[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

I also built the 4.2 keyboard. Even though the gesture typing feature is available in the settings, it doesn't appear to be working. Probably just another Google's proprietary feature.

Can you share a guide on how to build single apks from AOSP? I'm interested in making a LatinIME with only italian dictionary, just to keep /system as small as possible.

Guest tilal6991

Who's said anything about YouTube HQ? :P There's been no progress. Still can't allocate qcom decoder for HQ and falls back to software decoder.

Current patches in my github are for getting the encoder to work.

Oh right. I saw the ganster's patch on your github and thought you might have it working.

The encoder patch works.

Guest huibuhh

Can you share a guide on how to build single apks from AOSP? I'm interested in making a LatinIME with only italian dictionary, just to keep /system as small as possible.

It might not be the appropriate way but opening the latinime.apk e.g. with 7zip and deleting the not needed dictionaries from \res\raw\ has so far worked for me.

Guest tilal6991

KonstaT:

I've got YouTube hq working along with camcorder. It was just a simple change to media_codecs which I got from the xda thread. I'll push it to my github later today.

Guest semenfun82

KonstaT:

I've got YouTube hq working along with camcorder. It was just a simple change to media_codecs which I got from the xda thread. I'll push it to my github later today.

missing OMX?

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT:

Lol, well that wasn't very elobarate. :D I think that it's even the exact same one we had before I "cleaned" it up (read broke :P).

Here you have it folks, YouTube HQ working in Jelly Bean.

cm-10-YouTube-HQ-fix.zip

Guest reedo_17

Lol, well that wasn't very elobarate. :D I think that it's even the exact same one we had before I "cleaned" it up (read broke :P).

take it, it will be in your next release?

could you take some info from this skate thread to make native wifi work on blade (i know that the fix in there involves a kernel so that might not be usable for the blade but the skate is very similiar to the blade, so I guess we could get lucky :D)

Guest reedo_17

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2052568

could you take some info from this skate thread to make native wifi work on blade (i know that the fix in there involves a kernel so that might not be usable for the blade but the skate is very similiar to the blade, so I guess we could get lucky :D)

Konsta has answered this on the coldfusion thread :)

Guest KonstaT

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2052568

Just answered it here. It doesn't work yet but there's already fixes included in few recent build. Just leave your hotspot open and try to tether. ;)

thanks for re-answering it, very kind of you :D

you must get annoyed from all these reposts, thanks for helping the community keep this device alive with cm10, blade wouldn't be the same without tilal, you and other developers. I'm currently learning java at my university so lets see if next year I can be helpful to this community too :D

Guest KonstaT

Konstat:

What do you think about applying for official status again. With OMX now working as far as I know we don't use anything that breaks cts...

I doubt it will happen but it's sure worth a try. I guess it just depends if CM guys want to tar their name by allowing it in crap-end devices. :P This would also mean devices with 256mb RAM and that's way too little for ICS/JB.

Gallery2.apk working amazing :) Feels like I'm handling a galaxy nexus without google now capacities (i don't really give 2 shits about this...) the preview seems to be a little fuzzy, I remember this happening back on the release of Cm9 or CM10, tilal can you look onto it?

Guest tilal6991

I doubt it will happen but it's sure worth a try. I guess it just depends if CM guys want to tar their name by allowing it in crap-end devices. :P This would also mean devices with 256mb RAM and that's way too little for ICS/JB.

Hmm yeah.

256 is an issue for the blade but not the skate as all skates have 512. I wonder if there is a way to exclude 256 blades.

I also think before we do that, a common model for our devices needs to be adopted. Saves code duplication.

Hmm yeah.

256 is an issue for the blade but not the skate as all skates have 512. I wonder if there is a way to exclude 256 blades.

I also think before we do that, a common model for our devices needs to be adopted. Saves code duplication.

FYI: I am running this ROM on 256 MB RAM Idea ZTE Blade with 128 MB SWAP partition and performamance memory management with zRAM, KSM without any issues.

Don't know about youtube HQ (and don't really care, not using it), but the rom is really great, and camera 4.2 works very well: gallery, camera, camcorder, even the panoramic gives some nice result!

Congratulations and thanks for the hard work!

Guest herzblutnord

hay guys sorry for bothering you but i really don't understand how to install the 4.2 camera, gallery, keyboard, and the youtube hq fix, i dont want to brick my blade, can someone explain it to me please? ^^'

Hi and thank you for your work!!

Should I flash this zip?

Thank you

Edited by brob57

Guest huibuhh

Just waiting for the next "now all that is left to make this rom perfect is to fix FM radio" -post :ph34r:

Now that JB on our blade is close to as good as it gets, it's time for google to release Key Lime Pine (Android 5.0) :D

Thanks a million to everyone who has made this possible!

Guest jpdoliveira

FM is no issue with JB on Blade cause not really needed in this ROM! :P

you dont need. i kinda would like to have it to ear when i'm on travels

Edited by jpdoliveira