[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest squee666

Actually I've started by reading the first post, but you get about 80 pages of talking about youtube that is said that will never work, and you don't bother ( actually i question why would want youtube HQ in such a small screen/device) but you get annoyed about some (3?) questions (was how much i found on radio subject) that was one of the reasons that made me buy this devide by the time i've done - besides being small (comparable to similars), and full android capable.

And, like i've pointed, that came capable by default with device, like MMS which is basic functions; in opposition to Youtube HQ (that can be fixed externally) but that bothers...

The device screen is not small at all. It uses a 840x480 screen resolution. HQ YouTube is not even that resolution. And compared to other phones even the SGS2 has the same screen Res just different quality.

Guest tilal6991

Guys, apparently there's an update to google search available, but play says it isn't compatible. Anyone have an alternative download link?

No since Google Now was hacked to work on the Blade and the new one needs to be hacked to work as well.

Guest jastonas

Hello people! We have very good news!

All video problems seem to be fixed! (YouTube and Video recording - probably)

Someone managed to release a modified stagefrightlib that workslegacy OMX libs on ICS.

So I guess it's a matter of time until this is implemented in this rom :)

This is a new thread specific for a JB port.

Edited by jastonas

Guest cowscrubber

Hello people! We have very good news!

All video problems seem to be fixed! (YouTube and Video recording - probably)

Someone managed to release a modified stagefrightlib that workslegacy OMX libs.

So I guess it's a matter of time until this is implemented in this rom :)

This is old news. Builds of ICS with Ganster's mods have been out for a while now. As for JB, it's being worked on.

Guest camille1462

Well, I just submitted 3 patches to fix mms (the auto-retrieval part of them) at http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26046/ http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26050/ and http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/26047/ . Maybe it is this feature that people here are talking about? :huh:

Even stock AOSP does not have that, since they broke it around Android 2.3.7.. I had to fix Mms because I was getting battery drainage with data connections off.

Hi

Could you explain quickly to someone like me how to use the patch you wrote for the MMS if it is not yet integrated in CM10?

I couldn't understand anything on the links you gave.

Thanks a lot.

I'm not complaining, I promise! ;)

Guest jventura

Hi

Could you explain quickly to someone like me how to use the patch you wrote for the MMS if it is not yet integrated in CM10?

I couldn't understand anything on the links you gave.

Thanks a lot.

I'm not complaining, I promise! ;)

Lol, no problem! :)

Those are patches for the cm10 source code, so you have to wait till they are accepted by the cm reviewers, and that Konsta uploads a new version of the cm10 with those patches compiled. I won't upload compiled patches because I don't want to risk your cm10 installations. You just need to wait a few days..

But finally, those, like me, who don't have data plans, can now receive automatically mms without having to switch the data connection on (and risking paying big just for 0.1MB download).. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest jpdoliveira

Lol, no problem! :)

Those are patches for the cm10 source code, so you have to wait till they are accepted by the cm reviewers, and that Konsta uploads a new version of the cm10 with those patches compiled. I won't upload compiled patches because I don't want to risk your cm10 installations. You just need to wait a few days..

But finally, those, like me, who don't have data plans, can now receive automatically mms without having to switch the data connection on (and risking paying big just for 0.1MB download).. :)

receive and send i supose? And thats great. ;)

Guest jventura

receive and send i supose? And thats great. ;)

Yeap, it has been merged now. Next version by Konsta will probably include that..

In the Mms application definitions, by default you will have "Mms Auto-retrieval" enabled. It allows to receive and send mms automatically without turning on the data connection. Hopefully, it will be perfect for those who do not have data plans, which is my case.. Just be careful so that "automatic retrieval on roaming" is not selected (by default it is not), or you may have costs while receiving mms in foreign countries.. :)

Guest abarthman

Anyone else experiencing the wifi disconnection issue (greyed-out icon)?

It was resolved with the 28/10 update, but seems to have returned for me.

False alarm.

Rebooted my router and problem hasn't recurred since.

Guest jonmac73

Yeap, it has been merged now. Next version by Konsta will probably include that..

In the Mms application definitions, by default you will have "Mms Auto-retrieval" enabled. It allows to receive and send mms automatically without turning on the data connection. Hopefully, it will be perfect for those who do not have data plans, which is my case.. Just be careful so that "automatic retrieval on roaming" is not selected (by default it is not), or you may have costs while receiving mms in foreign countries.. :)

Forgive my ignorance (and have probably missed something in the thread somewhere) but is this an issue in current release or not. The options above are enabled as default on mine (27/09). Was going to update to latest but wondering if I should or not, or if there is an imminent fix as it sounds like.

Thanks

Guest jventura

Forgive my ignorance (and have probably missed something in the thread somewhere) but is this an issue in current release or not. The options above are enabled as default on mine (27/09). Was going to update to latest but wondering if I should or not, or if there is an imminent fix as it sounds like.

Thanks

In the latest release of Konsta, although you may select mms auto-retrieval it won't work. You have to wait for the next release..

Guest herzblutnord

Hay just a little question,i have on my phone (on the mobile data connectiion status), the letters, G, H and E, i know it are differend types of connections with differend speed, but a friend of me (he have a samsung galaxy nexus) have on his phone almost everytime the letter 3G, and i have never seen it on my blade, can someone please explain me the differend letters, and why i dont see the 3G logo, i thought the blade have 3g ^^

Hay just a little question,i have on my phone (on the mobile data connectiion status), the letters, G, H and E, i know it are differend types of connections with differend speed, but a friend of me (he have a samsung galaxy nexus) have on his phone almost everytime the letter 3G, and i have never seen it on my blade, can someone please explain me the differend letters, and why i dont see the 3G logo, i thought the blade have 3g ^^

G is for GPRS, E for Edge, and H for HSPDA (also called 3G+)... so when you see an H, this means you are on a 3G connection...

Guest purplegreendave

Weird problem with my messaging app. People's names/pictures aren't showing up when I get a message. If I click the (blank) picture beside the number the contact will show up, but will disappear again if I hit back. If I select the number through the People app, and select message, from then on the name/picture appears.

Suspect it might be to do with whether the contact has the country code saved as part of the number (some do show up), but I don't want to edit hundreds of numbers now...

Guest Sulthekk

I'm guessing since this is based on cyanogen the front camera isn't working?

Couldn't see anything specific about this so far.

It would be surprising if you ever had a front camera working on the blade on any rom. :)