[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

That's why there is a guide for installing TPT (here in the forum). Don't do anything without reading carefully first, or you might brick your phone.

I just mixed up two things as a lama because I started a crazy run for getting DLNA :blush: sh*t.

Please tell me anyone that which one is the last build what has working DLNA (UPnP)?

(it is nothing extra just the possibility to play music (or any media) from a nas (or any network connected pc)

Thank you!

Guest Snap.IT

Learn to read and search, then post. It was commented many times before. You insult the people here with this attitude.

Just the opposite for me - better signal than other ROMs and connects faster with no drops. Try 16.11 build, but take a look at what Snap.IT posted about what you will miss.

Same for me on the WiFi, never been better than it is now, reconnects when i'm within the zone again and it's instantaneous when rebooting, switching between 3G and WiFi has never been better and signal has never been stronger.

One could use the wifi from 16/11 on 24/11 without much work at all if one wanted to.

Guest bezerra

Same for me on the WiFi, never been better than it is now, reconnects when i'm within the zone again and it's instantaneous when rebooting, switching between 3G and WiFi has never been better and signal has never been stronger.

One could use the wifi from 16/11 on 24/11 without much work at all if one wanted to.

How do you did it?

Edited by bezerra

Hi,

I'm trying to update some apps on my phone (e.g. Facebook), but I'm getting an error message that I don't have enough storage available. Looking at the applications in the parameters, I still have 77MB available.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening ? Is there any other cache I should clear, and if yes, how ?

Thanks

Guest Snap.IT

How do you did it?

Either you make a flashable kernel zip to replace the wifi or you compile the whole kernel wifi package from 16/11 with the 24/11 kernel.

Anyone can do this, there are plenty of guides for it if you google it, if i decide to make one i'll post a kernel update package but since it works great for me as is i doubt it will happen within the next few days. It's not a priority for me.

Guest Snap.IT

Hi,

I'm trying to update some apps on my phone (e.g. Facebook), but I'm getting an error message that I don't have enough storage available. Looking at the applications in the parameters, I still have 77MB available.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening ? Is there any other cache I should clear, and if yes, how ?

Thanks

clear cache.

Guest bezerra

Either you make a flashable kernel zip to replace the wifi or you compile the whole kernel wifi package from 16/11 with the 24/11 kernel.

Anyone can do this, there are plenty of guides for it if you google it, if i decide to make one i'll post a kernel update package but since it works great for me as is i doubt it will happen within the next few days. It's not a priority for me.

Ok, thanks!

But i am note sure about the differences in wifi from 16/11 to 24/11 because konstat already said that have no difference about wifi...

Edited by bezerra

Guest Snap.IT

Ok, thanks!

But i am note sure about the differences in wifi from 16/11 to 24/11 because konstat already said that have no difference about wifi...

The change is in the CM code.

Guest snowbord

Ok been out of the loop for a while, mostly following the Jiayu G3 / G2S news.. even gone off the Huawei G300.

I am however still stuck with a ZTE Blade so this is the device of choice to keep tweaking until those gain traction.

I am shocked to find out that video decoding is listed as working!!? Is this fact? How stable is this ROM now?

Edited by snowbord

Guest bezerra

The change is in the CM code.

What is the change? wifi on 16/11realease is better why?

Please tell me because i can't understand...

Edited by bezerra

I foresee complaints about Youtube HQ and HW decoding.

This is what you'll lose by reverting to 16/11:

24.11. changelog:

video playback improvents by Ganster (HTML5 streaming video, divx harware decoding, etc)

18.11. changelog:

fixed hardware video decoding (e.g. YouTube HQ, thanks to Ganster and everyone involved)

Apply Youtube HQ patch from KonstaT (search this thread for the patch) over 16.11 ROM. ROM is very stable and Youtube HQ works. May be S/W encoding, but it works without any issues.

Guest flavio88

many thanks :)

Wich one i should install?

Just one more thing. My ZTE Blade was bought with GEN 1, but i updated it to 2.2 (the official one), and Mr.Pig now says i have a GEN 2 phone. So, i can only install GEN 2 roms, right?

Apply Youtube HQ patch from KonstaT (search this thread for the patch) over 16.11 ROM. ROM is very stable and Youtube HQ works. May be S/W encoding, but it works without any issues.

is there camera preview bug in that release? or was it in that release that Konsta fixed the CTS breaking "hacks"?

i don't know why, but when i move between the home screens, the phone very often still freeze on milliseconds, it's not continuously, and jump on the next screen... in CM9 isn't it

Guest raizor6th

Should i do the TPT with original recover or should i install the clockwork first and do it from there?

you can't do any tpt from clockwork, just choose your desired tpt and it will install also clockwork.