[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Hello!

Yesterday i tried this great rom, it's very good.

The only problem i have noticed, that I sometimes lose my data connection if I start maps (GPS). Is there a solution for this problem? I have only read that i'm Not allone with this problem

Edited by .Xam

Guest ..Abel..

hey pls could u add the cmwallpapers ? is apollo updated ? and can u add the new cmbattery mod in the next build ? Thanks ! great job on the last rom ! :)

Guest snakewhisper

2) Lockscreen shortcuts - I can change the slide actions (up/left/right) and they work fine. I can also add actions for up&left and up&right, but they don't appear on the lockscreen. Is this an issue, or am I just being a noob?

It´s not the up&left and up&right, if you try to put apps there it works, i noticied a problem also with the direct dial to a contact with any position you put it on.

Guest deksman2

The 10.10. version seems to work pretty well on my San Francisco (I also partitioned it some time ago to 205MB if I'm not mistaken, so I don't really experience issues with space).

Even the keyboard seems a bit more responsive compared to the last version (but still a bit sluggish in responsiveness - is there a way to optimize or fix that by any chance?).

As for the headphones... they appear to work just fine (there just isn't a visual confirmation/detection from the OS after plugging them in - not really an issue either way).

I was thinking however to move everything (the OS, apps, cache, etc.) to the SD card, any instructions on how to do that?

Since I have a class 4, its not exactly recommended due to speed issues, but I was also thinking on getting a class 10 microsd (have 16GB right now and it seems to be quite enough for me - at least until the 32GB models go cheaper).

Guest KonstaT

Sweet

Any major difference from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/09/heres-whats-new-in-android-4-1-2-at-the-low-level-developer-commit-logs/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/09/new-in-android-4-1-2-expandingcollapsing-notifications-with-one-finger-video/

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/10/getting-to-know-android-4-1-2-a-location-settings-revamp-on-demand-bug-reports-smoother-button-glows-and-more/

From the updater-script: format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

The system partition is formatted before installing. There is a backup of the gapps that is run before the format and restored after the format but all that does is backup and restore the gapps so you won't have to reinstall them after each update. Provided you're using the same gapps package there is no reason to wipe /system before installing and no reason to install gapps again after installing the rom.

True. There's also another script (/system/addon.d/50-cm.sh) that will preserve your hosts file.

1) Headphones - when I plug them in I get sound and the microphone works, but the icon doesn't appear in the notification bar and the buttons on the headphones don't work (the on/off button on the stock headphones and none of the buttons on my nokia WH-701 headset). The DSP doesn't seem to make any difference either.

We haven't had headphone icon since CM9. Not sure what's the problem but it isn't much of an issue as everything works otherwise. Does headset button work in CM7 or CM9? I don't even have a headset so I could test that. :P DSP manager works just as it should.

Will this work on the ZTE Cresent?

Yes, should work on every device.

problem solved concerning vpn. i just installed superSU and done,

but i superuser was not replaced and is still here in my blade and everything is fine for now as i see. is this ok or should i remove superuser manually. thanks

It seems that it broke on 10th and was fixed on 12th.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/24661/

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/24660/

hey pls could u add the cmwallpapers ? is apollo updated ? and can u add the new cmbattery mod in the next build ? Thanks ! great job on the last rom !

I'm not going to include useless bloat like wallpapers. I don't include Apollo because it doesn't use cover art from id tags. New circle battery mod is merged so it will be included in future builds.

Guest matt4321

roms come pretty far, impressed with your work. Does anyone else find that it just destroys your ram? I'm also on like 40mb of ram spare when testing for a few days

Edited by matt4321

Guest Camacha

Wiping /system doesn't touch your apps or data at all, all of that is on /data. It's still unnecessary though.

Good to know. A quick check confirm this is unnecessary; the system partition is 92% used, 147 MB of 160 MB to be exact.

only CWM has a problem with the 2 Mb cache size, and its really nothing to worry about :)

If the error message bothers you too much, just do a quick cache wipe from recovery itself :P

If that's the only problem I don't mind at all, but I had some quirks and was wondering whether this was related. Turns out it's not, so I can get to tweaking again. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Camacha

Guest gerhardo

roms come pretty far, impressed with your work. Does anyone else find that it just destroys your ram? I'm also on like 40mb of ram spare when testing for a few days

There are many claims that ICS (and JB) requires 1GB or at least 768MB to run smoothly.

Obviously not entirely correct, the ROM works mostly fine for me.

There is often little RAM reported as available, but that depends on how the reporting is done, if RAM that has valid data for non-active app is reported as available or not. Llama also occasionally logs low on RAM.

I have seen a few "close to launcher", especially for games. I can live with that.

Guest xondrax

Hi,I have problem with alarmclock-it does make nothing...no sound,nothing on display and used same settinngs as before.10.10 build

Edited by xondrax

Guest Moonvalley11

There are many claims that ICS (and JB) requires 1GB or at least 768MB to run smoothly.

Obviously not entirely correct, the ROM works mostly fine for me.

There is often little RAM reported as available, but that depends on how the reporting is done, if RAM that has valid data for non-active app is reported as available or not. Llama also occasionally logs low on RAM.

I have seen a few "close to launcher", especially for games. I can live with that.

Yes, the RAM gets used up pretty fast and there is visible lag after a while :(

Try using the v6 supercharger, works like a charm, performance improves noticably. :)

Guest herzblutnord

Hi,I have problem with alarmclock-it does make nothing...no sound,nothing on display and used same settinngs as before.10.10 build

try to turn flight mode on and off again ^^

Guest deksman2

Try using the v6 supercharger, works like a charm, performance improves noticably. :)

My San Francisco is 512MB version, and I hadn't been experiencing too many problems with that... however, I have also run into statements that indicate ICS and JB require about 1GB RAM to function properly (though it seems to run fine with 512MB).

Guest jonmac73

Joke I'm not getting, or serious ?

If serious what is v6 supercharger and where do I find it ?

Guest KonstaT

New build. Gapps package was also updated yesterday.

cm-10-20121016-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...z96wjjjeq4u3ewt

md5:01bf667037474e59d7fdd3ae93540d12

-added zram support (Settings -> Performance -> Memory management-> zRam)

-added missing bluetooth filter (someone with a chinese v880 who previously had issues with bluetooth could now test and report back)

-legacycamera now bundled into gallery2 (if you have issues with camera, clear data for gallery first)

-new circle battery mod (you might need to reset your battery style settings)

Guest Sparrow1

-added zram support (Settings -> Performance -> Memory management-> zRam)

I saw these settings in previous builds. Were they only a placeholder? Or something other changed?

We haven't had headphone icon since CM9. Not sure what's the problem but it isn't much of an issue as everything works otherwise. Does headset button work in CM7 or CM9? I don't even have a headset so I could test that. :P DSP manager works just as it should.

Thanks Konsta

I had CM7 and it worked in that. I skipped CM9 and came straight here...

Thanks also to sedge7278, ddudas and Moonvalley11; the lockscreen shortcuts issue was caused by the direct dial shortcuts not working. Nice tip...

I found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276 on XDA re V6 Supercharger. I suspect the colours are very clear to a programmer. To someone like me... less so. Can anyone explain it simply please?