[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest raizor6th

great work! i already tested it and it was awesome though it is noted as not for every day use yet. so will have to keep my eyes on this rom. keep it up!

Guest xgt001

anybody got S2E or mount2sd working?? It is the only missing thing apart from cam to completely switch from GB / ICS !! :)

The flickering is much less after selecting colour band and blur effect fix in surface improvement

Guest 劉楓爻

this is about how to get s2e works on Ur blade.

it's seems like that there still are many guys ask how to get XXX2SD work or something else. may be u would like to try my way to gets2e works!

remember CFX rom? on that thread, a guy named ***(sorry,i forgot :ph34r: ) post a package named 'simple2ext-v5.zip' which will get CFX rom wroks well with s2e.so, i pick it up. i just replace the s2e app with the old one(cause newer will check if Ur rom is cm7 or cm9 wich we dont expected), and it works on my blade. oh, of cause, i signed the package already.

so, just flash the bellow package via recovery and reboot.

here is the package: simple2ext-jellybean-signed.zip http://www.mediafire...3ppatwaeba3n34d

and good luck!

one more thing, thx to that guy which name i just forgot. :D

NOTE: if U got more than one times "reboot is required", just ignore, it already worked.

Edited by 劉楓爻

Guest ..Abel..

The Nexus One, along with the other first generation Snapdragon devices (devices with the QSD8x50, MSM7x25, MSM7x27 and MSM7x27T SoCs), will not be supported beyond the CM 7.x (Gingerbread) branch.

We’ve been holding off on finalizing this, looking for ways that we could make this work and be happy with the release. Sadly, it never panned out, and we’ve decided that it’s time to stop our efforts.

-CM team

Guest mitchde

Question: I came from 4.0.4 ROM (burstlam) where i used LINK2SD for sd-ext. Worked always perfect.

I did full wipe (also formated sd-ext) and installed 27.07. ICS JB.

LINK2SD installed and after first usage (reboot) moved some apps (clean installed from PlayStore) to sd-ext. LINK2SD said / shows correct moved / no errors.

But this moved apps all crashing ("unexpected quit") at starting those.

Is there an general problem using LINK2SD with JB?

Edited by mitchde

Guest Loren82

Well, it seems that the dream is to finish, this has been published Cyanogen team half an hour ago :(

The Nexus One, along with the other first generation Snapdragon devices (devices with the QSD8x50, MSM7x25, MSM7x27 and MSM7x27T SoCs), will not be supported beyond the CM 7.x (Gingerbread) branch.

We’ve been holding off on finalizing this, looking for ways that we could make this work and be happy with the release. Sadly, it never panned out, and we’ve decided that it’s time to stop our efforts.

The Nexus One in particular would have required a custom hboot to repartition the internal memory (which itself was limited to 512 MB, like most devices of that generation) and the proprietary libs available (from 2.3) would have required compromises in the CyanogenMod code that we are not willing to make. The wide variety of MSM7x2x(T) devices, on top of these problems, also have a complete lack of media libraries that are compatible with the new APIs introduced in ICS (video decoding and encoding, specifically). The pieces just aren’t there.

Does the capability to run ICS or Jellybean exist on these devices? Yes, with enough time, effort, and hacks it can be made to work. Do we feel the experience is worth all of that? No.

To measure our releases, we use the same subjective criteria as users do: “speed”, “jank”, “butter”, but also factor in user experience (UX) and other intangibles. However, beyond this is something that we can (and do) use as a ‘pass or fail’ mechanism, the Android Compatibility Test Suite. The CTS is used by device manufacturers to ensure that their changes to Android source do not break Android API, platform and other standards. This, in turn, brings stability to the Play Store for app developers. Breaking CTS would lead to a bad and inconsistent experience for app devs, which in turn would lead to a bad experience for you guys as users. If CyanogenMod was perceived to be blatantly violating CTS, developers could eventually blacklist CyanogenMod users from using their apps (or worse, Google could blacklist CyanogenMod from the Play Store altogether). No one would win by going down that path.

If, in the future, a solution is found that passes CTS, we will revisit the topic.

For users that are adamant about trying to run ICS and beyond, options exist. We are not going to recommend other builds however, as they are more than likely breaking CTS, and therefore our quality assurance standards as well. You can find them if you look in the usual places.

-The CyanogenMod Team

Edited by Loren82

Guest MiniDemonic

Question: I came from 4.0.4 ROM (burstlam) where i used LINK2SD for sd-ext. Worked always perfect.

I did full wipe (also formated sd-ext) and installed 27.07. ICS JB.

LINK2SD installed and after first usage (reboot) moved some apps (clean installed from PlayStore) to sd-ext. LINK2SD said / shows correct moved / no errors.

But this moved apps all crashing ("unexpected quit") at starting those.

Is there an general problem using LINK2SD with JB?

Use Mounts2SD instead, there is a link to it 2 posts above yours.

Guest shezar

-The CyanogenMod Team

So what? The CM team had nothing to do with our CM9 release but we had it despite that. This news does not make any difference at all.

By the way, funny to see that the Blade has better JellyBean functionality than my Tenderloin, lol :)

Guest shmizan

So what? The CM team had nothing to do with our CM9 release but we had it despite that. This news does not make any difference at all.

By the way, funny to see that the Blade has better JellyBean functionality than my Tenderloin, lol :)

yeah it's true, but I think the end is near.. I'm sure a lot of devs are running out of power fighting the code and hacks that are needed to make it work (I know I would).

I suspect an upgrade (native JB preferred) is imminent

Guest Snap.IT

Well, it seems that the dream is to finish, this has been published Cyanogen team half an hour ago :(

The Nexus One in particular would have required a custom hboot to repartition the internal memory (which itself was limited to 512 MB, like most devices of that generation) and the proprietary libs available (from 2.3) would have required compromises in the CyanogenMod code that we are not willing to make. The wide variety of MSM7x2x(T) devices, on top of these problems, also have a complete lack of media libraries that are compatible with the new APIs introduced in ICS (video decoding and encoding, specifically). The pieces just aren’t there.

Does the capability to run ICS or Jellybean exist on these devices? Yes, with enough time, effort, and hacks it can be made to work. Do we feel the experience is worth all of that? No.

To measure our releases, we use the same subjective criteria as users do: “speed”, “jank”, “butter”, but also factor in user experience (UX) and other intangibles. However, beyond this is something that we can (and do) use as a ‘pass or fail’ mechanism, the Android Compatibility Test Suite. The CTS is used by device manufacturers to ensure that their changes to Android source do not break Android API, platform and other standards. This, in turn, brings stability to the Play Store for app developers. Breaking CTS would lead to a bad and inconsistent experience for app devs, which in turn would lead to a bad experience for you guys as users. If CyanogenMod was perceived to be blatantly violating CTS, developers could eventually blacklist CyanogenMod users from using their apps (or worse, Google could blacklist CyanogenMod from the Play Store altogether). No one would win by going down that path.

If, in the future, a solution is found that passes CTS, we will revisit the topic.

For users that are adamant about trying to run ICS and beyond, options exist. We are not going to recommend other builds however, as they are more than likely breaking CTS, and therefore our quality assurance standards as well. You can find them if you look in the usual places.

-The CyanogenMod Team

That last line is the only one of interest to us, it was decided that it would never go official a long time ago when QC said they do not intend to release the OMX drivers.

We have several devs here working on this, don't disregard the efforts being made, there isn't any official ICS for blade either but still, loads of people are developing for it and even more running those devs roms.

With the amount of help i've been handing out on CM forums where none of the mods or devs took any time i'd say that the builds on this forum are superior in both quality and support and in every single other way.

Can i get a YAY for Modaco devs?

Guest shezar

yeah it's true, but I think the end is near.. I'm sure a lot of devs are running out of power fighting the code and hacks that are needed to make it work (I know I would).

I'm not surprised. My blade is over a year old, served me very well (and if i consider it's price, well, I'm actually amazed) and it will server me for some time, too. My only problem with JB is the flickering screen so if that can't be fixed I return to ICS. But actually, if you think about it, ICS was also something of an extra step for the blade, a gift of God (and tilal, TomG, KonstaT and others, of course :) ) if I may say so. It's incredible. I'll only upgrade if my phone dies but that won't be tomorrow.

Actually I'm sure the devs are doing it by pure enthusiasm and if so, they won't give up so easily. It's a challenge and that's the fun in developing a rom. And I can say that if someone used the software I'm working on I'd be happy, too.

Can i get a YAY for Modaco devs?

YAY!!

Edited by shezar

Guest Snap.IT

Let any dev wanting to quit his project say so publically and until they do, you should probably not speak for them.

It's not so much about fighting the code (no more than it was with ICS which was MUCH worse going from GB without official support, in comparison this is the light breeze but people are impatient and this takes time) it's more about the lack of support from HW drivers.

One thing i've learned is never say never, some bright guy like Lalit, burstlam, sej or KonstaT will find a way i didn't think of and you know what, coupled with every other way that every other dev thought of the power of open source compells you.

Guest Snap.IT

I'm not surprised. My blade is over a year old, served me very well (and if i consider it's price, well, I'm actually amazed) and it will server me for some time, too. My only problem with JB is the flickering screen so if that can't be fixed I return to ICS. But actually, if you think about it, ICS was also something of an extra step for the blade, a gift of God (and tilal, TomG, KonstaT and others, of course :) ) if I may say so. It's incredible. I'll only upgrade if my phone dies but that won't be tomorrow.

Actually I'm sure the devs are doing it by pure enthusiasm and if so, they won't give up so easily. It's a challenge and that's the fun in developing a rom. And I can say that if someone used the software I'm working on I'd be happy, too.

YAY!!

There are blades being sold today in Sweden... i'm just saying... obviously there is something different hardware wise since i can't use any of the GEN2 TPT's or KonstaT or the newer r

YAY!!

I got my phone as a GEN3 original ZTE Blade (and no, it's not a libra, this is some kind of bastard) in May.

Love it so far and want more for it but i may make the switch to another phone, only thing i'm sure of is that i will never make a switch to a phone with a QC chipset that is outdated for the latest release when it's sold.

Looking at Nvidia chipsets, looks nice, cheaper, better, faster.

Looking at Nvidia chipsets, looks nice, cheaper, better, faster.

And stucked to gb like optimus dual and motorola atrix? Afaik, they have problems that are similar to our. The Tegra2 chipset for smartphone is not the same chipset that is used on tablet like Asus TF101 or Acer Iconia, only Tegra2 tablet has been updated to ics...

Guest innesness

The CyanogenMod Team stopped being the end-all-be-all a long time ago.

Latest build is lightning quick and smooth as can be. Aside from the already-mentioned slight flickering in Apex & Music this is the best build yet, and more than stable enough for daily use (battery, performance, no freezing/reboots). However after I add new music albums into my SD card, stock music app starts FCing like crazy. Anybody else having this problem?

Guest sej7278

most of that announcement we've already heard before or expected - hell we were unsupported on cm9 and know we'll never get openmax. doesn't mean we didn't get cm10 though did it?! does explain why tom_g's been pretty quiet on the cm10 front.

its a shame that there won't be a central repository like cyanogenmod - scouring github, modaco and xda for armv6 patches is not very practical.

the other thing that stands out is that they seem to be stopping support for 512mb devices, well 1gb devices are quite a lot more expensive and that also rules out the huawei ascend which a lot of us would pick as the post-blade upgrade....

Guest paletuco

YAY for modaco devs!!!!

THANKS A LOT MODACO ZTEBLADE DEVS!!!

I also would like to say that there are a lot of devices that don't have the latest CM10/CM9 official port.Expensive devices like samsung nexus s or samsung galaxy s III yes they have CM10/CM9 official port. The dificult situation is that these devices are too expensive for a lot of people. But perhaps there is no official CM10/CM9 ports for some good and a little cheap devices. So it could be a chance for zteblade modaco developers to switch to another new "zteblade kind" device. Perhaps there is nowadays some good and new devices that are not very expensive and they give a good chance for modaco devs to develop a CM10 ports with a lot of probabilites that everything works perfectly. Perhaps nowadays there is a lot more devices than the time when zteblade appeared and nowadays official CM can't afford ports for all these new devices. I think the important thing is to choose a cheap device.

It's only a humble idea I'm not android developer at all. Perhaps I wouldn't have to post these words...

In my case I will use CM9 an perhaps CM10 for my zteblade for a long time. For me CM9 modace dev for zteblade is enough.

THANKS A LOT MODACO ZTEBLADE DEVS!!!

Edited by paletuco

Guest shmizan
you should probably not speak for them...

...it's more about the lack of support from HW drivers.

I didn't speak for them. the lack of support in the HW front is exactly what I was talking about when I said fighting the code and hacks.

we're pretty much without support from anyone (companies) since GB (the whole kernel source issue, I don't recall you were here).

and I know tommie, tom g, burstlam, and many more all put their best efforts and we had a really good working GB.

next was ICS and there too they all had to put the great effort to make it work (plus lalit).

now we don't even talk about hardware decoding, and JB that should have been a small leap from ICS is still a long and hard way to go.

new android version after another, there's only so much a dev can take.. from my point of view anyway.

as long as they keep going they deserve to get YAYs but it's saddens me to see all this effort being put but not the outcome they deserve..

blame it on ZTE or QC or whatever I just think it's time to move on..

Edited by shmizan

I know that its not relevant to us but Qualcomm has released Adreno drivers for ARM v7......

Lets hope that they also release it for ARM v6 lol

Guest snarkavenger

I'm fascinated by the new MTK6577 processors which have started appearing. I'm hoping since Lenovo have picked them (and the MTK6575) up that there's going to be enough of a customer base to get developers interested.

Guest ElrOnDPT

as long as they keep going they deserve to get YAYs but it's saddens me to see all this effort being put but not the outcome they deserve..

blame it on ZTE or QC or whatever I just think it's time to move on..

The deserved outcome is the praise and joy of all the community who uses the produced roms.

I know that my blade won't be able to run JB as well as a new device, and ironically, because Qualcomm won't give the OMX drivers. That affects HQ play and the camera, the rest is perfectly able to run, and only thanks to the devs who give their best here.

I see your point, yet I think that as long as we have a good community, the effort will be recognized by the hundreds of users who will be daily using these roms :)

Edited by ElrOnDPT