[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

My Alarm didn;t went off... thanks to this rom I now missed some lessons :<...

Anyways... why aren't the alarms working, I am pretty certain there files for alarm .. (checked with adb in /system/audio/alarms)

I had to fiddle with some settings to make my alarms work. Unfortunately I don't know precisely what I changed!

I'm not sure you should be relying on something as obviously WiP as ICS/JB are on the Blade as an alarm for anything important anyway... :)

Edited by targetbsp

ICS is like a clockwork regarding alarms! no problems there.

JB is very strange in that matter. like I said earlier, when I had JB on my Blade, it sometimes made no sounds for SMS at all!

Guest targetbsp

Well TBH, I wouldn't rely on my phone as an alarm full stop. A feature phone perhaps but not something as complex as a smartphone with its increased chances of crashing, or draining its battery if the wrong app is left running. But perhaps I am just too paranoid. :)

Guest The Guvnor

I had this awesome ROM on since day 1 of release. I have also used "Alarmdroid" (free on the store) since day 1. NEVER had an alarm issue and I use it everyday. And when I sleep my phone is on silent. It still goes off no problem.

So maybe something wrong with the defual alam....I dont know, I dont use it.

Guest targetbsp

I had this awesome ROM on since day 1 of release. I have also used "Alarmdroid" (free on the store) since day 1. NEVER had an alarm issue and I use it everyday. And when I sleep my phone is on silent. It still goes off no problem.

So maybe something wrong with the defual alam....I dont know, I dont use it.

I wasn't using the default alarm either. It was a countdown program I was using that uses alarms. So whatever is wrong isn't just the default alarm app.

Yeh my problem lies with the default alarm app. But the fact remains I had to mis some lessons... either way, in previous versions the alarm did work. If I had known there wouldn't be anything to wake me up, I would have use my ds to fullfill that function :). An external app is out of the option as the standard app normally works and I want to save as much space I can :).

anyone know what /system/etc/terminfo is as its new and has added 2.7mb making /system too big to fit in 160mb now.

superuser got smaller.

oh man, what moron added 850kb vim when we already have 60kb nano?!

Edited by sej7278

Hi Konstat, I know it's only a small request and for sure at the end of your to do list, but could you please do an optimisation on the default google search language settings.

It's hl=en hardcoded. And it would be great to have it in the locale language. For me it's de... Thanks a lot!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. My google search defaults to google.fi and system language (I use english) which is annyoing. Google now doesn't work in finnish so I'm not really using it.

oh btw i made a cm10 blade changelog link like your cm7 one, added sony and removed bionic etc: gerrit

There's actually been similar link on top of changelogs for ages. It's easier just to ignore all device and kernel trees instead of listing every oem. It's not like there will be anything happening for our device in jellybean branch. ;)

this patch no longer applies as they changed a comment in libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp - the last line of the below patch, basically just paste in the + bits again to fix it (don't copy'n'paste this as spacing is knackered by the forum):

Small things like that won't slow down git, it's actually quite smart. ;) You can use 3-way merge option even if there's been small changes. It will usually auto-resolve conflicts. With bigger changes, it will give you an option to resolve conflicts manually. Use -3 (--3way) option:

git am -3 patchname.patch[/CODE]

anyone know what /system/etc/terminfo is as its new and has added 2.7mb making /system too big to fit in 160mb now.

superuser got smaller.

oh man, what moron added 850kb vim when we already have 60kb nano?!

Those are copied from external/libncurses but there hasn't been any recent changes. Those started to get copied around the same time as the command line tools were added. I guess one of those needs that stuff.

Superuser is now built from source instead of using a prebuilt apk. It was broken for few days (kept forgetting root access) but seems to work now.

I guess it's time to start removing few dictionaries by default...

Superuser is now built from source instead of using a prebuilt apk. It was broken for few days (kept forgetting root access) but seems to work now.

I guess it's time to start removing few dictionaries by default...

superuser was forgetting root access on my build today, but it was pretty broken due to lack of space i assume (about 36kb free!) although clockworkmod didn't complain, but some apps went missing and trying to reinstall them resulted in "unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!" even though maps worked fine.

yes dictionaries will be the next thing to get trimmed i guess, i'm running out of bloat though :P might take out vim as that needs ncurses, although i guess htop, powertop and nano would too...

p.s. wtf is happening with the quoting on this forum lately, all the smileys are getting printed to the page as base64 lol.

edit: got rid of all non-english dictionaries in LatinIME and system is down to 135mb, so smaller than before all the ncurses crap got added. next thing to think about is using one of these smaller DroidSansFallback.ttf files you find around xda....

Edited by sej7278

how do you make a git patch that tracks deleted files without actually including a massive diff of each file (and can be applied with git --apply)?

i know i've done it before to trim Trebuchet, but now i'm trying to delete a few dictionaries from LatinIME and it comes to a 61mb .patch file!

maybe this is different as its text files not binary files so they aren't diff'ed against /dev/null ?

Edited by sej7278

Guest azidhaka

Those are copied from external/libncurses but there hasn't been any recent changes. Those started to get copied around the same time as the command line tools were added. I guess one of those needs that stuff.

nano, htop and powertop use ncurses to display their "GUIs" in the terminal.

Can I delete unnecessary *.dict files in latinime.apk with a zip-editor, or must they be removed before/during compiling?

that's probably the easiest way to do it. from a compile-time perspective, it seems you've got to:

remove xml files in packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/dictionaries/

remove dict files in packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/java/res/raw/

remove dict files in vendor/cm/overlay/dictionaries/packages/inputmethods/LatinIME/java/res/raw/

gets LatinIME.apk down from 24.4mb to 5.2mb, making /system 122mb - now to see if it still boots lol!

edit: yay! 12mb free in /system, gotta think what i can put back now lol!

superuser works again (seems to have forgotten one app though) and i seem to have a yellowish flash when opening some apps.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Gunnerzz

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E (version 2.2.1) hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be able to update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

This is all you have to do nothing else? Sounds a bit too simple <_<

Guest richardw1992

Flashed this ROM clean 2 days ago after running a rather laggy / glitchy coldfusionx ICS release. Was expecting this to be even worse to be honest, seeing as it is very much still in development stages, however I am very surprised with how nice it feels!

First off it does feel quicker, smoother, slicker, don't know if this is anything to do with 'project butter' or just a cleaner more concise ROM than what I had before.

Apart from what is already mentioned as not working, everything seems to function pretty much as it should with minimal glitches. 3G works, Wifi works, GPS locks quickly, all sensors work etc.

I have however noticed one or two issues I thought I would mention. The new "hot reboot" feature appears to mess up all the settings for my keyboards. I use a 3rd party keyboard not the android one, in fact I uninstall the stock one. But every time I reboot the phone it reverts the default input method to "google voice" and actually disables my 3rd party keyboard, so I have no way of typing anything until I have gone back into settings and enabled it under inputs.

Apart from a few visual artefacts occasionally the only other thing I have noticed is titanium backup pro is very tempermental, everytime I try to uninstall a system app, or restore an old app it just carries on working away for ever, and never completes the task. Eventually results in the app force closing. The non pro version of titanium will however let me uninstall system apps fine.

All in all I am very impressed with the work, please keep it up!

Edit: It's not just the hot reboot feature but in fact just turning the phone on and off in any manor causes input devices to divert back to google voice. Any way to uninstall google voice?

Edited by richardw1992

I think I have the same problem.

I don't think uninstalling Google Voice input will help, in my case after reboot system also TURNS OFF my 3rd party keyboard (SwiftKey) and diverts back to the stock one. So even if you'll uninstal Google Voice your 3rd party keyboard will be OFF so you will have to turn it on manually. I think :-)

No, it`s in internal memory I assume. Information about app says:

Together: 26,16 MB

App: 18,32 MB

App on USB storage: 0,00 B

Data: 88,00 KB

SD card 7,75MB

And "Move to SD" button is greyed out.

I don't think uninstalling Google Voice input will help, in my case after reboot system also TURNS OFF my 3rd party keyboard (SwiftKey) and diverts back to the stock one. So even if you'll uninstal Google Voice your 3rd party keyboard will be OFF so you will have to turn it on manually. I think :-)

how did you manage to get swiftkey installed - i tried it a few times and the settings app crashed when trying to set it as the default.

edit: forget that, the 3.0.4 market version seems to install fine, last time i tried was the 3.0.1 analytics beta as an apk

Edited by sej7278

That's a known issue from swiftkey, compatibility issue with JB. If you take a backup of swiftkey with titanium backup, then uninstall swiftkey with titanium backup and after that restore swiftkey with titanium backup it will work

New build. There's been some progress with camcorder. Calling it working would be an overstatement but at least it now records and saves files (small resolution and slow framerate). If your camcorder still force-closes, clear data for the camera app first. Center clock patch needed some serious rebasing so switched to another similar patch that was easier to handle. You might have to re-enable center clock from the setting again. I did some updates on audio routing to bring it in line with jelly bean hwlegacy. Please report if this makes any difference on silent notifications issue or VoIP routing. I also removed few keyboard dictionaries so that ROM and gapps will easily fit 160mb system with plenty to spare.

cm-10-20120927-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...5r0khnch555ht0o

md5:c764e2fc240a40fc11cf65bc8eac34f3

-camcorder records and saves files (small resolution and framerate)

-removed few LatinIME dictionaries (da, hr, iw, ka, nb)

-updated audio routing strategies

-Clock - right/center/off (1,2)

-NavigationBar: Custom height (1,2)