[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Bassalh123

Hi everyone,

Can someone please clarify the benifs of using INFUSION ICS Rom Vs the previous Rom ATOMICMOD from the same Dev. ? In other words which one is better in terms of performance, reliability, battery life and speed?

Note: I am still using AtomicMod since it was first released (about 5 months) and I had no problems with it what so ever, I upgraded twice to stock ICS and downgraded simply it was slow + more RAM usage.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Kelthar

Quick question, is there any way to perform the update without a full wipe? It is extremely painful to reinstall 4gb worth of apps every time I do an update (3.7gb of those are games).

I know this would have to be done manually, replacing the modified files, possibly through adb, but I have no idea how.

Thanks.

Guest andy.hyde4

Quick question, is there any way to perform the update without a full wipe? It is extremely painful to reinstall 4gb worth of apps every time I do an update (3.7gb of those are games).

I know this would have to be done manually, replacing the modified files, possibly through adb, but I have no idea how.

Thanks.

Use gobackup?

Guest Kelthar

Use gobackup?

I am aware of how I can perform the full wipe and restore my apps, but I was wondering about a way to do it without wiping everything I have.

I use Link2SD, that being the main reason why I would want to avoid a full wipe. I'd need at least 8gb free to perform the restore. 4gb to store the backups, and other 4gb (or about 3.5gb) to keep the games installed while I link them back to the hidden partition in my sdcard.

A thousand apologies for the noob post but I need some help.

Being totally ignorant of how to install a custom rom I have just followed the "like you're 5" guide to try to install Infusion on my g300.

All went fine until I did the final reboot after installing the rom & the gapps-ics file and wiped everything.

After rebooting all I get is a series of error messages about the process com.android has stopped.

I can get back to clockwork recovery but nothing else.

If someone could suggest something I'd be grateful.

I am aware of how I can perform the full wipe and restore my apps, but I was wondering about a way to do it without wiping everything I have.

I use Link2SD, that being the main reason why I would want to avoid a full wipe. I'd need at least 8gb free to perform the restore. 4gb to store the backups, and other 4gb (or about 3.5gb) to keep the games installed while I link them back to the hidden partition in my sdcard.

why not just tick the auto link box in link2sd settings, then restore your phone with go backup and they should link there self

A thousand apologies for the noob post but I need some help.

Being totally ignorant of how to install a custom rom I have just followed the "like you're 5" guide to try to install Infusion on my g300.

All went fine until I did the final reboot after installing the rom & the gapps-ics file and wiped everything.

After rebooting all I get is a series of error messages about the process com.android has stopped.

I can get back to clockwork recovery but nothing else.

If someone could suggest something I'd be grateful.

i wish that guy would update his thread... no offence but its not even accurate (like you're 5)

1] you don't flash gapps on stock based roms, (unless it has no android market after booting up, this is rare, normally only Chinese stock rom)

2] you do all the wipes before installing the rom... not after

it should be done like this

• Select wipe data/factory reset

• Select Yes -- delete all user data

• Once complete, select wipe cache partition

• Select Yes- Wipe Cache

• mounts and storage / format system

• Select install zip from sd card (use the volume down button to move and press the Home button to select).

• Select choose zip from sdcard​.

• Select the ROM you downloaded and pasted to your phone (it will be a zip file - you may have to scroll to the bottom to find it)

• Select Yes - Install <ROM name.zip>

• Wait for the ROM to install and you can see Install from sdcard complete. This can take up to 5 minutes.

• Once complete, press the Back / Return button.

• You have successfully installed a custom ICS ROM! Your phone will take a long than usual time to boot as it's the first time, so be patient. If it takes longer than 10 minutes, see the troubleshooting below.

i wish that guy would update his thread... its not even accurate (like you're 5)

1] you don't flash gapps on stock based roms, (unless it has no android market after booting up, this is rare, normally only Chinese stock rom)

2] you do all the wipes before installing the rom... not after.

Wow! That's some quick reply, thank you.

Unfortunately I just tried the wipes first and then installing just the rom and am still getting the same error message.

I noticed a couple of things that don't tie in with the guide:

-The rom takes 10 seconds to install

- When I wipe user data I get a log message after "Formatting sd-ext..." which states "Error mounting / sd-ext!" then "Skipping format..." then "Formatting / sdcard /.android_secure..." then "Data wipe complete"

Not sure if that either of those factors are relevant?

Guest Kelthar

why not just tick the auto link box in link2sd settings, then restore your phone with go backup and they should link there self

I guess I'll try that. I was trying to find a way to avoid the issue of restoring backups altogether, but since I only receive answers on ways of restoring I assume it's not feasible to upgrade through adb or zips.

Thanks.

Guest top_score

Thanks.

The reason for a full wipe is it ensures everything has been replaced. if you don't do a full wipe some files that may have been causing issues may not be replaced, then the dev i.e. tillaz and/or people trying to help you are then dealing with faults that are nothing to do with the "new" rom.

search Google for why you need to do a full wipe when flashing a new rom, it will be much more accurate and detailed than the quick explination I gave.

Is this rom rooted or do we have to root it after installing it?

Will it overwrite my CWM? I'm currently running B934 rooted and with CWM installed.

this rom is rooted, it wont overwrite ur CWM

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Hey Tillaz or any other Dev :P

Is it possible to get a 2G Toggle (NOT AUTOMATIC !) on the Power Widget Bar. Like on CM 7.2

because now i need 2clicks with an extern APP :/ i use often the 2G mode :)

Guest prosist

You do have 3 partitions - the 2G internal is unusable once you have an SD card (unless you use comething like Cyda's mod http://www.modaco.co...ompatible-1411/ - think you'd need to be rooted though). You need to move some of your apps to the SD card using App Manager, and possible change your default storage to the SD card. Otherwise everything goes to internal.

cyda's mod worked on infusion b05, thanks.

Hi,

I installed B05, everything is mostly working fine. But after installing the zip to 'remove MTP', OTA is showing me being back on version B01 and there is an update (B05) available (it's also showing my device as 'ace').

Have I done something wrong?

Guest feckineejit

Hi,

I installed B05, everything is mostly working fine. But after installing the zip to 'remove MTP', OTA is showing me being back on version B01 and there is an update (B05) available (it's also showing my device as 'ace').

Have I done something wrong?

It must be something to do with the "remove MTP" zip because i had B05 on 3 times and it reverted back to B01 everytime with it showing update to B05. I gave up trying and stuck with B01, now i know the problem i will try again tomorrow without the "remove MTP" zip

Edited by feckineejit

yeah, i will update the MTP remover add-on later on today...

i also think i might of finally found out how to fix the caller id lag... and why it happens,

i'm going to give it a try later on then ask some people to try it...

after doing a bit of research on the net about my idea, i actually found other people had been looking to do the same thing for the same problem,

BUT... on other devices, so its not just a huawei thing by the looks of it... the good thing is, they said it resolved the problem :)