[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

Wheres the link to new camera :?! smile.png

there will be an update in a day or two, just testing some stuff to fix the slow downs that accrue after a while

Guest Sonny Atwal

Do you plan on making Rom's for every top £100 android phone which is released every 6 months or so. Or is this the last one?

Guest timfimjim

yeah, it will always be slower than gingerbread utill huawei fix this...

then i can use better tweaks for performance.

i just hope huawei hurry up and sort this out... because when i get my quad core device i wont have much time for the g300

Which device are you looking at? The zte era?

Guest k123456

use this method by frankish (number 3)

http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Hi Tillaz

tried this,

usb debugging is on, boot phone holding power and vol down, see splash screen, chinese writing ix-3g orange font, plug usb cable in

run 'install-cwmrecovery-windows.bat', which comes back with

C:\fb mp\89_cwm_easy_installer_6ce09\CWM Easy Installer>fastboot-windows.exe fl

ash recovery cwm.img

sending 'recovery' (5212 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

C:\fb mp\89_cwm_easy_installer_6ce09\CWM Easy Installer>echo Now reboot to reco

very to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up an

d press power).

C:\fb mp\89_cwm_easy_installer_6ce09\CWM Easy Installer>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I tried download the ics infusion zip again, in case original download was corrupt, no luck ;r

I check to see if CWR has in fact installed, but I still get

E: signature verification failed

3. Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Some users have had issues with flashing this so i have done some text editing of some of Pauls scripts for his root method to make a similar one click install for Clockwork Mod Recovery. I have bundled the latest version by Sebastian as of the 5th May 2012. So please first of all,

3a. Download this file first. Easy CWM Recovery Installer. Now extract the zip file to a suitable location. On your phone press Menu, Settings, Applications, Development. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

3b. Power off your phone and pull the battery. Replace the battery and power on your phone with the volume DOWN key pressed.

3c. The same as Pauls root installing your phone will now stick on the Huawei logo. Plug in your USB cable.

3d. Same as Pauls still...

For WINDOWS - double click 'install-cwmrecovery-windows.bat'

Edited by k123456

Guest kyan31

Tillaz, are you going to be able to fix stability issues with this rom? I have experienced issues with infusion such as random reboots (I think that's a problem with the leaked ICS, not infusion), and apps randomly lagging and force closing. This happens with a few of my apps such as Facebook, and Dolphin Browser. They will suddenly lock up and then the phone will reboot, or the app will close. Its really frustrating, but hopefully you can fix it. I have turned of 'force GPU rendering' so its not that. I will return to standard ICS until this is fixed. I do congratulate you however, for making such a spectacular rom.

Guest tillaz

Tillaz, are you going to be able to fix stability issues with this rom? I have experienced issues with infusion such as random reboots (I think that's a problem with the leaked ICS, not infusion), and apps randomly lagging and force closing. This happens with a few of my apps such as Facebook, and Dolphin Browser. They will suddenly lock up and then the phone will reboot, or the app will close. Its really frustrating, but hopefully you can fix it. I have turned of 'force GPU rendering' so its not that. I will return to standard ICS until this is fixed. I do congratulate you however, for making such a spectacular rom.

and this doesn't happen on stock ICS ?

Guest kyan31

and this doesn't happen on stock ICS ?

No. The only problems I experience are random reboots, the these are less frequent compared to your rom.

Guest Fabrizioso

No. The only problems I experience are random reboots, the these are less frequent compared to your rom.

I can second that. On B927 I had random reboots, too, but it felt much more responsive, less laggy and no forced close or stalled apps.

With Infusion the random reboots are not more frequent but I encounter these other mentioned problems.

I feel that limiting the background processes to four improved the situation a bit but still the system feels like totally overloaded.

Apps making most problems here are: Chrome (unusable), Stock browser, Facebook, Endomondo.

In my naive view I can see three potential sources:

- Storage: apps heavily storing and reading to the SD card or internal memory suffer most

- GUI: something is less efficient than on B927 and causes UI intensive apps to lag or stall

- Memory consumption: a problem in the memory management forces apps to "swap" or work with too less memory

All these are only assumptions, maybe tillaz you can best see where there are differences between your ROM and B927 to narrow down the root cause?

Thanks for all your efforts. If there is something I can test to help solving this let me know!

Fabrizio

Hi tillaz, sorry to gate crash your thread here lol, do you know what IFWI folder is for ? Over on the OSD side, we got an intel flasher, which means root may be possible :D

Guest tillaz

Both.

think this is fixed now...

it can only be a script or tweak i have added as its based on B926 and B297

can someone please try using voice input in a text message via the keyboard and tell me if you keep getting "connection error"

Guest tillaz

Hi tillaz, sorry to gate crash your thread here lol, do you know what IFWI folder is for ? Over on the OSD side, we got an intel flasher, which means root may be possible biggrin.png

i have no idea m8,

could be related to windows

"InstallShield for Windows Installer" IFWI

Guest mack_

think this is fixed now...

it can only be a script or tweak i have added as its based on B926 and B297

can someone please try using voice input in a text message via the keyboard and tell me if you keep getting "connection error"

i was getting that until i installed swiftkey 3(bought for 10p few months ago ^_^ )... But before that everytime i try to text someone using the google voice thing...it would acknowledge the name of the person(never got the hang of getting the number up though) and when i try to add to the text through the voice app,it would fail even in low noise conditions with no background noise :huh:

Edited by mack_

Guest tillaz

Which device are you looking at? The zte era?

yeah, i personally want the zte era because it has the right size screen for me... anything over 4.3 dose not interest me

phones are starting to get to big... people will be walking around with laptop's to there head before me know it... lol

Guest mack_

yeah, i personally want the zte era because it has the right size screen for me... anything over 4.3 dose not interest me

phones are starting to get to big... people will be walking around with laptop's to there head before me know it... lol

Galaxy Note is one of them.....its almost like holding an ipad to your ear,very awkward on buses too

Guest Unable

official what ???

" WARNING THIS ROM CAN ONLY BE FLASHED IF YOU HAVE DONE THE OFFICIAL ICS UPDATE FIRST "

[YOUR BASEBAND SHOULD SAY 2030 IN ABOUT PHONE ]

Where can I download official ics update?

Guest Sonny Atwal

Any idea how much that is going to retail for? Also when is it going to be released? Personally I think the best price point for a smartphone is £100. Simple because you can usually mod them to become great devices and the law of diminishing returns seems to really kick in after passing the £100-150 mark.

Instead of buy in an S3 or a Note I decided to get a G300 and a Nexus 7. I still have a spare £150 in my pocket and 2 great devices

Guest radarist

Having some issues:

Longpressing on-off button doesn't bring up the menu, but instead the phone reboots.

After restarting wifi doesn't connect, its turned off in settings. When turning on it shows my home network out of range.

Any suggestion how to fix these?

Guest mack_

Having a lot of issues now-

Tried to play temple run, it froze and rebooted

Tried to take picture using the camera and it shut down :-\

More memory intensive apps keep fc'ing and freezing. I'm starting to think Huawei leaked bad roms. :-(