[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest cjcandrei

hi,

any news about HWA?

Probably HWA will work only in CM9/CM10 ...

@Tillaz. Thank you for your work. This B01 is exquisite. Memory and graphics are working ok now. Thank you again.

Guest cjcandrei

A suggestion for whoever wants to use the internal 2Gb partition with link2sd. I think this can be included in the next ROM maybe. Make a /data/sdext2 directory. Put a script in the init.d directory that says: *mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /data/sdext2*. After reboot you should have mounted the internal 2Gb in the /data/sdext2 directory used by link2sd. Be careful though. For the symlinks to survive the reboot you should have a kernel with init.d support which this rom does not have (the init.d support in this rom is simulated with qcom_postboot.sh script). I'm using geno V2 kernel...

I thought this may be useful ...

A suggestion for whoever wants to use the internal 2Gb partition with link2sd. I think this can be included in the next ROM maybe. Make a /data/sdext2 directory. Put a script in the init.d directory that says: *mount -t vfat -o rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /data/sdext2*. After reboot you should have mounted the internal 2Gb in the /data/sdext2 directory used by link2sd. Be careful though. For the symlinks to survive the reboot you should have a kernel with init.d support which this rom does not have (the init.d support in this rom is simulated with qcom_postboot.sh script). I'm using geno V2 kernel...

I thought this may be useful ...

the rom dose have init.d support... it works the same way... that's why the sd speed increase tweak and all the others are set at boot

Guest cjcandrei

the rom dose have init.d support... it works the same way... that's why the sd speed increase tweak and all the others are set at boot

Yep. I know. But the android system wants the symlinks to be valid when it starts. They are not valid if the /data/sdext2 directory is mounted in the qcom_postboot.sh (already the system has started and found the symlinks not valid). So every app that was linked in the internal sd card will fail. That's why a kernel with init.d support needs to mount the directory first ... Anything else can be run from the qcom_postboot.sh ... It does not matter...

Guest tattiemunch

everything seems to be running sweetly! One question tho...is there any way to dim the brightness of the power and back buttons at night?

every time i touch the screen they light up and near blind me!

Yep. I know. But the android system wants the symlinks to be valid when it starts. They are not valid if the /data/sdext2 directory is mounted in the qcom_postboot.sh (already the system has started and found the symlinks not valid). So every app that was linked in the internal sd card will fail. That's why a kernel with init.d support needs to mount the directory first ... Anything else can be run from the qcom_postboot.sh ... It does not matter...

ok, i have added init.d support to the boot.img (init.rc)

here is the new boot.img LINK

will include it in the next version

has anyone put it through its paces, games, major task hungary apps

grab six guns from the market its free and other wise not available (or search gameloft and try some of there free games)

test for your self and give some feedback :)

grab six guns from the market its free and other wise not available (or search gameloft and try some of there free games)

test for your self and give some feedback

thanks will do.

Guest Ludak021

Hi Tillaz, a feedback about B08

U probably remember that I had storage issues with previous roms and needed those patches and fixes. Not anymore. B08 totally fine for here! ext-SD is set as internal storage (mnt/sdcard) this time so gratz for that! :)

B08 seems snappier then B07 and is in the line of B06 (B07 was slower then B06 in some areas like homescreen animations, adding widgets and a bit laggy with keyboard (I am using smart keyboard pro))

I also welcome the fact that you didn't force volume unlocks screen, was irritating for me. Phone kept turning the screen while I was out running and listening to music (which resulted in very short battery life)

Since I used swap patch before update, MyBackup Root restored my backups without any problem

only one problem with b08, and I don't know why is this: I use GO Contacts instead of ugly people app and and I set it to phone memory (as I did with B06 and B07) import my contacts to "Phone" (not google account, not SIM, but Phone) and they are there until I reboot the phone. After that they get moved to my google account for some odd reason :S At first I thought they were getting deleted but I found out they are getting moved. My Sync is disabled all the time. Any clue on why this happens? Any clue on how can I fix it? o.O

Thank you for the B08 work, much appreciated, great work!

Guest feckineejit

ok, i have added init.d support to the boot.img (init.rc)

here is the new boot.img LINK

will include it in the next version

Tillaz do i just replace it over the other boot.img in the rom?

Edited by feckineejit

Guest beebaakid

just flashed this over the top of stock b940, really like it, games seem to be running smoother and general feel is better. One problem I have is I am defaulting to internal storage not sd, I wiped everything, sorry to be a pain in the ass.