[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, I have a problem with contacts. It seems that "People" app from 4.0.4 is making a mess for me. When I import contacts from SD card into GO Contacts EX, People app somehow intervenes and moves them all to google contacts leaving my Phone contacts empty in GO Dialer EX. If I import them again, people app will just keep copying them into google contacts duplicating, triplicating them etc. It didn;t do that in B07 or earlier roms. I am not even using people app since it has no "phone" storage, only SIM and Google.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? How to resolve it?

I already asked this couple of pages back...

Thanks.

edit: Is it safe to remove People app? Freeze it or something? Replace it with previous version?

we are not using the contacts from 4.0.4, its just the same stock contacts but with HWA disabled

Hmm, that is strange... i don't have this problem, and we both are using English :huh:

It doesn't happen all the time. Only when I write in capitals and then switch back to lower case. It usually fixes itself anyway.

Guest Ludak021

we are not using the contacts from 4.0.4, its just the same stock contacts but with HWA disabled

ok, so what can be cause for this then? Going from B07 to B08 is the only thing I did :S No problem on B07, problem on B08...

ok, so what can be cause for this then? Going from B07 to B08 is the only thing I did :S No problem on B07, problem on B08...

B01 is the latest version on first page, try that

Guest Ludak021

B01 is the latest version on first page, try that

I know B01 is the newest but I am content with B08 :P Except for contacts issue, which is not really that big of an issue anyway. I didn't find any changelog for B01 so after I setup B08 fully and saw B01 come out I was kinda lazy to reinstall everything all over again. I might wait for B02 or something :P

I know B01 is the newest but I am content with B08 tongue.png Except for contacts issue, which is not really that big of an issue anyway. I didn't find any changelog for B01 so after I setup B08 fully and saw B01 come out I was kinda lazy to reinstall everything all over again. I might wait for B02 or something tongue.png

just use "go backup" from the market it restores your whole phone,

there wont be an update for at least 2 or 3 weeks as i don't have the time at the moment

Guest shpibrazz

Tillaz i beg you to look into the caller id problem,this is the only suitable rom for g300.The caller id is happening randomly...me thinks,but am not so sure,that every time someone is calling from the fixed line(home phone) the id never shows up!

Guest governante

Hi, Which version is the best and most stable?

Where's the link to the download?

Is there anything in this ROM does not work?

Edited by governante

Guest ppatrao

Tillaz i beg you to look into the caller id problem,this is the only suitable rom for g300.The caller id is happening randomly...me thinks,but am not so sure,that every time someone is calling from the fixed line(home phone) the id never shows up!

Yep, Tillaz said this release would include contacts 4.0.4 but he didn't, google stated that there was a problem with android recognizing phone numbers and that issue would have been corrected in Contacts 4.0.4, unfortunately we're stuck with caller id lag for at least 3 weeks as tillaz said he doesn't have the time to fix this now... :(

I', on B01 from B926 and had the caller id lag, then patched it with 926RIL and put processor governor at max speed and the lag is still there...

Don't know what to do next, probably revert to GB until tillaz figure it out definitely...

Guest TangerineTractor

Yep, Tillaz said this release would include contacts 4.0.4 but he didn't, google stated that there was a problem with android recognizing phone numbers and that issue would have been corrected in Contacts 4.0.4, unfortunately we're stuck with caller id lag for at least 3 weeks as tillaz said he doesn't have the time to fix this now... :(

I', on B01 from B926 and had the caller id lag, then patched it with 926RIL and put processor governor at max speed and the lag is still there...

Don't know what to do next, probably revert to GB until tillaz figure it out definitely...

Use WhosCall for caller id. Since you're rooted, stick on an ad blocker too (ROM Toolbox Lite or Ad-Free Android), and you have a brilliant solution, online intant number lookup, works like a treat.

Yep, Tillaz said this release would include contacts 4.0.4 but he didn't, google stated that there was a problem with android recognizing phone numbers and that issue would have been corrected in Contacts 4.0.4, unfortunately we're stuck with caller id lag for at least 3 weeks as tillaz said he doesn't have the time to fix this now... sad.png

there is an update today (had some free time earlier on)

INFO

• 4.0.4 AOSP CONTACTS
  • GO BACKUP (NO LIMIT)
  • INIT.D BOOT.IMG
  • LATEST GOOGLE MUSIC
  • LATEST GOOGLE MARKET
  • LATEST PLAY SERVICES
  • NOVA LAUNCHER
  • FIXED OTA DATE
  • SMALL BUG FIXES
  • GENERAL MAINTENANCE

Guest ppatrao

Use WhosCall for caller id. Since you're rooted, stick on an ad blocker too (ROM Toolbox Lite or Ad-Free Android), and you have a brilliant solution, online intant number lookup, works like a treat.

Thanks for spotting that out, but it really isn't a solution.

I have no problem in my phone identifying the caller's number, they're ID just takes a couple of seconds to display but it always show me the number first.

Besides, WhosCall requires a permanent internet connection and Data plan, to do what a regular phone is supposed to do well above anything else: manage calls, incoming or outgoing, prompt ID, etc...

This is a MAJOR issue with everyone who intends to use they're smartphone to make and receive not so smart calls ;)

I have a tablet to play around, but really depend on my g300 for office purposes...

Thanks for spotting that out, but it really isn't a solution.

I have no problem in my phone identifying the caller's number, they're ID just takes a couple of seconds to display but it always show me the number first.

Besides, WhosCall requires a permanent internet connection and Data plan, to do what a regular phone is supposed to do well above anything else: manage calls, incoming or outgoing, prompt ID, etc...

This is a MAJOR issue with everyone who intends to use they're smartphone to make and receive not so smart calls wink.png

I have a tablet to play around, but really depend on my g300 for office purposes...

its a MAJOR problem on all the stock based ics roms...

its huawei people should be reporting the problem to, because if the 4.0.4 contacts don't fix the problem... i have no idea what they have done to cause this :blink: :huh:

its a pain in the arss... but i'm am out of ideas if this update dose not resolve the issue :(

Guest ppatrao

Tillaz: I know this. It's really Huawei dev team to blame for. Just keeping my fingers cross that maybe you can somehow (as on other issues) can think of a workaround on the Caller ID bug wich as i said some posts above, it's NOT your fault ;)

This latest Rom just Rocks Tillaz, you've done a great job. So far the most tight Rom available!

Keep up the good work!

Guest ppatrao

I don't get the caller id to show at all even after a few rings.

Tillaz is implementing Contacts from android 4.0.4. Wait for it then update his latest Rom, hope it sorts out the Caller ID bug...

Guest ppatrao

I've just tested it now with three different numbers, two mobile, one landline and the caller Id was instant. using yesterdays b01rom.

Yeah, i can test like that and every single call shows prompt Caller ID.

But then, go out or play around with your phone and when someone calls you it will be there the delay... it's random... yesterday received 8/9 calls all ok, at evening caller ID lag.

Today by morning caller ID lag on firts call, no lag on 2nd call and lag again just 3 minutes ago...