[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

like i have said though, i would recommend the B936 base as this is also HSPA 11 and its not an Asian release like the above. (unless you are in that area)

NOTE: there is a lot more than just the baseband flashed in a full update (offical update.app) that is not included in a flashable .zip

so you recommend b936(update.app) as a base but the latest infusion is still based on b934 will that not cause any conflicts ?

can we know wich update.app is currently in use if we don't remember wich one was installed/used? It looks like some are using different update.app and that causes diferent types of problems. wich is the best "combination"? I'm on 2030 baseband with B05 fully operational. never had any errors in any version so far. nice work and thanks

Guest BillBong

is there any way to bring back the short vibration when the called person answers?

+1

That's something that was very useful from the old CM7 ROMS. It would make Infusion perfect for my needs.

This thread is the first where I have ever seen a tone call titanium backup "crappy". What gives? It's awesome.
lol true :-)

Problem is especially.. changing o/s. Titanium isn't to blame, the two o/S's are not compatible. Similar things happen if roms are too different.

Tillaz has fixed up Infusion so that the Chinese build works on our devices too, hence 926 ppl having fewer problems now.

Guest oldfella

lol true :-)

Problem is especially.. changing o/s. Titanium isn't to blame, the two o/S's are not compatible. Similar things happen if roms are too different.

Tillaz has fixed up Infusion so that the Chinese build works on our devices too, hence 926 ppl having fewer problems now.

have used TB many times to change ROMs and had no problems. Obviously need to avoid restoring system apps. As long as you just restore user apps + data you will be OK

have used TB many times to change ROMs and had no problems. Obviously need to avoid restoring system apps. As long as you just restore user apps + data you will be OK

Sometimes data can cause issues

Titanium backup would get my vote as one of the most important apps ever made.

Edited by b4da55

Just to double check, you are saying that if I flash the update.app of B936 (my baseband is B926) I will keep HSPA 11? Did you do it? I don't want to be involved in downgrade process... Thanks for your pacience.

someone has already confirmed that the official B936 update supports HSPA 11

Anyone else notice the video camera doesn't focus?

not me, because it works fine... its automatic though, so if you watch the screen you should see it refocus at certain points

is there any way to bring back the short vibration when the called person answers?

i don't think the huawei stock roms ever had this... i haven't turned it off

i will however see if it can be enabled

Did you manage to update the baseband from B926 to B936, or it's not possible?

its defiantly possible, all you need to do is a full update to B936 (update.app)

Just tried bar code scanner app. Started and closed it 5+ times and no issues. Think people are maybe jumping to conclusions.

I'm on 926

its not working for everyone though, me included... and i think i know why,

we know the g300 uses a few different cameras, so maybe full support for the newer cameras is not present in the old B926 base

(like i said, its a lot more than just the baseband)

so you recommend b936(update.app) as a base but the latest infusion is still based on b934 will that not cause any conflicts ?

i don't think so since its a European release, unlike B926 which is an Asian release... things are different over there carrier wise

so the baseband is probably tweaked for the carrier networks in that region, (that's why i think people in Europe are getting reboots)

and about the camera issues, i think its because of a lack of firmware support, so could only get better the higher up the official updates you go.

but B936 is recommended because its has HSPA 11 :)

ONE user reported that he updated from B895 to B936 (using the update.app) and he has HSPA 11. Anybody else? Did anybody manage to update from B926 to B936 using update.app and still have HSPA 11?

Sorry to insist, tillaz, but did you do it? Weren't you using B926? I guess if you recommend it's because you know it first hand, or is it just "in theory"?

BTW, I had the problem with the camera in Goggles when using Infusion B04, but the problem is gone since I'm testing B940 (and always had the baseband B926).

Edited by jsevi83

Guest Sonny Atwal

ONE user reported that he updated from B895 to B936 (using the update.app) and he has HSPA 11. Anybody else? Did anybody manage to update from B926 to B936 using update.app and still have HSPA 11?

Sorry to insist, tillaz, but did you do it? Weren't you using B926? I guess if you recommend it's because you know it first hand, or is it just "in theory"?

BTW, I had the problem with the camera in Goggles when using Infusion B04, but the problem is gone since I'm testing B940 (and always had the baseband B926).

i tried flashing the update app for b936 (did not work)

i then tried flashing middle package (did not work)

both from the storage - sd card upgrade from settings menu

currently on b926 and infusion b03

i do not know how to get from b926 to b936, can anyone help or is it even worth doing?

Guest landwomble

Guys, I've just hit a problem for the 2nd time. I've installed infusion on two G300s, both of which came locked from Vodafone, and both of which I flashed before doing a network SIM unlock. Both times, when I tried to SIM unlock with Infusion, I got "System UI has stopped" and was unable to enter the SIM unlock code. Had to revert to stock ICS to get it unlocked then reinstall. No biggie, but worth putting as a sticky in the first post...! Most UK G300s will be bought locked to Voda...

Guest Sonny Atwal

Guys, I've just hit a problem for the 2nd time. I've installed infusion on two G300s, both of which came locked from Vodafone, and both of which I flashed before doing a network SIM unlock. Both times, when I tried to SIM unlock with Infusion, I got "System UI has stopped" and was unable to enter the SIM unlock code. Had to revert to stock ICS to get it unlocked then reinstall. No biggie, but worth putting as a sticky in the first post...! Most UK G300s will be bought locked to Voda...

i think that it is common sense that the first thing you should do when buying a phone is unlock it, before you even root it. thats what i always do anyway

i tried flashing the update app for b936 (did not work)

i then tried flashing middle package (did not work)

both from the storage - sd card upgrade from settings menu

currently on b926 and infusion b03

i do not know how to get from b926 to b936, can anyone help or is it even worth doing?

Just noticed that tillaz is talking about an european B936, so maybe we should try with the leaked UK release, not the one from New Zeland. It can be found here:

read the whole post above your original post to see why i recommend the B936 base... and about the camera with B940

here

Just tried bar code scanner app. Started and closed it 5+ times and no issues. Think people are maybe jumping to conclusions.

I'm on 926

its not working for everyone though, me included... and i think i know why,

we know the g300 uses a few different cameras, so maybe full support for the newer cameras is not present in the old B926 base

(like i said, its a lot more than just the baseband)

i don't think so since its a European release, unlike B926 which is an Asian release... things are different over there carrier wise

so the baseband is probably tweaked for the carrier networks in that region, (that's why i think people in Europe are getting reboots)

and about the camera issues, i think its because of a lack of firmware support, so could only get better the higher up the official updates you go.

but B936 is recommended because its has HSPA 11 :)

=================================================================================================================

also, i see you are sceptical because only ONE person said they have HSPA11 after the official B936 update...

well this is how we found out about B926 had HSPA 11 one person said then more confirmed.. AFTER thread was started.

i will start a new thread now, and see if we can get more to confirm this...

I read the posts above mine like three times before posting. And yes, I'm skeptical since I don't want to update and then have to downgrade. There's always more adventurous users who are willing to test what one user reported, but I'm not one of them... sorry.

And if uk B936 is identical to nz, well, then it's not european, that's why your post confused me.

I read the posts above mine like three times before posting. And yes, I'm skeptical since I don't want to update and then have to downgrade. There's always more adventurous users who are willing to test what one user reported, but I'm not one of them... sorry.

And if uk B936 is identical to nz, well, then it's not european, that's why your post confused me.

how is it not European... the uk version is byte for byte the same, witch would indicate they both support Europe...

i just cant see how all your questioning / disagreeing can help anyone... if you don't agree then don't do it.

what i have recommended has a chance of fixing peoples problems... disagreeing and not trying gives 0% chance of fixing or helping with peoples problems. and wastes my time having to reply

also, what i have recommended has very little to do with what that one person has said... (about HSPA:11) if you read it propperly

the idea of doing the full update to B936 is to update the baseband to a European version, as the random reboots are linked to data connection.

B926 is a Chinese baseband like the ROM its self...

and then the problems with the camera, read the post for info on how it could fix those (different cameras used, not fully supported in old B926 base)

But Update.app way dont work!

No chance to get base 936.....

i know people are having problems but it can be done, if you read threw the thread where theses update.app are posted you will see people have successfully done it

and could possible help you succeed...

maybe we need a thread asking, if and how, people have done it,

i dont have time to start a new thread so someone else should ;)

My questioning was to find out if it's worth to update to B936 if someone wants to keep HSPA 11. I don't think it's a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, I just wanted to know other users experiences. Still users keep reporting that they couldn't update from B926 to B936. Anyway, I think we are trying to find out the same things, so not need to argue or take it personal. I just don't see where is all my disagreeing!

I read the thread about B936 NZ and most users seem to be updating from B934.

Edited by jsevi83

My questioning was to find out if it's worth to update to B936 if someone wants to keep HSPA 11. I don't think it's a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, I just wanted to know other users experiences. Still users keep reporting that they couldn't update from B926 to B936. Anyway, I think we are trying to find out the same things, so not need to argue or take it personal. I just don't see where is all my disagreeing!

I read the thread about B936 NZ and most users seem to be updating from B934.

that's why we need someone with the B926 base,

with camera problems and random reboot problems,

to do an official update to B936, and see if there problems are fixed :)