[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest android@sam

openmax is the only way?

Yes.For HQ video.it needs to be hardware accelerated. And it needs the openmax libs which we don't have.

Guest Hangyamester

Yes.For HQ video.it needs to be hardware accelerated. And it needs the openmax libs which we don't have.

And mp4 and avi support?

Guest ddudas

And mp4 and avi support?

openmax is a set of low-level multimedia kernels, and it's video codecs are responsible for H264 and MP4 HW accelerated decoding.

Guest Hangyamester

openmax is a set of low-level multimedia kernels, and it's video codecs are responsible for H264 and MP4 HW accelerated decoding.

So I never can see any moovies on my blade with ICS and this rom? Or can I run 320*240 videos with any issues?

It depends on the codecs / compression options used in the video, you may be able to software decode them.

H.264 baseline 640x360 videos play fine in software for me (using MX Player). It's near 100% cpu usage though, and I'm overclocked (see sig). If video playback is important to you, you should stick to gingerbread.

Guest vasiloy

Only one request, KonstaT: could you please lower the in-call volume in the next build as it is extremely loud (i.e. at the lower end I can hold the phone on a table and still hear "speaker like" the other person). Besides this you are doing an awesome job with this, the rom is great even in it's early phase. Thanks a lot.

Edited by vasiloy

Guest dbcooperdk

Hi there, was wondering if this ROM has the same problem with wifi not turning off when entering sleep that your CM9 ROM has?

ps. Thank you for the great ROMS!

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

I want to see this ROM when it has Project Butter 100% functional!!!!! I already use this as my daily ROM.

Sincerely this ROM in my ZTE Blade is faster than my CM9 Nightlies on my Samsung Galaxy S2, and i think that if you put Blade and Galaxy S3 side by side (Samsung S3 in Stock ROM), i think blade returns to Home faster than S3...

Edited by andr0idbeliev3r

Guest ElrOnDPT

The rom is quite fast indeed, the only "major" hickup is the flickering effect along with no video playback.

Once that is resolved I believe its easily the best rom ever for the Blade for those who can spare the camera and HQ playing.

I supose the camera will eventually get to the same point as it was on ICS so this Jelly Bean rom will give an extra boost to our Blades lives :)

Guest Hangyamester

I don't want to format dalvin catch and etc. Beacuse I don't want to download my apps again! I have got a 2.3.7 custom rom. Is it problem to change to this rom? Or must format all?

Guest Felsch

And after hard work I gotten CM10 compiled myself :). (turned out I downloaded the wrong zte prop drivers... and then everything else will fail).

Btw, do you guys also have problems connecting to wifi ? each time I try it, it seems to find the network, but refuses to connect to it, saying it's isn't in range.

@Hangyamester, you MUST delete al user data. You can't take stuff from 2.3.7 to 4.1.1. You are free to try tho, but data loss can happen. If you want to try this rom, I suggest you wipe and start again. Or as a lot of ppl are saying: no wipe, no whine!. Using a app like titanium backup can maybe help you, but I am not sure about that.

Guest xgt001

Hi

first of thanks to KonstaT, amazing work! the smoothest rom. Multitasking switcher works way better now. All the transitions are just great!

A question : is there a way to reduce flickering/turn off completely hidden somewhere in the settings? or should I just wait for an update?? :)

Guest shezar

Hi

first of thanks to KonstaT, amazing work! the smoothest rom. Multitasking switcher works way better now. All the transitions are just great!

A question : is there a way to reduce flickering/turn off completely hidden somewhere in the settings? or should I just wait for an update?? :)

Just wait for it, the flickering is a side effect caused by the libs used to speed up the UI. At this moment the choice is between smooth or fast UI.

Guest jpop79

As to flickering guys try: performance >surface improvement>fix color binding and blur effect. Worked for me

+restart :)

Edited by jpop79

Guest shezar

As to flickering guys try: performance >surface improvement>fix color binding and blur effect. Worked for me

Well it didn't fix it, but certainly better now, thanks for the tip (btw I thought I used dithering 2 but I realized I didn't, thanks for that, too :) )

Guest frake65

5. Compile the ROM.

cd path-to/CM10_WORK_DIR/

. build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_blade-userdebug

make bacon -j8

Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 5 to do a new build.

Sej's intructions on building CM9 might also help.

Really appreciate your work! Just got the whole package built for me, but ended with a very large zip file including all the standard stuff.

What are you leaving out and where in your make process do you reduce the number of files? Do you just edit the generated zip files?

Guest jpop79

Well it didn't fix it, but certainly better now, thanks for the tip (btw I thought I used dithering 2 but I realized I didn't, thanks for that, too :) )

OK it'll sound as some voodoo magic but bear with me. Put performance >surface improvement on default and switch off developer options if on and reboot. After reboot switch on developer options and turn off all animation scaling tick HW and GPU reboot. After reboot HW overlays will be unticked go to performance>surface improvement and choose 3rd option go to homescreen it should flicker switch off developer option leaving everything untouched go to homescreen still flickering. Now! Press power button switch the screen off then on. Tada! On the side note mine is over clocked to 691 smartassv2 and again every blade a bit different this worked for me hope it'll work for you swell :)

Guest shezar

OK it'll sound as some voodoo magic but bear with me. Put performance >surface improvement on default and switch off developer options if on and reboot. After reboot switch on developer options and turn off all animation scaling tick HW and GPU reboot. After reboot HW overlays will be unticked go to performance>surface improvement and choose 3rd option go to homescreen it should flicker switch off developer option leaving everything untouched go to homescreen still flickering. Now! Press power button switch the screen off then on. Tada! On the side note mine is over clocked to 691 smartassv2 and again every blade a bit different this worked for me hope it'll work for you swell :)

Lol that's voodoo for sure but I'll try :D

Well it does not work. But thinking logically, it shouldn't work. :) Thanks anyways. :) (By the way I'm quite happy this way, too)

Edited by shezar

Guest jpop79

Lol that's voodoo for sure but I'll try :D

Well it does not work. But thinking logically, it shouldn't work. :) Thanks anyways. :) (By the way I'm quite happy this way, too)

Try ticking back HW overlays after reboot and was it unticked after reboot 'cos mine was.. Well if you happy with what you got maybe you got it the way i do. :) See when you told me that it didn't work after my first post ive put mine on default in surface improvement and got flickering back. puted on the third option - wouldn't go away so i remembered that i was fiddling with those two options 'performance' and 'developer option'. did that sequence above and got rid of it. its a shame it didnt help you i hated that flickering. :)