[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

@tillaz

thanks for the feedback.

am only looking at making something specific to infusion rom, T-Mobile theme chooser looks like it's been integrated into cm, will have to have another look on github.

at the minute I don't really know what's possible and what's not in getting apps interacting with each other, i.e. forcing my app to overide systemui layout xml files, but it's a voyage of discovery in my learning process.

my end goal is making my own rom, but I'm starting by making (trying ) individual modules, but there is so much stuff I don't think I will ever get a whole rom done.

t-mobile theme chooser is heavily built in the the framework i think...

that's why i'm saying a "new" app that worked in a similar way would be a great thing to have as a stand alone app

i think it would be possible as there are already apps that push xml files to the framework to change animations..

you would just have the app push the resources used for themeing... i,m surprised no one has worked on something like this already

some thing a bit like this, but with option to add your own packages (theme resources)

https://play.google....C51bmxvY2tlciJd

or more like this, but that pushes a whole package (theme resources)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.ninjamorph.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5uaW5qYW1vcnBoLmZyZWUiXQ..

Guest top_score

i think it would be possible as there are already apps that push xml files to the framework to change animations..

you would just have the app push the resources used for themeing... i,m surprised no one has worked on something like this already

some thing a bit like this, but with option to add your own packages (theme resources)

https://play.google....C51bmxvY2tlciJd

or more like this, but that pushes a whole package (theme resources)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.ninjamorph.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInN0ZXJpY3Nvbi5uaW5qYW1vcnBoLmZyZWUiXQ..

fantastic thanks, will have a go at decompiling and seeing what I can learn and utilise.

I think I should be able to do something that let's me toggle clock position as a start and build up from there, no point making it more complicated than a clock toggle for now.

fantastic thanks, will have a go at decompiling and seeing what I can learn and utilise.

I think I should be able to do something that let's me toggle clock position as a start and build up from there, no point making it more complicated than a clock toggle for now.

i used to include center clock as default in my gingerbread roms, but had some trouble stopping icons over lapping the clock

Guest top_score

the center clock problem is a pain, just going to use that as a proof of concept.

if I can get that to work then implementing other things should be possible.

things were much simpler using machine code on the old 8085 processor, way back before C or Java had even been thought off, hell even dos was only a baby back then.

Guest Higgy69

Did anyone else try the caller ID fix? There seemed to be no mention of it, all the talk is about themes :P

Like I mentioned, with the fix, caller ID appear pretty much straight away on B03. There was about a 5 sec lag before fix. I guess B05 will have the fix built it?

Also with newer Infusion ROMS does Google Now work any better? Or is a a behind the scene thing, that until CM10 based ROMS come out, then Google Now will be a bit hit/miss. I tried it on on old B06 and I thought it seemed ok. Not used it since though.

Trying to upgrade from B02 to B04, I've downloaded the .zip separately and put it on my SD card but CWM says it "Can't open" the .zip because it's "bad"?

Do I need to rename it or something?

Guest patrikdani

Is there any good camera app that let us take photos with the volume buttons?

Camera 360. I think even the af better and there are a quite few effects

Guest top_score

The state of my notification bar after playing making a stand alone theme installer thingy app.

Comming along nicely (read slowly)

thanks to @tillaz for giving me ideas what to look for.

post-993125-0-24663300-1352441995_thumb.

Guest MickJack

Is there any good camera app that let us take photos with the volume buttons?

i've become quite attached to UCam just lately, need to set volume switch in settings + loads of toys to play with.

Guest dinamo1975

The state of my notification bar after playing making a stand alone theme installer thingy app.

Comming along nicely (read slowly)

thanks to @tillaz for giving me ideas what to look for.

When installing the themes is necesary to do "wipe data/factory reset"?

Edited by dinamo1975

The last ROM I used was the older version (B06) and I didnt seem to have the problem of the ringtones/notifications resetting themselves everytime the phone was turned off and back on. Ive got this problem again now, is there anyway around it? (Im on the New B04)

Also is it possible to revert back to the standard theme? Thanks :)

Very quick ROM this one by the way!

Edited by Cardie

Guest scott4534

I have B04 installed, my G300 keeps crashing and rebooting. I did a data and cache wipe before installing. Is there any way to diagnose crashes?

Note I know it's not the ROM at fault, it was crashing with a previous non-Infusion one.

I guess it's probably a hardware problem but any tips on tracking it down before I go to the extent of restoring the supplied ROM and returning it?

Guest Pirex69

I have B04 installed, my G300 keeps crashing and rebooting. I did a data and cache wipe before installing. Is there any way to diagnose crashes?

Note I know it's not the ROM at fault, it was crashing with a previous non-Infusion one.

I guess it's probably a hardware problem but any tips on tracking it down before I go to the extent of restoring the supplied ROM and returning it?

you must wipe everething including dalviccache

If there was a way of disabling data connection on first boot I would appreciate it because I always spend a little bit of money everytime I update the rom x)

Thanks.

Guest top_score

If there was a way of disabling data connection on first boot I would appreciate it because I always spend a little bit of money everytime I update the rom x)

Thanks.

there is a way, can't remember exactly but it involves you editing certain section of code before you flash the rom.

the easiest method would be for you to remove your sim before you flash and reboot your rom.

there is a way, can't remember exactly but it involves you editing certain section of code before you flash the rom.

the easiest method would be for you to remove your sim before you flash and reboot your rom.

I thought of that too and that's what I'm going to do in the next update. Thanks!