[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Snap.IT

I have to say, once I turn on Developer Options and put tick boxes in both Disable HW Overlays and Force GPU Rendering, the device does run a lot smoother and faster... but it is prone to spurious reboots. I don't mind that so much, it's experimental and in a way, exciting.

You don't mind random reboots?

You change settings and while it's smooth it just randomly reboots and that is no big problem?

Your settings don't do much of anything either, force GPU accel does sheit all in any version on the blade.

Guest galorin

You don't mind random reboots?

You change settings and while it's smooth it just randomly reboots and that is no big problem?

Your settings don't do much of anything either, force GPU accel does sheit all in any version on the blade.

I won't dignify this with a response.

Reading back a few pages, I wonder if the Google Now fixes from the Skate forum work for me. The last time around, Google Now was just closing out without providing feedback, and the Google search that I had was giving me an error message. May be hope for me yet. Can never seem to make the initial connection to Play while at work for some odd reason.

Guest tilal6991

As I said to someone else you can't flash Konstats gapps first before mine. You should format system, install the rom and then my gapps.

Guest Loren82

Before I talk about TomG, and appears before xD

Merge "blade: enable WebGL" into ics

TomGiordano authored 14 hours ago Gerrit Code Review committed 14 hours ago

great!, although there will not be so modified WebGL

Edited by Loren82

Guest galorin

As I said to someone else you can't flash Konstats gapps first before mine. You should format system, install the rom and then my gapps.

That's what I have done, I do a factory reset in CWM, flash KonstaKang's ROM, then your hacked gapps, then boot the device. I go through the whole login procedure, and that's where I can't proceed while at work.

I have a problem at work in that I can't make the first connections to the Play store, and no data coverage, barely any regular cell signal let alone reliable data, so I can flash all I like. I have no knowledge of how to install the voice search apk without access to a file manager, for which I need access to the market or some other way of installing. If I can do it in the terminal emulator, that would be brilliant, not allowed to do things like set up ADB on my work PC, so no adb push. If I have missed anything, I'd love to know. Work colleague has a Xoom with JB nighly from Team EOS. Now! doesn't work on his device, I'd love to be able to get Now working here, after all, I pushed him in the Android tablet direction.

When I have tried it at home (Not with the latest from Konsta, so don't want to make any final declarations), Google Now just quits, if you like, I can deliver a logcat if attempts with 7.25 fail, but I'm on holiday for the next few days. Probably be a new release out by the time I get back, and all this may be moot.

Guest KonstaT

Friday the 14th September 2012 at exactly 17:24:01 GMT.

Yeah, that sounds about right. ;)

Please keep posts on topic and respectful to other members.

If I see any more post reports i'm going to start handing out warnings.

MoDaCo is about being welcoming and friendly to ALL levels of users - please uphold our values.

P

What happened here? Damn, I must have missed some great entertainment. :P

I have to say, once I turn on Developer Options and put tick boxes in both Disable HW Overlays and Force GPU Rendering, the device does run a lot smoother and faster... but it is prone to spurious reboots. I don't mind that so much, it's experimental and in a way, exciting.

Yeah, I have those ticked too but it doesn't affect much. Are you overclocking? I haven't had a single random reboot and I've had this on daily use for about a week. Can you post a logcat?

Can someone reupload the videofix?

Why? It's not needed anymore. Just flash the ROM from yesterday.

Before I talk about TomG, and appears before xD

That's for ICS.

That's what I have done, I do a factory reset in CWM, flash KonstaKang's ROM, then your hacked gapps, then boot the device. I go through the whole login procedure, and that's where I can't proceed while at work.

You actually have to literally format system (mounts & storage -> format system). Just factory reset won't remove gapps because they're in the system partition.

Guest Snap.IT
What happened here? Damn, I must have missed some great entertainment. :P

PWD and not being as nice as i usually am. ;)

I wanted to put a few fixes in but don't worry, i can never remember my CM10 password when drunk. :D

Guest KonstaT

Bunch of qcom stuff got merged last night and that pretty much breaks our device. You need couple of new extra hacks just to compile and the build is still broken. Reverting the changes from hardware/qcom/display might help.

I wouldn't bother making self builds at least in next couple of days. :P

Guest MiniDemonic

Tilal, your modified gapps works but the voice search inside Google Now does not.

When I try to use the voice search it instantly says "Didn't catch that. Try speaking again.", it's not a big deal for me as there is no Swedish voice search and randomly talking English in the phone is kinda awkward. Search and issuing commands with the text field works great, thanks for your work!

logcat:

http://pastebin.com/ist8JUTS

Guest tilal6991

Yeah. Google Voice inside doesn't work due to an ARMv7 lib needed. You need to use the workaround app. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid.

Guest tilal6991

Yeah. Google Voice inside doesn't work due to an ARMv7 lib needed. You need to use the workaround app. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid.

Guest styrofoam

hello KonstaT,

I have an app that I use a lot, which runs on CM9 but not compatible with CM10 (app Societe Generale, my bank)!

Is it normal that some apps do not work on JB? Or is this a bug?

It's just a question and not a critic, of course! :-)

Guest FranciscoMSM

KonstaT can you put here the video fix? i prefer de previous release, it's less laggy than the yesterday's release idk why, the launcher and the notification bar are slower in this release so i'm using the other

Guest reload99

The battery duration on this ROM is better than battery duration of Cyanogenmod 7.2? What's the difference between GAAPs medium and Full? The latest version of this ROM is the one which is in the first page?

Guest sej7278

http://www.xda-devel...xy-ace-and-gio/

Always so heart warming to see full credit of your work being given to someone else. :P

Not even a link is given to this thread over at XDA. Thanks a lot matt4321!

pretty typical for XDA, where a "ROM" is just theming someone else's work. funny that he mentioned bullshitMaclaw too

i don't see the point of his thread at all, it might as well just consist of a link to this thread and then be locked.

i was looking at the "porting tutorial" on there a while back and apparently all it takes to get from AOSP sources to a complete CM10 on your phone is to run extract-files.sh

Guest Mtman1

Did matt4321 even ask your permission to post it on xda? He could of at least posted a link to the original thread here at modaco...

Guest Snap.IT

pretty typical for XDA, where a "ROM" is just theming someone else's work. funny that he mentioned bullshitMaclaw too

i don't see the point of his thread at all, it might as well just consist of a link to this thread and then be locked.

i was looking at the "porting tutorial" on there a while back and apparently all it takes to get from AOSP sources to a complete CM10 on your phone is to run extract-files.sh

Wait, Maclaw released a fully ICS version that had no bugs and that was over a year ago... or well... he's gonna do that any day now, he just needs some more donations.

Guest Snap.IT

http://www.xda-devel...xy-ace-and-gio/

Always so heart warming to see full credit of your work being given to someone else. :P

Not even a link is given to this thread over at XDA. Thanks a lot matt4321!

fsck XDA, and i do mean that literally. ;)

They are getting lower and lower on the scale with devs that never deliver and always ask for donations, a good fsck would clean the bins over there.

Guest birdibird

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that S2E isn't JB compatible yet so I tried this. I copied the Mounts2SD script to /data/local/userinit.d/ instead, so it is preserved during ROM updates (/system/etc/init.d/ gets overwritten). Seems to do it's job, but I haven't found any way to configure it yet. :P Quite bad if you wan't to switch to something else...

I quite like the Mounts2SD with the aurora installer. Works fine!

edit: I hope you'll find a way to configure it in /data

Edited by birdibird