[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest derpy

Wow, thanks Konstat this rom is very fast, but have a tiny lag...

The web browser is very fast

The multitask managar is more stable and fast than ICS

I think this rom will be the best of our device!

Sorry the bad language... :)

Guest docck

Is FM & caamera working?

Maybe you'd better try to read very first post in this thread and you'll know everything what work and what don't work in this rom

Edited by docck

Guest FranciscoMSM

Today I flashed one patch which is to S2E to CM9 on CM10 and it works perfectily! You must do the reboot manually! I don't know how to put the file here xD

Guest herzblutnord

i'm using CM9 on my Zte Blade at the moment and can't wait for your rom to get Stable to get CM10 ^ ___ ^

is it true, that i can Update from Android 4.0.4 to 4.1 (cm9 to cm10) without deleting data/apps?

(sorry for my bad english)

Guest Imago Otti

i'm using CM9 on my Zte Blade at the moment and can't wait for your rom to get Stable to get CM10 ^ ___ ^

is it true, that i can Update from Android 4.0.4 to 4.1 (cm9 to cm10) without deleting data/apps?

Must remember no wipe, no whine :P

Guest MiniDemonic

You can try, but don't whine if it doesn't work.

Easiest would be to use Titanium Backup to backup and restore all your apps. (Titanium Backup can backup the settings aswell, so you won't lose your game progress and so on)

Guest herzblutnord

i would not whine! XD

okay i will use then Titanium, just in case :)

thx

Edited by herzblutnord

Guest docck

Today I flashed one patch which is to S2E to CM9 on CM10 and it works perfectily! You must do the reboot manually! I don't know how to put the file here xD

You can share it thru any file sharing service like mediafire and post link here

Guest ElrOnDPT

Great rom!

I just installed the 27/07 build and it is indeed faster already than the previous ICS roms.

One thing I noted is that audio routing is broken on Skype. If you try to do a call the sound gets routed to the speaker, and selecting the earpiece option doesn't change the sound output. This can be tested just by installing skype and doing the "test call", during which its possible to choose the sound output.

I'll try to test some previous builds to see if this problem was present on those :)

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Guest ElrOnDPT

Just to add that this "skype" problem did not happen in the previous ICS roms, but can be "managed" by using the app "earpiece" that allows forcing all audio output to the earpiece.

Cheers,

Guest thewild

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. I use GPS mainly for tracking and I haven't noticed this. Can you get a logcat? How does the connection get cut off? Connection gets dropped or you're still connected but data doesn't move?

I don't think there is any difference in mine and CFX device trees that could explain this. Maybe some issue in upstream CM9/10 code that has appeared after the latest CFX builds?

I can confirm that I have this exact same issue in your 4.0.4 kang.

I can also post a logcat if you want.

Guest vasiloy

Just to add that this "skype" problem did not happen in the previous ICS roms, but can be "managed" by using the app "earpiece" that allows forcing all audio output to the earpiece.

Cheers,

It might be due to jb incompatibility like in viber's case. I suggest reading the update log from google play first.

Guest KonstaT

I can confirm that I have this exact same issue in your 4.0.4 kang.

I can also post a logcat if you want.

You could try using this as your /system/etc/gps.conf. It's the only thing that I can think of that's different in cfx that's related in anyway.

I tested this again with few different apps and I still can't reproduce it.

I tested this ROM and it's really impressive. However, since I use my phone as a modem via USB tethering, I had to revert to ICS.......will appreciate if native tethering via USB is sorted out.

Great work you are doing Konsta....KUDOS!

Guest emc02

I may have solved a similar problem today. Data connection got switched on and off, the icon was grey showing arrows up and down and sometimes took a very long time to recover....

When solving the MMS problem it turned out to be a problem with APN under mobile networks. I don't know how many times i changed it back and fourth but eventually it works. My provider is Telia in sweden.

Might be a clue, might be nothing.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this is on CM9, and as you mentioned in a previous post, i too did not have this problem with tilal's release.

You could try using this as your /system/etc/gps.conf. It's the only thing that I can think of that's different in cfx that's related in anyway.

I tested this again with few different apps and I still can't reproduce it.

Yesterday I tried to change some settings in APN like SaintSatan said. I changed the Port from not defined to 8001, the APN-Protocol to IPv4/IPv6 and the autenticationtype to "PAP or CHAP" (everything else unchanged)

till today I had no disconnection related to using Apps with GPS (and had GPS enabled of course)

so this problem could be a very strange and difficult interaction of APN settings, ISP and GPS usage... but it did definitely not appear in tilals builds

now for me its solved, but its strange anyway ;)

Guest thewild

Yesterday I tried to change some settings in APN like SaintSatan said. I changed the Port from not defined to 8001, the APN-Protocol to IPv4/IPv6 and the autenticationtype to "PAP or CHAP" (everything else unchanged)

till today I had no disconnection related to using Apps with GPS (and had GPS enabled of course)

so this problem could be a very strange and difficult interaction of APN settings, ISP and GPS usage... but it did definitely not appear in tilals builds

now for me its solved, but its strange anyway ;)

I can confirm that just switching from IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6 solves the issue for me !

I had a custom gps.conf so after Konstat's message I thought it could be the problem, but I restored all my settings and it is still working.

Thanks a lot guys !

Guest android@sam

Can you fix a youtube hq at the future?

It will be never possible because of the missing openMAX support for armv6 in both ICS and jb.

Guest Hangyamester

It will be never possible because of the missing openMAX support for armv6 in both ICS and jb.

openmax is the only way?

Edited by Hangyamester