I did notice no default ringtone or alarms - I was able to add a ringtone easily but the alarm is still just vibrating, not sure how to correct that.

I'm not going to recommend any system size at this point. It also depends on what gapps package you use. There's also some stuff that I have to add back to the ROM (dictionaries).

Yeah, ringtones seem to come and go. Reboot usually helps. It would have failed to wake me up on one morning if wouldn't have been up already. ;)

Konsta I'm not sure if you're aware, but navbar back button looks wrong, it's big.

It doesn't seem to scale down as the rest of the button. It'll probably get fixed when navigation bar settings get merged to CM10. I didn't break it - I'm not going to fix it. ;)

well, i think the 22 release is smoother than the 25, don't you think? but like a huge difference

1. there was no release on 22nd.

2. there shouldn't be any major increase/decrease in 'smoothness' in my releases.

There was one build by burstlam that was a bit faster but it had an issue with flickering screen and I think he later reverted his hacks. I haven't tested burstlam's recent builds because I can't download them from chinese servers.

I have a question,

Here at project name, there is stated "KonstaT/everythingElse". Does that needs to begin with KonstaT ? Or can I change it to something I want, like for i.e. potato ?

Well, if you have a github account with username potato and you have the repositories there. Those are links to my github.

Guest Felsch

Well, if you have a github account with username potato and you have the repositories there. Those are links to my github.

Ah cool, thnx. Basicly, as long as you keep it there, I would need to use those github stuffs. And when in the worstcase scenario where you remove it, I would do good to have it (or to fork it and play with it(if that even would be needed)).

On sidenote, trying to compile it myself(busy downloading source :)). If I get something usefull out it, we shall see(initial compile should work).

Guest Snap.IT

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that S2E isn't JB compatible yet so I tried this. I copied the Mounts2SD script to /data/local/userinit.d/ instead, so it is preserved during ROM updates (/system/etc/init.d/ gets overwritten). Seems to do it's job, but I haven't found any way to configure it yet. :P Quite bad if you wan't to switch to something else...

My old script works fine and includes swap mount if there is one, it also doesn't have a problem with dalvik on SD and installing to SD ext.

It will work like a charm with JB just as it does with ICS.

Guest TehStalker

When is Konstant's JB recommended for everyday use.

Friday the 14th September 2012 at exactly 17:24:01 GMT.

Edited by TehStalker

Guest PaulOBrien

Please keep posts on topic and respectful to other members.

If I see any more post reports i'm going to start handing out warnings.

MoDaCo is about being welcoming and friendly to ALL levels of users - please uphold our values.

P

Guest Snap.IT

My apologies to KonstaT for PWD and messing up his thread.

But TehStalker has a point, no one will get it but his guess is good as anyone elses and that IS the point.

With it being at 285 it's close to it being 294 when the authorities deem it ready for release. In Pakistan.

Guest galorin

I have to say, once I turn on Developer Options and put tick boxes in both Disable HW Overlays and Force GPU Rendering, the device does run a lot smoother and faster... but it is prone to spurious reboots. I don't mind that so much, it's experimental and in a way, exciting.