Kernel Unpacking

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Yeah, but I think the problem was punctuation in the UI_print section, as there were spaces between speechmarks and what I wanted to say

Edit: The script was checking for things in the build.prop that didn't exist. Thanks guys :)

Still getting error, a bit stuck now :(

Edited by utternoob

You don't need to. Yesterday we saw that the bootclasspath is OK. So no need to change anything else.

Just use existing boot.img of your source rom.

Guest utternoob

Tried that, all it does is sit on android man. Heard of roms taking ages to boot, but mine seemed ridiculous. Could it be that the rom I'm porting is odexed? Think it maybe as it was based on stock rom

Makes no difference if odexed/deodexed. No logcat at all? Run it via adb on boot.

It will tell you where it loops.

Edited by C3C0

Guest razzmataz1478

Another problem. All the graphics will be mashed up because I believe the Ace is 480x360 resolution. So framework will need resizing

Guest Mtman1
Another problem. All the graphics will be mashed up because I believe the Ace is 480x360 resolution. So framework will need resizing
Yep it is. Frameworks definitely needs resizing

Guest utternoob

Mostly works, just need to scale framework and system ui for it to work fully, as doesn't get past skatie screen, despite sitting for around 5 minutes