[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest HDuser

I have also a huge battery drain, but not from latest build.

My phone runs only around 24h and i use it very rarely - my digitizer is broken :-(

Google Maps is the number one battery sucker, around 40% - Goggle Now calculates way to home/work/what ever...maybe that´s not only my "problem". You can disable that in Now settings.

Thanks i will try that

Dont worry too much about it, I had the same doubts but switched to this nevertheless and never been happier. I mean there are still some pending issues, but nothing major. Why dont you take a NANDroid backup of ICS, then switch to this one for a couple of days, if you dont like it, just switch back. JB is pretty stable and I personally find it way more appealing than ICS

OK, thanks for the advise, will do that... Edited by bbdoc

Guest jonmac73

Hi, how can I test I have EXT partition working OK ?

Have installed S2E zip via CWM from various threads and S2E reports a partition now. Do I have to manually move everything to SD card ? Tried moving SD card apps back to phone and still uses system storage (this is what I did in SSRLS7 and phone thought apps were in system but actually in EXT).

Sry if not describing this is right terms - happy using CWM etc. but getting to point of needing idiot's guide for this bit ! Thanks

BTW very impressed with ROM - seems faster/smoother than SSRLS7 and runs evrything I have tried so far no probs.

Edited by jonmac73

Guest sej7278

Try what I did : remove everything from your SD card BUT your MP3s. Media Scanner found them then. I then put back all my stuff (iGo data, swftkey data, clockwork backups, etc....), and it broke media scanning again. As I said in a previous post, the media scanener in JB seems to hang scanning some files on the card while ICS as no problem with them.

i wonder if its igo8 that's breaking it (maybe it crashes trying to scan large maps or something stupid) as it sounds like you have exactly the same sdcard contents as i do lol.

Guest thewild

i wonder if its igo8 that's breaking it (maybe it crashes trying to scan large maps or something stupid) as it sounds like you have exactly the same sdcard contents as i do lol.

;)

Might be iGo indeed, but I have it installed for ages and only have this media scanning problem with JB.

Back on SS RLS7 by the way, and loving it ! ;)

Guest Moonvalley11

Hi, how can I test I have EXT partition working OK ?

Have installed S2E zip via CWM from various threads and S2E reports a partition now. Do I have to manually move everything to SD card ? Tried moving SD card apps back to phone and still uses system storage (this is what I did in SSRLS7 and phone thought apps were in system but actually in EXT).

Sry if not describing this is right terms - happy using CWM etc. but getting to point of needing idiot's guide for this bit ! Thanks

BTW very impressed with ROM - seems faster/smoother than SSRLS7 and runs evrything I have tried so far no probs.

Nope, S2E is basically for moving some part of the applications that reside on the phone memory, to a separate partition on the SD card. Its not the same as moving applications to the SD card through app2sd or from the app info page. Both can work together, providing even more free space on the device.

Install KonstaT's S2E hack for JB, just install it.

After you install S2E, just start it up, give it root access, and wait while it loads up for the first time.

If on the first screen, it shows the EXT partition as blank (EXT: --), go to settings, check Mount as ext4, and if you want, you can set a buffer size as well (use 2MB, it works out better, dunno why :P )

Even if it shows your ext partition info but the options below are greyed out, just follow the above steps.

Reboot your phone.

Start up S2E,

select what you want to move to EXT.

Word of caution, Its better not to move the dalvik cache, slows the phone down.

Once you are done selecting, reboot once again and you're good to go :)

Download link and instructions in KonstaT's original post :)

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E (version 2.2.1) hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be able to update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

Guest dexa101

The new ZTE Acqua has ICS and nice FM Radio app pre-installed, just wondering anyone out there know how to rip this FM radio app from Acqua and intergrate into Cm 10 or CM 9?

Guest b3rvirus

Might be iGo indeed, but I have it installed for ages and only have this media scanning problem with JB.

Back on SS RLS7 by the way, and loving it !

I'm not using iGo, and I have media scanning problem too...

well I got 16gb class10 card and there's a lot of data, including sygic map and I dont know which is causing the problem

or maybe 16gb is too big to be scanned?

Guest Camacha

I just upgraded from CM7.1 (2.3.7) and I must say, the improvements are amazing. The flashing process never was easier (though that might have been because it's been a while ;) ) and the performance has never been better. The interface is really smooth as ehm... butter, only when loading apps it's noticable it's still the good old Blade. It feels like a stable release. Wonderful effort, a lot of thanks for this amazing software that'll give the aging Blade a new lease on life. I can't imagine all the work that has gone into this, but it's a different phone altogether.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work quite like it should is the panorama function: I get these weird black patches and also a lot of artefacting in the app and a bit in the pictures. Not sure if this is fixable; if not I'd live with it comfortably, but it was a bit of a surprise since panorama was said to be working. Otherwise the only things not working are Youtube HD, but that was clearly mentioned and is totally workable, and the camcorder, which was a bit wonky anyway.

Again, great work!

post-834428-0-18166400-1349514480_thumb.

Edited by Camacha

Guest gerhardo

What size do you use for the /system partition?

The recommended min size with gapps is 160MB. I had 167 Mb, but after installing, I only had 0.2MB left. The phone worked fine irst, but after activating s2e it works weird (notifications not working at all, nothing hapens when pressing Home etc, web browser crashes when starting etc).

Guest Snap.IT

I'm not using iGo, and I have media scanning problem too...

well I got 16gb class10 card and there's a lot of data, including sygic map and I dont know which is causing the problem

or maybe 16gb is too big to be scanned?

Nope, i have two cards, 16 and 32 GB and both work fine with the media scanning so size doesn't matter.

Guest Loki86

My blade was sold Gen1 and i use tpt to change in gen2 but i can't remember what version i use

how can i see my partion? i want to update to ics or jb but i need to know thi s information

My blade was sold Gen1 and i use tpt to change in gen2 but i can't remember what version i use

how can i see my partion? i want to update to ics or jb but i need to know thi s information

Type "df" in terminal emulator.

Guest snakewhisper

Hey Konsta awesome work bringing this rom to our devices, i noticed a problem in the lock screen shortcuts when i try to use a direct dial to a contact. In the setup screen it shows as being there but then in the lock screen the spot that i assign it to it's empty.

Guest snakewhisper

Thanks for your reply, yes i know that,what i'm saying is that everything else works, if i put every other app there it stays where it is supposed to, only the direct dial doesn't.

Edited by snakewhisper

Guest deksman2

Well, I'd just like to report that the battery seems to be doing great on this ROM (though, I am currently using the version from 15.09).

Aside from that, majority of things (except for video playback/recording which is due to lack of OMX drivers sadly) seems to work fine.

Its a real shame about OMX though - I might end up going back to GB at some point because of it - but Qualcom really has no reason, other than pure greed/profit motive to withhold the drivers in question (from a technical point of view, the hardware IS capable).

Guest jonmac73

Nope, S2E is basically for moving some part of the applications that reside on the phone memory, to a separate partition on the SD card. Its not the same as moving applications to the SD card through app2sd or from the app info page. Both can work together, providing even more free space on the device.

Install KonstaT's S2E hack for JB, just install it.

After you install S2E, just start it up, give it root access, and wait while it loads up for the first time.

If on the first screen, it shows the EXT partition as blank (EXT: --), go to settings, check Mount as ext4, and if you want, you can set a buffer size as well (use 2MB, it works out better, dunno why )

Even if it shows your ext partition info but the options below are greyed out, just follow the above steps.

Reboot your phone.

Start up S2E,

select what you want to move to EXT.

Word of caution, Its better not to move the dalvik cache, slows the phone down.

Once you are done selecting, reboot once again and you're good to go

Download link and instructions in KonstaT's original post

Thanks - OK have that working now. Misunderstood it's purpose - won't mess about with all that.

What's the best way to move all my apps to EXT partition as I had previously in SSRLS7 ?? Thanks

Edited by jonmac73

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E (version 2.2.1) hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be able to update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

Hi,

I'm activating S2E for the first time... I have 3 quick questions about it :

- I see this post recommends to check boxes for applications and private app. Does it mean it's not recommended to move application data to SD ?

- Will it move ALL applications to SD (including widgets...) without causing any issue ?

- Is it reversible ?

Thanks

Guest raizor6th

hi, i think i got an unusual problem here with the latest release, i cannot connect to internet when using vpn while in cm10 20120839 and cm9 my vpn works fine. anyone got the same problem here or it is just me? or could anyone tell me what really is the problem with my phone. thanks.

Edited by raizor6th

Guest eterno

Hi,

I'm activating S2E for the first time... I have 3 quick questions about it :

- I see this post recommends to check boxes for applications and private app. Does it mean it's not recommended to move application data to SD ? Yes, it is not. Doing so has a slowing down effect on the phone. Although many disagree to this theory as well. So the best to know is to try it yourself only. For the record, I followed the instructions as they were and have no complaints so far.

- Will it move ALL applications to SD (including widgets...) without causing any issue ? It does not cause any issues at all. Go ahead and try it.

- Is it reversible? Perfectly. Just uncheck the options that you checked when first beginning with S2E and do a reboot.

Thanks

Answers in bold.