[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest semenfun82

Android has native amr support and there's nothing wrong with it. I just recorded an amr clip in 3gp container and it records and playbacks just fine.

Thanks!

Then it must be a bug in CallRecorder by Skvalex cause no playback in amr but only vaw.

Guest jpdoliveira

It would be better to move to the latest version from the Play shop. Uninstall hacked S2E (can't be updated because I resigned it). Install S2E from market. Configure it (check boxes for apps and mount as ext4 in settings) and only after this reboot your phone. Worked without any issues for me but might be best to make nandroid backup before this just in case.

Don't think mounting as ext4 is needed. I didnt do it and it works just fine. Or what diferes when we mount as ext4?

Hi!

I installed the Apollo music player and its force closed every time I open it.

This is only for CM9?

Not really i installed it and it worked fine ans wonderful for me, you can download on Tranparent widgets thread on XDA

Guest idleness

Absolutely great rom. Using version 17.10 and loving it.. keep up the great work

the only issue/bug im coming up with on daily usage is with the SMS app, when you select "use dark theme" on the check box, it doesnt do anything even after reboot or enable disable again. Is this a known issue? Everything else about that app works perfectly.

Many thanks :)

@konstaT. Some of us experience internet issue (on your CM9 too): signal icon stays gray, it even changes between E and H (2g/3g), but there is no internet connection. For me only reboot helps... Did you experienced that issue? is there a solution?

I also have this problem.

I also have this problem. By any chance, do you guys have gen 3 devices?

Guest gerhardo

It would be better to move to the latest version from the Play shop. Uninstall hacked S2E (can't be updated because I resigned it). Install S2E from market. Configure it (check boxes for apps and mount as ext4 in settings) and only after this reboot your phone. Worked without any issues for me but might be best to make nandroid backup before this just in case.

Note: As always, updates of ROM and sd-ext can give problem for various unknown reasons.

I tried to update first, got an error message, uninstalled hacked s2e, installed from market. All s2e settings were lost, at next reboot all sd-ext apps were lost. Reinstalled Titanium backups.

Related, but probably started at the latest ROM upgrade: dalvik-cache was 250MB compared to 160 MB before upgrade (too many games...). Some apps failed to to init. Uninstalled them, cleared dalvik-cache, reinstalled apps. dalvik cache back to 160MB, apps starting.

As with most discussions, this should be related to some size issue, not the ROM itself.

Guest jventura

Did you apply the two patches in the second post or just some trimming patches? Those make quite a difference in UI speed.

Hum, I believe so since I thought that cm10 would not compile without those, and I've seen them in my cm10 tree with "repo status". But next time I compile, I'll make sure to execute the patches.. Thanks Konsta! :)

Guest Snap.IT

Note: As always, updates of ROM and sd-ext can give problem for various unknown reasons.

I tried to update first, got an error message, uninstalled hacked s2e, installed from market. All s2e settings were lost, at next reboot all sd-ext apps were lost. Reinstalled Titanium backups.

Related, but probably started at the latest ROM upgrade: dalvik-cache was 250MB compared to 160 MB before upgrade (too many games...). Some apps failed to to init. Uninstalled them, cleared dalvik-cache, reinstalled apps. dalvik cache back to 160MB, apps starting.

As with most discussions, this should be related to some size issue, not the ROM itself.

Ummm, at the point "all settings were lost" you should have resetted all settings to their previous state before rebooting.

Regarding lost apps, nothing in that process will delete anything from sd-ext unless you rebooted without the proper settings set, at that point it will try to move the apps back to /data and that won't work since it's full, this explains every problem you've been having.

So, lesson learned, don't reboot without settings checked as they should be or it will do exactly what you tell it to do which is to move everything on sd-ext to /data.

Guest gerhardo

Ummm, at the point "all settings were lost" you should have resetted all settings to their previous state before rebooting.

(Of course) I checked that before rebooting, but /sd-ext was cleared anyway at next startup.

I am used to restore backps now, no big issue.

Guest Snap.IT

(Of course) I checked that before rebooting, but /sd-ext was cleared anyway at next startup.

I am used to restore backps now, no big issue.

Yeah but there is nothing that suddenly decides to wipe /sd-ext for no good reason all of a sudden (this is impossible, there are no format or delete commands when you do this so it didn't happen) so something must be wrong and i like it better when i know what went wrong.

So you are saying that you reset all the settings before reboot (including ext4 setting in advanced)? And it did what after reboot? Did it try to move the apps into /data or were they just missing? Did you check to see if s2e had the options checked after reboot?

Guest ace j. ventura

Konsta's latest CM10 is the best ROM ever used in my Böade during two years.

You're the KING of all devs.

Hope you keep on truckin'. :) :) :)

Guest jolleri

When pressing the clock in the notification drawer it should take you to an alarm app. Instead I get a "No apps can perform this action". Anyone experiencing this? I have the original clock app and Alarm clock plus installed. Pressing the date takes me to the calendar as expected.

@konstaT. Some of us experience internet issue (on your CM9 too): signal icon stays gray, it even changes between E and H (2g/3g), but there is no internet connection. For me only reboot helps... Did you experienced that issue? is there a solution?

Same here, most annoying.

Tap the contact to open it, then tap the button with the three dots on the upper right corner. That should open a menu with "edit" as one of the choices.

Thanks - I figured it out now, all the while I was trying this to do this in the contacts list in the phone app -- I didn't realize I had to open the actual contacts app. I was used to Froyo, where those are the same thing.

Guest WiiSky70

Well im not a fanboy of the ZTE Blade , and i don't even own it myself (But my dad has one) and i use it to test ROM's

And i don't know but i think you guys are making so much pression to KonsTaT . Please leave him alone , this ROM is almost done

in my perspective.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest judas1977

Don't you think that forum/thread is for letting the author of ROM know about issues?

We do not press anyone, just reporting... konstaT is doing a great job and we know that we owe him much, relax

Guest jventura

Hum, I believe so since I thought that cm10 would not compile without those, and I've seen them in my cm10 tree with "repo status". But next time I compile, I'll make sure to execute the patches.. Thanks Konsta! :)

The patches in the first post were indeed not "installed" in my previous version. I usually do "repo sync -d" which uncommits changes not in the cm10 server, so, I thought I had them in the first time, but not. I've now compiled and the UI is much smoother.

The only thing which seems to have broken since my last week attempt is the camera for photos. With the latest "repo sync" done today, it only appears a white screen in the camera live preview.. Maybe someone broke it in any commit! :)

Guest chall32

Yes, I have this too. Sometimes switching to Aeroplane mode and back fixes it.... sometimes not. Lets all see if we can get a logcat to KonstaT

[Tutorial 1] How to get a Logcat : http://forum.samdroid.net/f38/tutorial-how-get-logcat-example-check-battery-drain-2543/

[Tutorial 2] How To Logcat : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Guest jimwormold

Hi all,

I seem to remember that the enhanced pattern lock screen in JB could cause a bootloop in JB ie choosing more than a 3x3 square. Can anyone confirm that this is still the case, or does it now work.

I wouldn't mind boosting mine up to 4x4, but obviously don't want to if it's going to bootloop the phone!

Jim

Guest Schwinni

Yup, same here. I have this issue when turning off WiFi. Sometimes the internet connection also breaks when the phone is idle for several hours.

Only a reboot helps.

Device is TPTed Gen2.

Yup, same here. I have this issue when turning off WiFi. Sometimes the internet connection also breaks when the phone is idle for several hours.

Only a reboot helps.

Device is TPTed Gen2.

same here! internet connection breaks when phone is idle and data connection is turned off. I can turn it on again, but it can not send or receive data. Same issue with enabled GPS, sometimes data connection is lost and cant be restored.

Guest raizor6th

everything works just fine and using it as an everyday driver since the last update and I'm stuck in this ROM because it's reliable.

Edited by raizor6th

Only a reboot helps.

Device is TPTed Gen2.

I'm suffering with this issue too (not just on latest version of this ROM - I think it has existed since day 1). Glad to hear others reporting it too, hopefully between us we can find the cause...

Guest steeperton

I'm suffering with this issue too (not just on latest version of this ROM - I think it has existed since day 1). Glad to hear others reporting it too, hopefully between us we can find the cause...

Can those with issues please check logcat? I posted mine a few days ago - it seems to be trying to establish a new network connection of HIPRI which then causes it all to fail.

Exerpt:

D/Finsky ( 2435): [273] RadioConnectionFactoryImpl.createNewConnection: Creating new RadioConnection of type HIPRI

D/ConnectivityService( 311): startUsingNetworkFeature reconnecting to 0: enableHIPRI

I/dalvikvm( 479): Jit: resizing JitTable from 1024 to 2048

D/ConnectivityService( 311): ConnectivityChange for mobile: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

D/ConnectivityService( 311): Attempting to switch to wifi

D/NetUtils( 311): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x2a7928 clazz=0xa3d00001 iface=rmnet0 mask=0x3

D/ConnectivityService( 311): resetConnections(rmnet0, 3)

D/ConnectivityService( 311): ConnectivityChange for mobile_hipri: CONNECTED/CONNECTED

W/GDataClient( 572): Unable to execute HTTP request.javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL handshake aborted: ssl=0x2d3400: I/O error during system call, Connection timed out

D/Finsky ( 2435): [1] 2.onerrorResponse: Received VolleyError 923 (null)

E/ConnectivityService( 311): Exception trying to remove a route: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '70 interface route remove rmnet0 default 0.0.0.0 0 10.172.118.185' failed with '400 70 Failed to remove route from default table (No such process)'

No idea if that's the cause, but it's a start...