[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Q: I have an stock part sized internal partition (200 MB system).

Can it be usefull to convert(move) normal app into system app to use more (of the free, ca. 30MB free ) /system space?

Some tools can handle that task.

I know that some space also needed in /data for that moved apps.

I use LINK2SD with sucess but was thinking about to put some of that (moved to ext) on internal /system - maybe higher speed also?

Edited by mitchde

is vsync fixed @konstat??

I'm going to quote myself from elsewhere.

We already have working implementations of vsync in our kernel but for project butter that would mean system wide vsync driven updates in graphics pipeline from kernel to userspace display driver and to what is actually drawn to display.

You would need this on the kernel side:

https://www.codeauro...214d974a7c0cf36

https://www.codeauro...9da560c3ebbf990

And this (or what's between ifdefs here):

https://www.codeauro...34484516711c77d

Unfortunately this is not possible with our hardware. MDP version 3.03 or higher is required when msm7x27 only has 3.00. It still doesn't mean that you can't have smooth UI.

Guest elrond_bs

New build. There's been some progress with camcorder. Calling it working would be an overstatement but at least it now records and saves files (small resolution and framerate).

Great work! Keeps coming closer to ICS functionality :)

Guest richardw1992

I think I have the same problem.

I don't think uninstalling Google Voice input will help, in my case after reboot system also TURNS OFF my 3rd party keyboard (SwiftKey) and diverts back to the stock one. So even if you'll uninstal Google Voice your 3rd party keyboard will be OFF so you will have to turn it on manually. I think :-)

I see what you mean, yes that makes sense now. And I am using Smart Keyboard Pro, every time the phone is turned off it gets disabled and the default enabled, but as I have uninstalled the stock keyboard it means just google voice input is all I have enabled so it tries to make me talk at it every time! Seems this is a minor problem for Jelly Bean then, my keyboard is also not on the SD card.

KonstaT - Haven't tried the new build yet, cam corder isn't important to me right now, and I haven't been having any problems with notifications so far... touch wood! But for future reference, is it safe to flash these new builds straight on top with out wiping data / cache etc and losing everything?

Edit: Also wanted to add I am getting the best battery life out of this ROM I have had in years! Easily getting over 24 hours with medium usage. Personally I rarely need it to last more than 12 hours or so as I charge every night, so good to know the extra capacity is there!

Edited by richardw1992

New build. There's been some progress with camcorder. Calling it working would be an overstatement but at least it now records and saves files (small resolution and slow framerate). If your camcorder still force-closes, clear data for the camera app first. Center clock patch needed some serious rebasing so switched to another similar patch that was easier to handle. You might have to re-enable center clock from the setting again. I did some updates on audio routing to bring it in line with jelly bean hwlegacy. Please report if this makes any difference on silent notifications issue or VoIP routing. I also removed few keyboard dictionaries so that ROM and gapps will easily fit 160mb system with plenty to spare.

cm-10-20120927-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...5r0khnch555ht0o

md5:c764e2fc240a40fc11cf65bc8eac34f3

-camcorder records and saves files (small resolution and framerate)

-removed few LatinIME dictionaries (da, hr, iw, ka, nb)

-updated audio routing strategies

-Clock - right/center/off (1,2)

-NavigationBar: Custom height (1,2)

nice one thanks :)

leaving fully quoted text as this will be on new page :)

Guest targetbsp

Enough messing around with s2e, int2ext...

i think the best option is to odex the rom

and use link2sd to move user apps

Link2SD is the least stable of all the options I've tried. Too much of what it does, gets undone upon boot in Android 4.x. And whilst it has options to resolve that post boot, you're screwed if you don't have enough free data space to handle this happening.

And if you do have enough space, you probably didn't need Ext anyway. :D

Edited by targetbsp

That's a known issue from swiftkey, compatibility issue with JB. If you take a backup of swiftkey with titanium backup, then uninstall swiftkey with titanium backup and after that restore swiftkey with titanium backup it will work

Thanks for the advise, I`ll give it a try today.

Did anybody experience your microphone to be extra sensitive like in the loudspeaker mode?

During random (till now I think it is random) calls (outgoing as I recall) my microphone gives me a little echo-I hear my self with a very little delay in the speaker, and the person on the other side hears even the wind if I talk outside the building. Apart from this the loudspeaker doesn`t turn on during this calls.

Sorry for not perfect English, I hope that you`ll understand what I meant.

Link2SD is the least stable of all the options I've tried. Too much of what it does, gets undone upon boot in Android 4.x. And whilst it has options to resolve that post boot, you're screwed if you don't have enough free data space to handle this happening.

And if you do have enough space, you probably didn't need Ext anyway.

Sorry but I never really got what you meant about these boot issues... If you move the boot script to the place that KonstaT mentioned a few times (somewhere in /data iirc), there is no issue at startup, and you can even have widgets linked or moved to SD with no issues whatsoever.

I definitely have more apps than my partitions allow, some on the SD card, some linked to my ext4 partition, I have widgets from linked apps, and my blade boots just like that...

Again I don't mean to troll or anything, I just don't understand why this app would fail on your blade and work perfectly fine on mine...

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

The way it works, Droid notices you're screwing about with it and moves the Dex and lib files back where it thinks they should be on data. Link2SD then moves tham back again after_startup. You'll see it request superuser access to do this. But if you have so many apps that there isn't enough room to move all that back to data then bang goes your rom! And if you have so few apps that you do have enough room, the inbuilt apps2sd was probably sufficient for your needs anyway.

It seems to work better on GB. I think it might only move the lib files there?

There's more info in Link2SD's FAQ.

Guest elrond_bs

OFFTOPIC

I use Link2SD on GB, and it can move apk, lib and dalvik. I move only the first 2 and only some apps. On every boot I get a warning about low memory on my phone, and actualy have below 1MB free on data. But in 2-3 minutes after boot, the script kicks in and all unnecessary stuff on data (unpacked on boot from apk), which alrady exist on ext, is deleted. And my phone is again with the same amount of free space (70MB) as before reboot. I'm using it for 2 months and had 1 issue (space couldn't be reclaimed after being filled up by installed app), which I solved by restoring backup from clockworkmod.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest targetbsp

OK thanks for your feedback, think I got it now - eventually

But what do you guys do with so many apps installed ?

I collect good games. And then mostly never play them. :S

Guest diogomatos

How can i make a nandroid backup with the ext-sd partition!? I keep getting error and the nandroid get unusable once ir loses all the apps on the partition (as well as the launcher) :x Is there a way to do it?

btw, my notification sound used to work great but from yesterday on it just dont rang ... i tried to change the tone and none of the listed play, even when choosing them!! I have all the sound on the maximum!!

How can i make a nandroid backup with the ext-sd partition!? I keep getting error and the nandroid get unusable once ir loses all the apps on the partition (as well as the launcher) :x Is there a way to do it?

btw, my notification sound used to work great but from yesterday on it just dont rang ... i tried to change the tone and none of the listed play, even when choosing them!! I have all the sound on the maximum!!

sounds problems are known. if you dig a little you'll see more people with problems such as yours.

question is, does it happen with the new 27th build as well?

Guest targetbsp

If you;re using Ext4, you'll need an 'unofficial' compile of clockwork such as this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/356674-recoverygen123-and-idea-blade-fully-working-cwm-6011-touch-stable-308/ because the official blade version isn't new enough

I really don't get why so many people complain about S2E. It is quite simple and failsafe for me. I have been using S2E with tilal6991's cm9 ROMs and with KonstaT's cm10 ROMs for several months now and after numerous upgrades and clean starts I haven't had the slightest difficulty with it.

So here I post my procedure.

I use the touch version of clockworkmod mentioned by targetbsp in the previous post. I use that to format my sd-ext partition.

After flashing the ROM, the google-apps, I flash the simple2ext-v6-jb.zip found here : https://docs.google....QaFU/edit?pli=1

It installs the necessary scripts and the S2E app.

Then I reboot, run the S2E app (it is often a bit slow to start), tell it to move the dalvik-cache and then reboot again.

Finally I restore all my favourite apps and their data using Go Backup.

I know several people say moving the dalvik-cache is bound to slow things down, but with my class 4 microsd I really don't see any speed difference whatever. Besides, having just the dalvik-cache on sd-ext survives nandroid restores better - if the sd-ext fails to restore, the next boot will be a little longer as it rebuilds the dalvik-cache in the right place (that is, on sd-ext) and I'm back in business.

very good rom!

The only thing missing is working automatic backlight.

I think there is only a small bug,because it works with 5 or less custom light steps, but all steps above 5 are ignored.

Maybe simple to find and change?!